• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

I can't figure out what kind of game this is from the videos. Is it Dynasty Warriors or Virtual On? Or Dragonball Z? Is it a RPG?

Waaaaaat?! Asuka x Homura is the OTP!
My experience with Senran Kagura is only the anime and SV and to me Asuka and Homura only seem like friends/rivals, with only Homuras team saying she's in love with Asuka when she worries about her being in troble, while Katsuragi seems to actually like Asuka and sexually harasses her the most.

Puruzi

Banned
Thank god I'm not the only one! The only ships I care for are Haruka x Mirai, Katsuragi x Asuka or Katsuragi x everyone(Katsuragis Bon Appetite ending is the true canon ending!).

nonononono

Homura and Asuka ONLY

HomuAsu is the only pairing acceptable for both of them

Eolz

Katsuragi is basically only there for the lewd on most girls.
Only ones you can see she likes a bit more are Ikaruga and Hikage.
Rivals in SK are usually a little bit friendlier than your average rival.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How many tracks is the OST? As many as the SK2 one?

......now that I think about it, I need to make space in my car, I've got too many gaming OSTs that I can't fit anymore.

Demoskinos

How many tracks is the OST? As many as the SK2 one?

......now that I think about it, I need to make space in my car, I've got too many gaming OSTs that I can't fit anymore.

I wanna say like 76 songs in EV? I'm trying to remember how many it lists in game to collect and I wanna say its 76.

pariah164

Ahahahahaha.

So. I spent the last 30 minutes customizing every single character in the dressing room mode. I exited back to the menu. I thought it autosaved. I exited the game to transfer the pictures over.

It didn't save.

Thanks, game. I have to do them ALL OVER AGAIN.

Ultimadrago

Ahahahahaha.

So. I spent the last 30 minutes customizing every single character in the dressing room mode. I exited back to the menu. I thought it autosaved. I exited the game to transfer the pictures over.

It didn't save.

Thanks, game. I have to do them ALL OVER AGAIN.

wat. How do you save them then?

Puruzi

Banned
Puruzi knows! Preach!

vnHTmt4.gif

Pics_nao

I have to post this on every site I visit.

Had to cancel my Amazon orders because they kept declining all my cards so I went to pick it up at GameStop instead. The guy at the counter asked me for the "real" reason why I play these games. Told him it's because I like tits and ninjas. After that he said he'd give the games a try.

Don't forget to convert your local game shop to Life and Hometown-ism.

FHIZ

So I just opened up dressing room mode... my lord. Was trying real hard to kiss someone, realized what I was doing, decided it was time to go to bed early. This fucking game.

I can't stop laughing.

My vita version is coming Thursday (hopefully)
I'm hoping for either gessen girls or homura cs..

Also holy shit I just realized this game has a manual! I haven't seen one of those in a long time.
I wish you luck lol. I was hoping for Gessen or Crimson Squad as well, only new hebijo character I like is Murasaki.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So for the Mission Set coming next month, does that have its own unique story/cutscenes? That might be the only paid DLC I'll have interest in, but if it's like the DLC characters where they don't add any story elements, I might just skip it.

Edit: *looks back at DLC schedule* Oh god, it's gonna be a huge pain linking everything considering I have to deal with two systems now, but I'll keep my word on updating everyone when DLC is available with links to the PS Store for each item.

hitmon

Is the DLC cross-buy between PS4 and PSV? For those who have both versions, which version do you prefer?

Are all versions on sale right now the Endless Summer version?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All retail versions are the Endless Summer version, yes.

& just checked, yup, DLC is crossbuy.

Moonlight

Banned
Played through the prologue. Enjoying this a lot more than Shinovi Versus so far. A lot benefits from the fact I'm playing this on the PS4 as opposed to the Vita, of course (that is, a reasonably locked frame-rate until the enemy count gets insane), but appreciate the new additions (like fusions). Game just feels good to pilot.

The most important thing, though, is that they give you Crimson Squad right off the bat. Legit the best team by far. That said, first impressions of the Midoriko sisters are good.

Some things don't really change, though. Still really dislike playing Yumi. Luckily, Yozakura will always be there to rep Gessan for me.

hitmon

All retail versions are the Endless Summer version, yes.

& just checked, yup, DLC is crossbuy.

Thanks for the quick response.

Anybody know if Sony fixed the firmware issue that led to battery drain? I might avoid the vita version and get the PS4 version instead if that is the case.

I'm waiting on my local store for my PS4 copy and might get the Vita physical as well. Already playing it for review though. I was playing it in a coffee shop yesterday on Vita lol.

pariah164

Since I've been talking about them so much, have some Shinobi Makeovers:

Hanzo

Crimson Squad

Gessen

Hebijo

Festival Girls

Rambling thoughts on the customization: I really had fun doing these before they were deleted, so I'll go back and do them again. Pirate!Homura is a homage/reference to her card (which is great). Punk Hikage is amazing, I could not edit Murasaki's hair color AT ALL which pissed me off (wth game devs?). I really like that uniform on Mirai for some reason; not sure why. I wish there were MORE hair colors. Like, a palette version where you could pick any color you wanted, but there's over 25 characters in the game, so I know it's not feasible.

I'm sure I can play with it more once I unlock more stuff.

EDIT: Whoop! Sorry, thought Quotes would shrink the images.

antitrop

This game is better than Shinovi Versus in pretty much every way that I can see, so far. More of the same, but a smoother experience, overall.

I also appreciate that they made the mode selection just a regular menu, instead of a pointless little room to run around in. Lots of little quality of life improvements, a few new mechanics, and the natural benefits of being on a console over a handheld (better graphics, better performance, better controller). The difficulty also seems to be balanced better than SV.

Good stuff.

Top Bottom