• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Should I have been able to beat Asuka's full block of character story with doing no main line missions yet, level 22?

Yeah. The game's really not difficult. You can approach them however you want, and if you get overleveled you can just raise the difficulty to Hard. I think that technically the story missions are overall easier than the individual character arcs, though, so it may be intended that you complete the School story before you do the individual character arcs.

Jathaine

Should I have been able to beat Asuka's full block of character story with doing no main line missions yet, level 22?

Honestly, I find the missions doable no matter which route you try to go. You'll probably get a lot of D ranks unless you go frantic but I don't think it matters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So far, I've been doing each character exclusive missions first, then go to the main story once all 5 are done. Though as mentioned above, you'll probably get a bunch of Ds, maybe a C because of how underpowered you are.

B0PgmXzCYAEv31A.jpg:large

Finally in. Let's roll.

unrelated but is there a cover for the PS vita Slim like that?

bobawesome

unrelated but is there a cover for the PS vita Slim like that?

It looks like the Hori Face Cover for the Vita. Yes, there's a model for the 2000 on Amazon. I've owned the original for two years and...wouldn't really recommend it. I recently took my Vita out of it and the paint has been chipped pretty bad.

I just did the basic training with Hibari and butt stomped till my thumb cramped up.

There is no way top get this trophy without experiencing this pain.
Don't worry you'll soon forget .

It isn't hard , you just need to NOT get interrupted during 10 mins and concentration.
I did it with ikaruga.

It looks like the Hori Face Cover for the Vita. Yes, there's a model for the 2000 on Amazon. I've owned the original for two years and...wouldn't really recommend it. I recently took my Vita out of it and the paint has been chipped pretty bad.

My Vita is pretty much completely covered full body thanks to illumshield or whatever its called. I just want something to cover the face when I dont play it. Thanks for tell me its on amazon though. Appreciate it.

Jathaine

I think I had one B rest D, but with the way this game is modeled, I am doing it right... right?

That's what seems to be the case for most people.
If you get pretty decent at parrying you can tend to do better than D rank first time through. Its rough trying to kill fast enough and dodge enough without having a few levels under your belt unless you go frantic asap (but that kills the fun)

Hikami

Alright, after playing the game for a few days there's just one thing bugging me about it.

I really hope Estival Versus allows you to toggle off the ninpo/clothes ripping cut-scenes. They're not bad, they're pretty cool to watch the first few times but after that they just disrupt the battle flow too much.
Or at least toggle which cut-scenes you'd want to keep on/off. L + O I'd keep on since you don't use it that often and it's pretty cool to see.

SerTapTap

I do not understand this "frantic mode" I keep hearing about, people say L and R at the start of the match but it does nothing for me no matter what I try. Is it unlocked very late? I'm in chapter 4 of gessen

I think a lot of the reason I prefer this to Burst is the strong focus on boss fights really. Normal enemies are still fairly unsatisfying, especially those assholes that block all the time. Completely ruins a level.

Playing this on the PSTV sure is nice.
Especially using my DS4, makes me excited for Estival Versus.

It's fantastic, as good/better than I could have hoped for really. This will definitely be my primary way of playing Vita games that support it and don't have big advantages for touch. I almost wish I could remote play the PS TV with my Vita so I could access both sets of games on it though (swapping cards sucks).

Estival will be great, hoping it has great IQ. That and the weirdness of the "outline" shader in some instances, and the lower-res texture of some clothing items are my only particular graphical complaints.

Yazuka

Was it confirmed that you could get all the trophies while playing on a PSTV, or do you need to play this on a Vita do be able to get everything?
I don't care in particular, but a friend of mine who is a trophy hog was asking. Since I'm going to import a copy for me and him.

Ogawa-san

The "And You Were Never Heard From Again" trophy requires you to tilt/shake (among other
dirty
things), no idea how you'd do it on PSTV.

Maybe the compatibility patch removes some of those steps?

Shouldn't be any lag on PSTV at all, unless your TV generates lag. It uses an HDMI connector pretty much specifically so it can function on modern TVs without any such issues.

-Tom

Thanks for the heads up, game will be bought today :D

Also, hope you guys can get Celceta working soon on PSTV!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, after playing the game for a few days there's just one thing bugging me about it.

I really hope Estival Versus allows you to toggle off the ninpo/clothes ripping cut-scenes. They're not bad, they're pretty cool to watch the first few times but after that they just disrupt the battle flow too much.
Or at least toggle which cut-scenes you'd want to keep on/off. L + O I'd keep on since you don't use it that often and it's pretty cool to see.
I kind of have to agree. At the very least, they're skippable, but I kind of wouldn't mind perhaps a cut-in appearing to the side so you can still see the damage, but have the battle continue going on. Only have the cutscene play at the end of the battle if you use a special move, as sort of a "special" cinematic.

Also, do the DLC characters have any missions or stories of their own (I don't recall they have trophies) or do you just use them for free mode?

Wynnebeck

Banned

I like seeing them because it's a constant reminder that I'm doing significant damage to the enemy and keeps me up to date with the current battle status. I could see how some people would fe annoyed with them however.

Ohnonono

Tom can you at least confirm that character DLC is gonna be the first on the docket for you guys? I love outfit stuff but you know what we all want!

SerTapTap

On topic of "things estival needs", definitely needs to auto-save. OR at least stop asking me after every mission when there's like 100 of them.

You can just hit triangle again instead of using the touch.

Oh, that is MUCH better, thank you

edit: Oh, if only my PS3 fightstick with it's turbo button worked on Vita TV. The lottery is basically just pressing X a million times, paying more than the minimum isn't worth it unless you have untold billions of zeni

pariah164

Once I finish the Crimson Squad story, I'm gonna go tackle the Shinobi Girls' Heart stories. Should I do one character at a time, moving through schools (Asuka at Hanzo, then Yumi at Gessen, etc.), or go through all the stories at one school at once?

Also, top 10:

1. Hikage (still best girl)
2) Murakumo
3) Yozakura
4) Yomi
5) Murasaki
6) Mirai (this surprises me)
7) Ikaruga/Katsuragi
8) Minori
9) Asuka
10) Imu

The side stories may shake this up a bit.

Hugstable

Banned
Once I finish the Crimson Squad story, I'm gonna go tackle the Shinobi Girls' Heart stories. Should I do one character at a time, moving through schools (Asuka at Hanzo, then Yumi at Gessen, etc.), or go through all the stories at one school at once?

Also, top 10:

1. Hikage (still best girl)
2) Murakumo
3) Yozakura
4) Yomi
5) Murasaki
6) Mirai (this surprises me)
7) Ikaruga/Katsuragi
8) Minori
9) Asuka
10) Yomi

The side stories may shake this up a bit.

lol you have Yomi listed twice :p.

Anyway I think my top 10 right is

1) Yomi
2) Hikage
3) Katsuragi
4) Hibari
5) Murakumo
6) Homura
7) Mirai
8) Yozakura
9) Ikargua
10) Asuka

Still haven't seen the new Hebijo so I couldn't really rank them yet

Jawmuncher

Started the game on Hebijo and decided that I am going to knock out all the Girls Heart missions for every school first.

However I noticed I don't have access to Homura Guren.
Do I need to actually beat the game with all 3 other schools or just one to access them?
Just curious since they were selectable in the beginning.

pariah164

Started the game on Hebijo and decided that I am going to knock out all the Girls Heart missions for every school first.

Do I need to actually beat the game with all 3 other schools or just one to access them?
There is a secret way to unlock the Crimson Squad early; otherwise, yes, you have to play through the main story of all three schools to unlock it.

SerTapTap

Really love Yozakura's weapons. Can't really pick many favorites, there's very few characters I don't like (minori, possibly a couple others I don't know well enough to judge yet). Pretty good writing in general, everyone has a pretty distinct personality.

I'm like 99% sure they were not on the first "school select" menu and that you're thinking of Burst

Top Bottom