• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega 3D Classics Wave 2 |OT| October: 3D Sonic 2

So here's something that's cropped up on a few previous releases and is here again with Outrun...

What is (in Outrun's case) the true aspect ratio?
I'd assume it would be fullscreen, but widescreen provides additional visual information.
Are these 'extra' visuals something that's added in for these releases?

Raitaro

Maybe I should change the title of this thread to reflect each new release? I probably should have thought of this much much earlier...

Great idea - and well implemented already!

Ahem...

OUTRUN!!!!!

...*inhales*...

YEESSSSSS!!!!

Apologies, I had to get that out of my system. Carry on, everyone.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So here's something that's cropped up on a few previous releases and is here again with Outrun...

What is (in Outrun's case) the true aspect ratio?
I'd assume it would be fullscreen, but widescreen provides additional visual information.
Are these 'extra' visuals something that's added in for these releases?

correct.

daydream

Banned
When you thread the needle between two cars, it's like you ascend to a higher plane of existence.

Motherfucking Out-Run.

Man, the wait's killing me. Good thing I have this update telling me to go download Pokémon Shuffle, lol.

We don't need a new thread just because it's OutRun. That's playing favorites with this batch of releases; each one's just as worthy as the last, so too are the games in their myriad ways. So OutRun's certainly the darling of the bunch, and y'all should make a thread inspired by the port's quality (we had one for Galaxy Force II that was a separate topic, not an OT), but keeping impressions centralized and local is most important.

eXistor

Fuck yeah Out Run! As a bonus I noticed all other 3D Classics were 50% off.

Magical Sound Shower is my jam.

Ban Puncher

No Out Run for Australian eShop, same as with Fantasy Zone a month ago.

We got After Burner II back in January though so I dunno.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Sad to hear about AUS. that sucks.

If this sale happens in NA i'm buying all the 3D classics i'm missing. Ecco, Altered Beast, and one I'm embarrassed to say I never bought.

Weirdly, the 3D Classics sale is happening on the AUS store right now. Just no new games.
I just wish they were at liberty to discuss what's keeping the games back, but I doubt we'll know the full story.

A sale would get me to buy Space Harrier and Shinobi III for certain, but I might end up getting them anyway.

Sad to hear about AUS. that sucks.

If this sale happens in NA i'm buying all the 3D classics i'm missing. Ecco, Altered Beast, and one I'm embarrassed to say I never bought.

Don't hate me guys but I haven't bought any because I've been holding out on a sale. I guess we'll see soon.

Super Thunder Blade ≠ Arcade Thunder Blade. We're getting the latter guys!

Don't hate me guys but I haven't bought any because I've been holding out on a sale. I guess we'll see soon.
It's alright, you're only talking with SEGA's most loyal Bible salesmen in this here thread. :)

So, I already wanted a New 3DS XL, but Outrun might actually push me to buy the damn thing today.
Just a hassle to migrate the games via customer service...OutRun justifies most everything, go for it!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I guess it's time to finally get a 3D Classic as I do enjoy OutRun. I see Space Harrier is on sale I guess I'll get that too.

Khaz

Damn these new upgrades (cornering, etc.) really make the game easy! The most difficult part is almost to unlock the first one, after that it's a breeze to get all endings.

Also it seems each upgrade has its own high score table. I like it, I don't really want to pollute my legit scores with those.

rjc571

Banned
Glad that non-Japanese 3DS owners are finally getting a chance to enjoy Outrun. It truly is a special game and a perfect update.

OmarLexus

I can't believe I kept intentionally overlooking these arcade classics. I didn't even realize they emulated the moving cabinet until reading it here. Shame on me. Now I will get them all to redeem myself.

Do both people need to have Altered Beast and Streets of Rage for local multiplayer or is there download play like the NES VC?

This game's easy. I mean, still a challenge, but Super Hang-On is even more ruthless despite having less vehicles on the road in corners. Hearing about the upgrades making it easier, well, that just ain't my style, but there's no doubt this will be the most accessible of the 3D arcade classics.

Driving under the arches is a damned roller-coaster! And I just noticed the bottom screen's running at 30 frames, not 60...oh well, can't have it all!

Top Bottom