• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Sammy sees loss in 2007/08, to cut 400 jobs (Reuters)

Sega should sell the Sonic franchise to Nintendo, sell Virtua Fighter franchise to someone else, and then they can burn to the ground for all I care.

They really need to put time and development into a product. I feel like everytime I really see a Sega published/developed game, it gets released soon after with horrible to average reviews.

Games like Nights for wii would have been leagues better, and sold leagues better, as a mid 2008 release. They could have done some focus testing to realize some of the awful, awful, shitty moments....I guess nobody within the development team noticed them.

Lobster

Banned
underfooter said:
Sega should sell the Sonic franchise to Nintendo, sell Virtua Fighter franchise to someone else, and then they can burn to the ground for all I care.

They really need to put time and development into a product. I feel like everytime I really see a Sega published/developed game, it gets released soon after with horrible to average reviews.

Games like Nights for wii would have been leagues better, and sold leagues better, as a mid 2008 release. They could have done some focus testing to realize some of the awful, awful, shitty moments....I guess nobody within the development team noticed them.

I don't think Sammy is going to respond too well when SEGA tells them that they'd like more time for their product that was initially planned for 2007.

batbeg

Why is a thread about Sammy at 3 pages? I know it concerns Sega, but seriously...

Anyway, you say "games like NiGHTS" but as far as I'm aware, that's their only recent bomb, isn't it? And even then, the original game hardly sold incredibly well.

Top Bottom