• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to say that there's a scan of Daidouji and Rin out there. They're going to be 600yen each, or 1000 for both in a bundle.

ill save you the trouble:

big deal
doomed
dont mean crap
perverts
only 160k so and so did 10gigabillion
etc etc

OT im playing through tutorial and am on the 2nd and its telling me todo R+sutting

its right pass the R to parry 3 times....anyone know wat this is?the prescreen showed the touch to tear screen if dat helps.

ill up a pic

QHNyNOq.jpg

命駆を行う
Inochigake wo okonau
Perform inochigake*

Hold R button, put your fingers in the center of the screen and slide them outwards to the left and right (page 30 in the manual). Increases your attack speed, attack strength and movement speed, but lowers your defense.

*Inochigake is an ateji or play on the word 命懸け, replacing the typical character 懸 (to risk one's life) with the character 駆 (to run (for one's?) life)

StayDead

Yeesh, I can see why they decided to keep Kiriya-sensei offscreen as much as possible. His model isn't too good looking.

Also, awesome! In story mode, the AI keeps the costumes you set for those characters.

Well he looks a damn sight better than he does in the anime. In the anime they aged him by about 40 years for no reason :p

crinale

http://www.maql.co.jp/message/kagura.php

Patch 1.01 is incoming.

Camera related:
- R button will reset the camera (won't work when lock-on is enabled)
- D-pad can be used to tweak camera

Imu's glasses:
- You can launch mission with Imu's glasses taken off by holding select button (Same as Murakumo's mask)

Offline mode:
- Select mission with triangle button and dialog part will be skipped.

Online ranking:
- Number of participants will be displayed.

Matching:
- The room already started the battle won't be displayed anymore.

Yin mode balancing:
- When you go to "Inochi-gake" (Yin) mode, all other players will be notified.
- Yin mode will do double damage instead of triple.
- Yin mode will reduce armor to 1/5 instead of 1/3.
- Yin mode will grant you 1.2 times more points, instead of 1.5.

Character balancing:
- Ikaruga, Hikage, Murakumo and Imu's consecutive dashes will be nerfed (can be done more slowly).
- The invincible moment during dashes will be removed.

Haruka's movement:
- Test tubes thrown from air will track enemies.
- Smashing attacks in Ninja form will be tweaked.
- Test tubes in Yin form will track enemies.
- Level-2 Ninpo will be tweaked.

Misc:
- Trophies say PSV/PS3 but PS3 will be removed.
- Some display glitches at ranking display will be fixed.

I continue to be surprised by how seriously they're taking the online mode. Playing the main game, it really does feel like everything was designed around long term multiplayer. Not a bad thing at all, given how crazy the customization options can be.

StayDead

Oops nevermind about my previous question, my copy arrived just now. Now just to get my Dad to bring his vita over :p

I didn't get the pre-order dramacd/artbook with it though T_T.

I continue to be surprised by how seriously they're taking the online mode. Playing the main game, it really does feel like everything was designed around long term multiplayer. Not a bad thing at all, given how crazy the customization options can be.

I can defintely see the possibility of a dedicated multiplayer community forming around it.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I was standing in the store with the game in my hand, but it's 6050 yen. Is it worth it? I do like musou games. How much is the digital version?

StayDead

Hm, looking at where the code is there doesn't seem to be an experation date. Hopefully I can leave it for now until I get a vita. :p

Articalys

Via the Media Create thread:

Physical sales made up 94,324 of the total, so that'd be around 25,000+ download sales. Is there any comparison for the download numbers with other full retail games?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I haven't had too much time to spend with this game, but it keeps getting better as I play- It reminds me a lot of Samurai Warriors 3 with the dash system, only it doesn't limit you and you can do air combos/dash through attacks. I was concerned that you only fight against the same smaller grunts, but then I just played on a stage with larger characters that roll towards you and took longer to kill. I don't like that the stages only throw small amount of enemy squads at you, but at least new squads spawn immediately after one squad is taken out.

Was pretty surprised to see fights now ending with the other character's clothing getting knocked clean off -the naughty bits are covered by little angry faces- now I am 100% certain this game is never going to be localized unless it's heavily-censored, LOL.

Am I the only one who also gets kind of a Gundam Vs. Gundam (or really, Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes) vibe from the game too?

It's so smooth and fliud !

It's ...

So freaking fun !!

The amount of voice work is simply incredible... everything you do..most of the menu actions ,the voice during the fights , the voices before and after the fights.

Every member of the team talks , it's incredible..
The amount of work they did to explain the world to the newcomers is really impressive ..lenghty optionnal lecture are in the game for the setting for you to read ( they are voiced too ) and the specifics words are highlited and you can touch the word to have a more specific explanation about it.

Now in term of customisation, the game is just packed with content it's overwhelming ( for now ).

This is good stuff.
2013-03-06-180934.jpg

Our favorite molester ready for action but an unexpected opponent might be near :)
Those screens don't do the game justice everything in game is smooth and it works perfectly. Dialog is fun ....story is silly but intriguing so far ..loving it , overall.

2013-03-06-181320.jpg

It's horrible how this screen doesn't do the game justice.

Now the praise ends: The loading times could use some work...it's not bad but they could have been shorter..now if this is the price to pay for a full customisation for your character in battle & cutscenes .. it's a small price to pay that i won't mind much .

Ken

My only issues with the game so far are framerate drops and loading times.

Touch screen lock on is also kind of bleh.

So, fellow SK enthusiasts, how does it feel to be a part of the Vita revival movement?

They're definitely putting all their future installments on the Vita now lol. It's selling like gangbusters.

So, fellow SK enthusiasts, how does it feel to be a part of the Vita revival movement?

They're definitely putting all their future installments on the Vita now lol. It's selling like gangbusters.

NOt feeling anything ATM ... much much busy unlocking all those accesories for my character
(not to mention what hairstyle to choose )..

Decisions ..decisions...

I'm interested in Senran Kagura Burst because I like the side view style, but I also have a Vita starved for games. Any consensus on which is better, or strong opinions to skip burst over this?

crinale

I haven't had too much time to spend with this game, but it keeps getting better as I play- It reminds me a lot of Samurai Warriors 3 with the dash system, only it doesn't limit you and you can do air combos/dash through attacks. I was concerned that you only fight against the same smaller grunts, but then I just played on a stage with larger characters that roll towards you and took longer to kill. I don't like that the stages only throw small amount of enemy squads at you, but at least new squads spawn immediately after one squad is taken out.

Was pretty surprised to see fights now ending with the other character's clothing getting knocked clean off -the naughty bits are covered by little angry faces- now I am 100% certain this game is never going to be localized unless it's heavily-censored, LOL.

Am I the only one who also gets kind of a Gundam Vs. Gundam (or really, Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes) vibe from the game too?

I agree that this game is the mix of Gundam Vs and Sengoku Basara, with life and hometown of course.
From Koei's warriors series, I think the closet game (game system wise) to Senran Kagura is Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (considering boost system and aerial combo).

Play-asia still hasn't shipped my (admittedly late) pre-order despite the initial "on or before March 04" estimate. Leave for vacation on Monday. At this rate I may as well have opted for the cheap shipping.

Glad to hear the game is not only good but seemingly full of content. I wasn't sure what to think with the gameplay shift but it seems like it was a good move. Have to say I am less than excited to read there are touch elements beyond the gimmicky things.

crinale

The amount of voice work is simply incredible... everything you do..most of the menu actions ,the voice during the fights , the voices before and after the fights.

Finishing individual missions (5 for each character) unlocks voice data to be purchased in in-game shop. There are over 300 voices per character and I really don't have time to go over all of them...

Finishing individual missions (5 for each character) unlocks voice data to be purchased in in-game shop. There are over 300 voices per character and I really don't have time to go over all of them...

Now that's just pure fanservice right there. If a douchebag company like EA ever made this game, it'd be 0.99 USD per voice data per character.

Ken

I'm interested in Senran Kagura Burst because I like the side view style, but I also have a Vita starved for games. Any consensus on which is better, or strong opinions to skip burst over this?

If you have a Vita just grab this. I think it's much better than the 3DS titles in most aspects.

Yep incredible i don't have another word more "fitting"..
especially some of those "voices" lol

StayDead

I wouldn't say they'll do all their future installments.

All the future musou style SK games sure, but Takagi has said beforehand that he loves working with the 3DS, so I wouldn't think he'd give up developing for it.

Sigh... all the positive talk here convinced me on getting this even though I never imported a Japanese-only game before to actually play it most of the time and now Play-Asia is out of stock, is there any chance they restock soon? :(

I get similar feelings like back then in 2005 when I looked all over the place to get a copy of Legend of Mana.

Sigh... all the positive talk here convinced me on getting this even though I never imported a Japanese-only game before to actually play it most of the time and now Play-Asia is out of stock, is there any chance they restock soon? :(

I get similar feelings like back then in 2005 when I looked all over the place to get a copy of Legend of Mana.

You can opt fior a digital version off of PSN if you don't mind the 5 minute's it requires to switch over your Vita to a Japanese or Hong Kong PSN account when you want to play it. I've grabbed Senran Kagura,Monster Monpiece and Tales of Heart R that way.

nippon-yasan have stock available, and orders are marked as gifts. : ]

Having so much fun with this game.. even if I do feel like a total pervert.

yz5S0rI.jpg

I salute those that would play a game like this in public!

yz5S0rI.jpg

Rofl her grabbing pose is ridiculously fun to watch ( not to mention the perverted voice )
I don't think i can play this game in public .. if i do it'll be with headphones ... i mean the voices ... the voices ...

Rofl her grabbing pose is ridiculously fun to watch ( not to mention the perverted voice )
I don't think i can play this game in public .. if i do it'll be with headphones ... i mean the voices ... the voices ...
Wont you unconsciously make funny faces when you play this kind of game?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I'm waiting for prices to calm down at Amazon JPN before I jump in.
The 3DS games got a lot of praise too but were duds when I finally played them so I really don't listen to the hype any more.

You can opt fior a digital version off of PSN if you don't mind the 5 minute's it requires to switch over your Vita to a Japanese or Hong Kong PSN account when you want to play it. I've grabbed Senran Kagura,Monster Monpiece and Tales of Heart R that way.

Hmm that does sound like a nice alternative especially since I have a Japanese account anyways for PSO2 Vita, if I can find a store that sends PSN codes by email I might go that way thanks for reminding me of that option! :)

["Oh my..." worthy image]

Thanks to you too I will consider them if I decide to go physical! And it's only a video-game so yeah :p

I'm waiting for prices to calm down at Amazon JPN before I jump in.
The 3DS games got a lot of praise too but were duds when I finally played them so I really don't listen to the hype any more.

Hmm thanks for the warning, I generally like Musou-style games but I guess watching some more gameplay videos wouldn't hurt.

Torraz

My copy arrived.

Can I play now on my US account and keep the saves for when I possibly switch to JP for multiplayer?

What kind of multiplayer is it anyways? I have seen it compared to powerstone, but what is that? Competitive or cooperative?

I don't care about trophies.

I need to play this mooooore today.

My copy arrived.

Can I play now on my US account and keep the saves for when I possibly switch to JP for multiplayer?
You can play it on your US account, but I don't believe there is any way to bring your save over to your JP account. You'll probably have to play through it again... I'd love to be wrong.

Well after seeing some more gameplay videos I think I'm sold... if I buy this I will get a digital PSN code as a email right? http://www.play-asia.com/PlayStatio...e_network_on/paOS-13-71-io-49-en-70-3xk5.html

I just want to make sure as it's the first time I'm doing things like this so thanks for any help :)

Oh and how much is Senran Kagura on PSN anyways?
Yes! I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you buy that, you will get an email with the code, yes. It could be a little cheaper here, though. And keep in mind that if you buy it on PSN, you can only use it on that account!

Senran Kagura is, I believe, 5980 yen on PSN.

I need to play this mooooore today.

You can play it on your US account, but I don't believe there is any way to bring your save over to your JP account. You'll probably have to play through it again... I'd love to be wrong.

Yes! I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you buy that, you will get an email with the code, yes. It could be a little cheaper here, though. And keep in mind that if you buy it on PSN, you can only use it on that account!

Senran Kagura is, I believe, 5980 yen on PSN.

Thanks for the help! :D But whoa 6000 yen in codes would be 60€ which is a bit more than I would like to spend on a Vita game right now so I guess I have to wait or go physical... :(

Top Bottom