• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus |OT| Wrap your Hometown in Happy Boobs

kuroshiki

MarvelousAQL just announced that Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus sold over 120,000 copies (physical copies shipped + download versions sold), thus achieving the highest sales in the series.
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201303040039/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/04029694.html

Congrats Takaki! :D

Wow.

So after demon gaze sold 80k+, monster monpiece sold 50k+ and SV sold 120k+?

I wonder what Aquaplus is thinking right now. probably along the line 'damn it we should have released dungeon travelers 2 on Vita! WTF were we thinking?!'

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This alone makes me want the game. I love how she does a little nod before hand, as if this is perfectly normal. Hysterical. Hopefully it gets localized with the success in Japan.

I just cannot see this game coming out here. Certainly not as a retail release, lol.

New thread for sales?

ill save you the trouble:

big deal
doomed
dont mean crap
perverts
only 160k so and so did 10gigabillion
etc etc

OT im playing through tutorial and am on the 2nd and its telling me todo R+sutting

its right pass the R to parry 3 times....anyone know wat this is?the prescreen showed the touch to tear screen if dat helps.

ill up a pic

QHNyNOq.jpg

Kyon

Banned

big deal
doomed
dont mean crap
perverts
etc etc

OT im playing through tutorial and am on the 2nd and its telling me todo R+sutting

its right pass the R to parry 3 times....anyone know wat this is?the prescreen showed the touch to tear screen if dat helps.

ill up a pic

RIP.... But still that's a good number tbh

Lyte Edge

big deal
doomed
dont mean crap
perverts
etc etc

ill up a pic

QHNyNOq.jpg

Might be off here since my kanji skills suck, but it looks like it's either saying "let's go to the Inochi district" or talking about going to your fate/destiny. Seems like it's just the name of the stage you're playing...nothing crucial.

Lyte Edge

Yeah never mind, my shitty iPhone dictionary is not giving me the correct second kanji when I look them up.

Assuming it's talking about going to your fate though. Seems fitting.

Ah, was it some sort of super move? I guess it's "Inochi Drive?"

Somebody please correct me, lol.

yeah something like that.

How the tuts work its do X move # of times.Which makes it easy cause the # english, so when the counter goes down your doing it right. Usually they show what buttons are needed as well.

with this as you can see....no counter or buttons....theres some sorta instructions if you hit start, but didnt know that till after i posted pic. It was R+(a bunch of Japanese I cant read). Luckily some online friends helped me out after trying damn near every combo of R i could think of except for dual touchscreen in opposite directions lol

B.O.O.M

Wow.

So after demon gaze sold 80k+, monster monpiece sold 50k+ and SV sold 120k+?

I wonder what Aquaplus is thinking right now. probably along the line 'damn it we should have released dungeon travelers 2 on Vita! WTF were we thinking?!'

Demon Gaze did 80k+? Knew it passed 50k but didn't know it was already over 80k in sales.

Torraz

Is the Multiplayer worth it? And by that I mean gong through the hassle of backing up the vita and system restoring it to a JP account?

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'll just wait until I go to my next anime convention and see if someone is selling it since I don't feel like waiting for the mail. Also, the show is great. So much hometown. @_@

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
My preview piece of the game went up yesterday. Figured I'd toss it here too.

http://www.japanator.com/first-impressions-senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-28117.phtml

I'm surprisingly enjoying my time with this. Multiplayer reminds me a lot of Power Stone, which is never a bad thing.
Power Stone ... д・´)

I was going to pass on this but I suppose I'll put it on my to buy list. Does the game have any sign of a meaningful story? IIRC the scenario writer also worked on time travelers.

mao2

bzaZd6v.jpg

Don't forget to input the product code printed on the reverse side of the cover if you guys want to play online. BTW this isn't my picture.

crinale

In case some of you are misunderstanding how lock-on system works, I've summarized how it really works.

1) Tapping any place on the screen will trigger lock-on (i.e. you don't have to actually touch the enemy, but you can't select enemy you want to lock).
2) Upon tapping screen, the game will try to lock on to nearest boss within sight.
3) If there's no boss within sight, then nearest mob within your sight will be locked on.
4) If there's nothing to lock on within sight then nothing happens.
5) Tapping screen once more, or going too far away from locked-on target will deactivate lock-on.
6) Currently, there's no way to change locked on target while lock-on is activated.

Hope this helps...

In case some of you are misunderstanding how lock-on system works, I've summarized how it really works.

1) Tapping any place on the screen will trigger lock-on (i.e. you don't have to actually touch the enemy, but you can't select enemy you want to lock).
2) Upon tapping screen, the game will try to lock on to nearest boss within sight.
3) If there's no boss within sight, then nearest mob within your sight will be locked on.
4) If there's nothing to lock on within sight then nothing happens.
5) Tapping screen once more, or going too far away from locked-on target will deactivate lock-on.
6) Currently, there's no way to change locked on target while lock-on is activated.

Hope this helps...

Argh. Thanks for the clarification.

I really hope they just patch button presses into the game or something.

Lyte Edge

Wow, my copy already arrived...that's the fastest shipping time I've ever had from Play-Asia!

Had it sent to work and brought my Vita with me today...all over this during breaks/downtime unless the game ends up being too NSFW, lol.

crinale

Just finished all school missions.
The final mission is was so hard.

Now I can start grinding individual missions :)

Lyte Edge

OK, wow. Even the game icon and initial loading screen are NSFW, lol.

The game seems pretty good- appears to be native res, colorful, and super-clean looking. Good framerate with a bit of slowdown here and there. Plays pretty much like a musou game as expected, although in smaller areas. The first stage I tried was a fight inside a typical Japanese high school gym, stage area and all. It appears to be set up so that you are fighting against another girl, but there are other, easily-disposable enemies that appear in waves to assist her. Where things get laughably perverse is when powering up your character (they do the typical anime "magical" transformation with the camera focusing on the chest and rear end) or when enough damage is taken-- their clothes slowly get ripped up and fall off. I haven't tried the other modes and since I am playing this at work, I'm afraid to!

The game is pretty easy to play, but there's no English that I've seen anywhere. Will definitely be surprised if this gets localized.

chrono01

To be honest, to see something like Project x Zone get localized, I can easily see anything as possible.

But then, this game does have a lot of "ecchi" moments, so that will likely work against it.

af2NaVc.gif

Lyte Edge

To be honest, to see something like Project x Zone get localized, I can easily see anything as possible.

But then, this game does have a lot of "ecchi" moments, so that will likely work against it.

Previous games similar to Project X Zone have been localized before. The brief titty bounces in those games have nothing on what this game displays- Senran Kagura shows under-age schoolgirls getting their clothes ripped off. I just don't see an English release happening. :p

This has got to be the most-perverted game (that's not actually an adults-only title) that I've ever seen. It's fun and I have no problem with it -the game is so absurd in ecchiness that it's laughable- but no way this gets released outside of Asia.

chrono01

Previous games similar to Project X Zone have been localized before. The brief titty bounces in those games have nothing on what this game displays- Senran Kagura shows under-age schoolgirls getting their clothes ripped off. I just don't see an English release happening. :p

This has got to be the most-perverted game (that's not actually an adults-only title) that I've ever seen. It's fun and I have no problem with it -the game is so absurd in ecchiness that it's laughable- but no way this gets released outside of Asia.

True. I was more referring to the licensing issues with so many characters from various series, but it does help that a majority of the game in Project x Zone already have releases here in North America.

But yeah, the odds of Shonovi VS getting a localization? Damn near impossible. Violence is apparently acceptable, but showing ecchi/sexuality? Nope, cannot have that! It doesn't help that the characters are around 16-years old.

Either way, I'll have my import copy [once it arrives]. :)

Is that a pack of cards in the center?? Where did that come from?

The GREE app is a Card game
It's just a single foil card with a download code for GREE.

I do find it interesting that both Monster Monpiece and now this have included novelty cards (Though, the download code in MonMon actually gives you an in-game card).

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Loving it so far. I really need to get a second memory card for my JP account :x

Top Bottom