• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

Takeru

Its always super dumb to me that they stretch the DLC out so far especially when its already created and out. Fucking just let people buy what they want to buy. You're actually LOSING sales with many people cause I guarantee some people who would buy DLC now won't in 4 weeks when they've been done with the game for over a week.

I agree. I mean, it's been around a year since the game released, so everything should have been ready.

XSEED should do it more like Bandai Namco and released most of their DLC when the game released. I think it happened with Pirate Warriors 3 when it came here.

They were added into the JPN version later via patch, & Xseed said they were only able to get to the patch that's on the PS4 disc/Vita cartridge since the Vita cartridge wouldn't be able to hold all of the extra data from said patches & they wanted both versions to be "even" with their on-disc version.
I get that, but like... Just program in the two characters instead of making them be DLC. They're mainstays of the series by now, not "bonus characters" that should be relegated to DLC. :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
CdnUfZlUYAApjyM.jpg:large
Double dip complete!

Nyoro SF

Top of my box got pretty squished :[ Not sure if it's worth contacting amazon for a replacement.

The same exact damage happened to my Gamestop copy (it was the only copy in the store, my preorder, so I couldn't swap it out).

I think I'll post some feedback for XSEED to improve their LEs; I never had a problem with boxes until now. Oneechanbara Z2, Shinovi Versus and now Estival Versus all have either dents or tears in the LEs from three different store branches. :/

NoKisum

Vita version just arrived. Will buy PS4 version digitally soon. Looks like I got all Hebijo Girls cards. Was hoping for either Crimson or Hanzo, but whatevs.

Can anyone reconfirm that the game has cross-save?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I get that, but like... Just program in the two characters instead of making them be DLC. They're mainstays of the series by now, not "bonus characters" that should be relegated to DLC. :p
My guess is they weren't ready in time for the game's release (hence the patch instead of PS Store). At the very least, they were free instead of paid DLC like with SV.

Pejo

So it looks like Best Buy is actually going to have my copy delivered today, not bad!

Does this game play more like Shinobi Versus or the recent 3DS one (I think SK2?). I loved the combat in SV, but couldnt' stand it in SK2. It's no fun when the enemy gals knock you out of combos all the time.

Is that the confirmed DLC schedule for the US? That is terribad, I have $150 in my PSN wallet waiting to be spend and now they stretch it over 4 weeks.

KimChi

Gah still waiting on UPS for my game. Kinda turned off by the dlc release schedule, would make sense if the game was going through a global release but its not.
Top of my box got pretty squished :[ Not sure if it's worth contacting amazon for a replacement.

That exact thing happened to my twilight princess hd, if you don't want to wait for a replacement they should at least give you a partial refund for keeping it, thats what I did.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I wonder when the themes will be made available to the US. I got the PS4 one via JPN account, but wouldn't mind downloading the Vita one.

Ultimadrago

I didn't get my physical copy yet. Do we each get different cards? Are we gonna be able to collect' em all? =o

Yeah, the school sets are random (as in 10 cards for a particular school/faction).

And whether you'll be able to get them all will depend on how many people you could talk/buy outta their decks at this point. Lol.

Ranmo

Happened to my Mario Maker copy. They sent me a replacement unit the next day ( a sunday!) and I didn't have to send the damaged unit immediately. They gave me until the next week to send it, otherwise I'd get double charged.

It's worth contacting support.

just picked up mine from gamestop:

CdnWAxhXIAA9om4.jpg

For the cards got the only school I didn't want....I would've been happy with Gessen, Hebijo, or the Crimson Squad

=/

Takeru

Yeah, the school sets are random (as in 10 cards for a particular school/faction).

And whether you'll be able to get them all will depend on how many people you could talk/buy outta their decks at this point. Lol.

That blows. My Japanese collector's edition came with cards but I think those are a different set.
____

Will post my entire Estival Versus collection once I get my american copy. =]

Jayne

The same exact damage happened to my Gamestop copy (it was the only copy in the store, my preorder, so I couldn't swap it out).

I think I'll post some feedback for XSEED to improve their LEs; I never had a problem with boxes until now. Oneechanbara Z2, Shinovi Versus and now Estival Versus all have either dents or tears in the LEs from three different store branches. :/
Gah still waiting on UPS for my game. Kinda turned off by the dlc release schedule, would make sense if the game was going through a global release but its not.

That exact thing happened to my twilight princess hd, if you don't want to wait for a replacement they should at least give you a partial refund for keeping it, thats what I did.
Happened to my Mario Maker copy. They sent me a replacement unit the next day ( a sunday!) and I didn't have to send the damaged unit immediately. They gave me until the next week to send it, otherwise I'd get double charged.

It's worth contacting support.

Thanks for the input, guys. I sent them an email, guess I'll see what happens when they reply.

Takeru

Considering that Yumi is my girl, I hope I get Gessen. I like Miyabi too so I can deal with Hejibo.

@Zonic. I was gonna say that say thing unti l checked Amazon and it was back to it's original price. :*( I got it already fortunately.

Eolz

Giving all DLC at once makes absolutely no sense from a business point of view.
People wanting everything can wait, but doing that allows indeed to make people play the game more regularly, but also to spend their money differently. It's more interesting to see what people buy or are waiting for.

I don't really see the point of being mad about that really.

Nice OT, can't wait to get home and try this out!
Also Haruka = best girl.

So many different best girls. Can't wait to figure out mine. My exposure to Senran thus far has been limited to the Swimsuit Asuka figure from Alter and the artbook that UDON localized a while back. So this is the first time I'll be playing one of the actual games.

This is the first Senran game I've ever played but Homura is already my favorite character

She's like a tanned busty Date Masamune. And yet seems so down to earth with goofy quirks.

Top Bottom