• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

What happened? I was looking downed to NHL

Removed Features section of its Wiki page

Both EASHL and GM Connected are not included in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game, however they are available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions. EA plans on reintroducing an improved EASHL game mode in future versions of the game. Online Team Play will not be available for PS4 and Xbox One at launch, however the mode is planned to be added in a future content update for the game.[6][7] You will also not be able to control who you draft in Be a GM Mode, which is a huge part of building a successful team. Another feature removed from the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game was the more involved Be A Pro game mode titled Live the Life, which was originally introduced in NHL 14. Live the Life will be included in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of NHL 15. The less involved game mode, Be A Pro, will be included in NHL 15 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, though there will be no minor league teams involved, a random draft position for players, a lack of customization for players, and players will no longer have the ability to simulate between shifts during games. In light of the removed features for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, EA Sports NHL producer Sean Ramjagsingh confirmed via Twitter that a content update will later fix and improve the drafting feature.[8]
Operation Sports created a complete list of missing modes/features that were available in last year's installment of the series but are either not included in the game at all for PS4/Xbox One, or were not spotted during the early access period. [9]

Hasney

Destiny can only release once. WWE does it all year, baby.

DLC, baby.

The store sold-in number is pretty meaningless though. The big stores, at least in the UK, can return large stock over-fills for a refund or just by saying "Take these back and give us a discount on our next order or we won't stock your products.". Not doubting that it sold a shit-ton, but that money is 100% locked in yet.

jmdajr

I still have yet to get this Destiny game. Hoping for dat bday surprise.
It will be the 2nd PS4 disc I actually own!
Thank you PS+ for helping me be a cheap ass.

Has there been an update on Jerry Springsr yet?

All I see when I look at Yeezy's avi

farewell_bat_boy.jpg

So did Notch sell out or did he buy in with Microsoft?

He sold out.

And I wouldn't mind if not for his utterly stupid reaction to when Facebook bought Oculus. But yeah... since he did that, relatively recently... we all now know that he's a greedy dick who sells out his values if the price tag is big enough.

And most of us would, but most of us don't do childish stupid stuff based on the same values we sell out when the same thing we were bitching about happens to us a few months later.

edit: Unless he actually does now bankroll Psychonauts 2, in which case he would be a scholar and a gentleman immune from any and all criticism.

jred2k

He sold out.

And I wouldn't mind if not for his utterly stupid reaction to when Facebook bought Oculus. But yeah... since he did that, relatively recently... we all now know that he's a greedy dick who sells out his values if the price tag is big enough.

And most of us would, but most of us don't do childish stupid stuff based on the same values we sell out when the same thing we were bitching about happens to us a few months later.

edit: Unless he actually does now bankroll Psychonauts 2, in which case he would be a scholar and a gentleman immune from any and all praise.

zhlJZ8Z.gif

Sephzilla

He sold out.

edit: Unless he actually does now bankroll Psychonauts 2, in which case he would be a scholar and a gentleman immune from any and all praise.

Yeah, it's hard to turn down $2 billion but it still doesn't sit right with me because it sure feels like he sold out hard. I assume he's a smart enough guy to know historically what happens to pretty much any studio bought out by Microsoft (Bungie being the exception), so he knows this means that Mojang and likely Minecraft are going to begin a slow death.

Granted, if he thinks this is going to allow him to escape the shadow of Minecraft then perhaps I've grossly over estimated how smart he is. That's something that's going to follow him forever.

RP912

Banned
Notch already living like scrooge mcduck over minecraft. I just don't understand the concept of selling out if you are already living wealthy.

Maybe it's the rabbit ear pockets talking/..

Sephzilla

Notch already living like scrooge mcduck over minecraft. I just don't understand the concept of selling out if you are already living wealthy.

Maybe it's the rabbit ear pockets talking/..

This is kind of my mindset. What the fuck cant you do with a couple hundred million dollars that you can do with a billion dollars? The guy already had enough money to live comfortably for multiple lifetimes. Now he's probably sent his employees and fans down the river just so he can have more money than he'll ever logically be able to spend.

All this Minecraft stuff just has me wondering how is farmville and Angry Birds are doing.

Minecraft seems like a big thing now but we have seen so many "this is the biggest thing in the world" games completely drop off for me to think its best days are behind it.

Oh and RIP Sean O'Haire. I remember really liking his short run in WWE. He had a good luck and a bunch of potential.

RP912

Banned
All this Minecraft stuff just has me wondering how is farmville and Angry Birds are doing.

Minecraft seems like a big thing now but we have seen so many "this is the biggest thing in the world" games completely drop off for me to think its best days are behind it.

Oh and RIP Sean O'Haire. I remember really liking his short run in WWE. He had a good luck and a bunch of potential.

Angry Birds ran it's course and farmville is doing ok. Minecraft is forever. The game been out since 2011 and it's still selling like mcdonalds burgers. I doubt it'll ever end until there's something that'll dethrone it and so far that's not even the case.

oh wow I totally realized we've gotten jack shit for 2k15 and it comes out in a month

Watch that shit get delayed

Lololololo at at CHIKARA stans like words
aka Smart Mark employees
say they're loading up the card now with big names

Mofucka I love Swanny, but he doesn't cost much, Shynron doesn't either, and Tiger is just there

I still have yet to get this Destiny game. Hoping for dat bday surprise.
It will be the 2nd PS4 disc I actually own!
Thank you PS+ for helping me be a cheap ass.
lol, easy to be a cheapass with MS and sony renting out games every month.

Speaking of PS+, anyone want a 1 month trial?

Rollins vs Reigns has me legitimately excited about Night of Champions. The Shield booking has been great on both ends of the betrayal.

-Silas Young vs. Brian Kendrick --> Really good singles match in Kendrick's return.

Really good episode for the Young/Kendrick bout and the hot tag main event.
Brian Kendrick is back? Ohhhhhhh yes. Gonna watch that.
My favorite theme currently is CJ Parker. Love how he stands head down on the apron and throws up the peace sign during the hook.

Seriously, it's the dopest theme in NXT

zychi

Banned
Beadle and Bill Simmons talking wrestling on the BS Report was neat.

I love when people who are decently famous outside of WWE talk about WWE with actual knowledge.

Beadle ripping on Orton on the mic was great.

Striker

Watching over the Reigns/Orton match, I mean it's gone a good duration, but jesus I'm bored. And the way he does his signature moves are the worst. So easily predictable. So Orton is fighting him off from the inside, then Reigns hits a throat thrust of some sort, therefore Orton all of a sudden falls onto the bottom rope? I hate these convoluted setups.

WCW guy is the main thing Randy Orton ad a bad attitude for years and he has multiple world title reigns and other things.
WCW being one thing, but being one of the golden boys is another. That's what Randall is. You can do no wrong. If you do, you'll get another chance. If you mess up three more times, you'll still be given another chance and still be atop of the card.

RP912

Banned
I hate wwe's t shirt designs. The only time they got a shirt right was the BITW one and the nxt ones. It's like the designers are stuck in 1998 where a slogan on the back means instant profit :/.

Minecraft has stayed stable for years as a best seller while never going on sale and having no free version for mobile. I think a fairly big unexplored money maker would be selling Minecraft to schools and libraries as a learning tool. There have already been quite a few stories about schools and teachers using it and if they can sell mass licenses to school districts they could make serious bank. Its the one thing I can think that Microsoft could do that Mojang couldn't.

JavyOO7

Good for Notch. Take that money and run buddy! Relax for a bit, enjoy the money and then set out to make another video game. Whether its better/worse than Minecraft it don't matter, breh.

Make a new game and release it with little fanfare.

...that is if the news of MS buying Mojang is true.

RP912

Banned
One thing WWE Network reminded me - younger Undertaker's sit up was so much cooler and creepier looking.

Younger taker period is cooler and creepier looking. As a young mark I seriously thought he killed jobbers when he put them in the bodybag after he won the match :(.

strobogo

Banned
Younger Taker was also BORING AS SHIT for years. Wrestling in character is great. Everyone should do it. When you character only allows you to do chokes and a tombstone, it is boring as fuck. Then he turned faced and got stuck with a bunch of shitty monsters for years. Dude didn't get dick to work with until Foley came in.

One thing WWE Network reminded me - younger Undertaker's sit up was so much cooler and creepier looking.

yup

takerddt.gif

Younger Taker was also BORING AS SHIT for years. Wrestling in character is great. Everyone should do it. When you character only allows you to do chokes and a tombstone, it is boring as fuck. Then he turned faced and got stuck with a bunch of shitty monsters for years. Dude didn't get dick to work with until Foley came in.

yup

Cagey

Banned
Beadle and Bill Simmons talking wrestling on the BS Report was neat.

I love when people who are decently famous outside of WWE talk about WWE with actual knowledge.

Beadle ripping on Orton on the mic was great.

Beadle's laugh/voice were insufferable, but what she said was fun.

Also, fun to know that the lone "LETS GO CENA" kid was Bill Simmons's kid. How random.

GIF makes me miss Yoko more than Young Taker.

I thought Bret Hart having to fight Yokozuna was unfair as a kid because he was so big and fat that the Sharpshooter would be impossible. Made me so mad.

Wish we had a superheavyweight fat ass boss like Yoko right now.
anyone says Mark Henry and I'll cut them

Top Bottom