• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

I still need to wait until Wednesday for my copy on Amazon.

I think I'll be happy with whatever cards I'll get.

If I get Gessen, I'll be happy with Murakumo. If I get Hebijo, I'll be happy with Ryona and Murasaki. Asuka and Kat and Hibari for Hanzo. And Hikage for Crimson.

Dat Miyabi Card tho.

Yasumi

Banned
Do I need to play SK2 on 3DS before I play this?
IIRC the canon goes SKB->SK2->SKSV->SKEV, but you can get by with just knowledge of the characters and their relationships, if you want to get the most out of it. SK2 isn't necessary.
It's also not very good, apart from the neat boss fights.

I got Hanzo cards

qY1cZCO.jpg

You and me both my friend.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I really hope there's a lot of moments between these pairs:

Asuka x Homura

Ikaruga x Katsuragi

Ikaruga x Yomi

Haruka x Hibari

Miyabi x Imu

tumblr_m71a4h0ly11r95m39o1_500.gif

LET'S FUCKING GO!

kewlmyc

pariah164's Answer: Unlike Vylash, I know there is only one girl who deserves everyone's undying loyalty. It may be Vylash's world, but I did half the work, and I get a say, dammit.

djhh1dq.gif

Frenzy Hikage is best Hikage.

Popped in to say I can agree with this.

Enjoy your game.

pariah164

Popped in to say I can agree with this.

Enjoy your game.
I will.

I finally started it up and got through the first 4 missions. The graphics and Shinobi Transformations look GREAT on Vita; definitely a bump up from SV, The loading times are a bit eh, but seeing as Vita's all I've got, I'll take it. Really enjoying it so far.

I will.

I finally started it up and got through the first 4 missions. The graphics and Shinobi Transformations look GREAT on Vita; definitely a bump up from SV, The loading times are a bit eh, but seeing as Vita's all I've got, I'll take it. Really enjoying it so far.

Yeah. Saw someone stream it recently, and aside from the loadscreens, I was shocked at how well it ran.

I guess seeing a side by side comparison didn't really help.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nothing on pricing, they just responded to me via Twitter the US schedule will be the same as the EU one.

I would imagine it being similar to SV's DLC.

pariah164

It occurred to me people might like to see what the Crimson Squad cards have design-wise.

Apologies for potato; my lighting in this place is shit.

Aside from Hikage, one of my fave's is Mirai's 'casual' card. I want that hairstyle in game. Pirate Homura is fine too.

Eolz

IIRC the canon goes SKB->SK2->SKSV->SKEV, but you can get by with just knowledge of the characters and their relationships, if you want to get the most out of it. SK2 isn't necessary.
It's also not very good, apart from the neat boss fights.

I'll fight you.
But yeah, knowledge of characters and basic story should be enough. The official canon is SKB and SK2. SKV has some weird timelines, and SKEV is following that.
Bon Appetit is completely non canon.

edit: pretty good choices for Crimson squad cards!
Dat Homura pirate card.

FHIZ

Okay, I got a weird question... how do I close this freaking box up again? this four section fold out thing at the top is confusing the shit out of me

pariah164

I'll fight you.
But yeah, knowledge of characters and basic story should be enough. The official canon is SKB and SK2. SKV has some weird timelines, and SKEV is following that.
Bon Appetit is completely non canon.

edit: pretty good choices for Crimson squad cards!
Dat Homura pirate card.
Yeah, my first thought was trading some to get the Ryona/Ryobi cards, but after looking at all of them, nope. These babies are mine. They're REALLY nice.

Oh god I need that Pirate Homura.

Best Girl.

I got the Hanzo girls cards, they all seem boring so far save for Kats. But shes like weird.

Demoskinos

Okay, I got a weird question... how do I close this freaking box up again? this four section fold out thing at the top is confusing the shit out of me

If its like the one that came with Shinovi Versus just push down on the middle of it. The top of the flap should be flush with the inside of the front of the box.

FHIZ

If its like the one that came with Shinovi Versus just push down on the middle of it. The top of the flap should be flush with the inside of the front of the box.

I got that digitally :(

The book seems to be getting in the way of closing it, lol.

EDIT: Finally figured it out, that took way too long. Time to actually put the disc in the console.

TP

It occurred to me people might like to see what the Crimson Squad cards have design-wise.

Apologies for potato; my lighting in this place is shit.

Aside from Hikage, one of my fave's is Mirai's 'casual' card. I want that hairstyle in game. Pirate Homura is fine too.

oh gosh, that entire bottom row

now i'm even saltier about not getting that set

Type-Zero

Picked up my copy today. I wanted Crimson squad but got Gessen cards instead. Art book was really nice. Beware of the day 5gb update. Luckily I was patient and listened to the first disc while I waited. Overall it looks so fresh and good on ps4. I will say that there is definitely a difference in combat combo speed compared the the first shinovi vs. First one felt like it was on crack.

IzzyF3

you already have SK2 on your 3DS...go complete it.

Burst is a bad game, forget it.

Is it really? That's the only one I have, and each time I play it, I just couldn't enjoy it. Xseed keeps having these extravagant releases that makes me want to buy it, but I'm reminded by how much I didn't like Burst.

No reviews up for this current one... Is it good?

L.O.R.D

Is it really? That's the only one I have, and each time I play it, I just couldn't enjoy it. Xseed keeps having these extravagant releases that makes me want to buy it, but I'm reminded by how much I didn't like Burst.

No reviews up for this current one... Is it good?

because the framerate is very terrible and it make it unpalyable for most people
i had to use hacks on N3DS to make the game use the N3DS CPU. after that the game run between 25 and 30 FPS.

NoKisum

I just thought about something: Is there any way to watch the Estival Versus OVA? I know it was a pack-in for the JPN versions of the special editions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just thought about something: Is there any way to watch the Estival Versus OVA? I know it was a pack-in for the JPN versions of the special editions.
I don't think it ever got licensed for the US. So "legally", no, but I'm sure Google will bring up a few sites.

Takeru

Oh yeah, when playing the Special Missions:
Asuka broke the fourth wall and mentioned the OVA.

Even though I redeemed it via the Japanese store, for some reason it didn't let me watch it. Maybe it was region-locked. I watched it by other means though. =x

how the framerate on PS Vita?

Perfect. I can't tell if it's 60 fps or not but definitely runs very smooth, a lot smoother than Shinovi Versus for sure.

cripterion

First mission and got a D rating. Is it supposed to be this way cause I'm low level or is there some way to chain insane combos? Move sets seem a bit limited.

Also this game just turned my ps4 into a plane engine, holy shit it's loud, like early 360 levels of loud. I know I ain't turned it on for a while but I give my Xbox One the same treatment and it's quite silent.

Takeru

Some more:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yZkYDVW.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5kbyqpa.jpg[/IMG]

Time to unlock more stuff.

L.O.R.D

Oh yeah, when playing the Special Missions:
Asuka broke the fourth wall and mentioned the OVA.

Even though I redeemed it via the Japanese store, for some reason it didn't let me watch it. Maybe it was region-locked. I watched it by other means though. =x

Perfect. I can't tell if it's 60 fps or not but definitely runs very smooth, a lot smoother than Shinovi Versus for sure.

i saw the japanese version and it looks very slow comparing to SV.

maybe they fix it?

Okay, question about the Dressing Room - When I change a girl's clothes, does it change her appearance in other modes like Story as well?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, question about the Dressing Room - When I change a girl's clothes, does it change her appearance in other modes like Story as well?
Correct. I think there might be a FEW instances where it defaults to the original outfits due to the layout of the cutscene, but for the most part, the game will reflect any clothing changes you've made.

1upsuper

Man, I am so torn on which version to get. If I don't mind longer loading times and value portability, is the Vita version the way to go?

Thank god I'm not the only one! The only ships I care for are Haruka x Mirai, Katsuragi x Asuka or Katsuragi x everyone(Katsuragis Bon Appetite ending is the true canon ending!).

I like how Asuka seems to be seamlessly collecting girlfriends in each games without seeming to give it a second thought ;D

Ikaruga x Katsuragi, and Hikage x Katsuragi are cute. Polar opposite, all that.

Also, the time when Katsuragi, Haruka and Shiki ally the world will truly be in peril ;p

Top Bottom