• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

NSFW NSFW NSFW Warning
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4410906.html

So apparently this game has some kind of custom character editor?!

Idon'tKnowWhatIexpected.gif, again.

Vid promoting the game I think.....or they just shooting the shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWAIuaGuvMk&list=UUZAZ9x_90E4LhsKeAAmHz9A&index=5

lmfao over here! wut

5 minutes in I was like, "wait how did I get to this video again?"...then I eventually saw the poster in the background. :lol

crinale

NSFW NSFW NSFW Warning
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4410906.html

So apparently this game has some kind of custom character editor?!

Nmc5y4x.jpg

T2pRWj9.jpg

The point is you can offset the accessories in any way, so you can get things "floating" around you, like images above...

I played a couple of 4 player online battles, and it reminds me of a more frantic/messy Power Stone in a way. It's definitely fun, but the often terrible camera is definitely a pain. Doesn't help that the only way to lock on to opponents (unless I missed another way) is to tap the enemy on the screen with your finger.

Those are my two biggest complaints at this point. Still having a good time though.

Ikaruga is mine.

She is awesome.

I played a couple of 4 player online battles, and it reminds me of a more frantic/messy Power Stone in a way. It's definitely fun, but the often terrible camera is definitely a pain. Doesn't help that the only way to lock on to opponents (unless I missed another way) is to tap the enemy on the screen with your finger.

Those are my two biggest complaints at this point. Still having a good time though.

The camera is a pain at times but the game is still a load of fun and even if you do get blindsided thanks to the camera, the crowd break allows you the time to reorient.

Nisa65

Was the standard edition a small print run? Hearing news of it selling out fairly quickly in stores and online... I buckled and bought a copy from a Japanese ebayer, I don't really trust Play Asia's speculative re-stocking dates lately.

The standard edition really isn't all that rare. I managed to walk into my nearby video game store and pick up a copy without any hassle. The LE on the other hand is probably much harder to come by. I didn't see any copies of that for sale in the 3 stores I visited in the last two days.

Just an FYI for all the importers who like me can't read Japanese, The GFaqs Wiki has been updated with a pretty good guide about the menu's and combat systems with pictures.

Staplefrog

Neo Member
Just an FYI for all the importers who like me can't read Japanese, The GFaqs Wiki has been updated with a pretty good guide about the menu's and combat systems with pictures.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was prepared to play this game by trial and error and now I won't have to.
Play-Asia says it shipped a few days ago, so hopefully I'll have a use for that guide soon.

crinale

It looks like there are quite a few missions to grind (just as Koei's warrior's series).

There are 24 school (main story) missions for each high school (24 * 4 = 96 missions).
(Couple of final missions after you beat all story missions).
Each character has 5 independent missions that makes 5 * 20 = 100 missions.

It looks like there are quite a few missions to grind (just as Koei's warrior's series).

There are 24 school (main story) missions for each high school (96 total).

The game is chock full of content. I'm still trying to go through all the Hanzo school content before moving on. So far I've done about 15 of the Academies story missions and I have finished all of Asuka and Ikaruga's personal story missions.

Kyon

Banned

There are 24 school (main story) missions for each high school (24 * 4 = 96 missions).

I confirmed this when the trophy list leaked :p

milkham

I haven't gone to the trouble of setting up a japanese psn account on my extra 4gig memory card, how much is this game on the japanese PSN store?

I haven't gone to the trouble of setting up a japanese psn account on my extra 4gig memory card, how much is this game on the japanese PSN store?
I think its 6000 yen or something. If you don't have a Japanese account, I'd actually recommend the Hong Kong store. It has all the Japanese PSN titles but thestorefront is in english. Its also cheaper since you can get the 400HKD you need for the game for about $59 USD on Play Asia.

What the hell kind of force causes clothes to just disintegrate?

Oh, right. Japan.

Those clothes are not regular clothes .. they were made with Ninja energy .
Yes i'm serious .. there is a very "serious" explanation on the why for the clothes system in the sengan kagura universe.

crinale

Who's everyone planning on playing as? I'm sure you can tell who I'm going to play as the most. :p

On story missions, the character is locked for the 1st try. Once you beat it you can re-play the mission with anybody. So basically you'll have to get used to moveset of all characters to finish the game (which isn't that difficult).

FYI Hikage is very easy to use (and also strong) character :D

web01

This coming Mediacreate thread is gonna be quite explosive lol. Vita might actually have some insane numbers.

Well it sold out everywhere right so the problem is them not having enough units of shelves at the moment. And hopefully the momentum continues with Soul Sacrifice coming up.

StayDead

I'm glad it did. I just hope it doesn't mean Takagi will stop sharing 3D boobs with the world <3

It'd be good to have the musou style games on Vita and maybe Wii U and also the more story driven OG/Burst esque games on 3DS <3

Tiu Neo

Arrived at customs. Now, if I'm lucky, I'll get it in a month, yay :B

I think I'll forget about this game, at least until mine arrives. Ugh.

I'm glad it did. I just hope it doesn't mean Takagi will stop sharing 3D boobs with the world <3

It'd be good to have the musou style games on Vita and maybe Wii U and also the more story driven OG/Burst esque games on 3DS <3

As a fan in the West, I'm very glad that the Vita game is selling so well to ensure that more games in the series come to the system. As obtuse as Sony has made switching accounts on the Vita to access my Asian PSN, its still hell of alot easier and cheaper then having to import a Japanese 3DS and the games themselves because of Nintendo and its region locking.

MarvelousAQL just announced that Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus sold over 120,000 copies (physical copies shipped + download versions sold), thus achieving the highest sales in the series.
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201303040039/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/04029694.html

Congrats Takaki! :D

Hopefully this means they'll consider localizing it >_> Sorry for my absence btw guys, ever since I've gotten this new PC I've been whoring out on my Minecraft server. If only the Vita had a Minecraft client... ;)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
P-A shipped my copy too! Says delivery is tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be Wed. or Thurs.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Those clothes are not regular clothes .. they were made with Ninja energy .
Yes i'm serious .. there is a very "serious" explanation on the why for the clothes system in the sengan kagura universe.

The "serious" explanation is that Senran Kagura is made for perverts, by perverts. ;P

Torraz

Got the update that my copy has finally arrrived at customs... If it takes the usual amount of time I should have it on Wednesday (if I can catch the post dude after work).

Top Bottom