• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

enewtabie

Wwe network doing an unofficial tribute to Jericho lately. What happened on Raw? Did he announce a retirement or something?

Also, renee young looking damn good in betweern episodes. Tittymaster dean is one lucky man

Going on tour with Fozzy next week. Probably come back in a couple months. Dude is 3 years older than me. I thought he was in his early to mid 30s, not 43.

Alucard

Banned
Really? Anything that could coerce me back into watching?

Search for these matches:

Lashley vs Jeff Hardy
Lashley vs Austin Aries
Wolves vs Hardys
Samoa Joe vs Low Ki
Wolves vs Hardys vs Team 3D (match 1 and match 2)

TNA has been a lot of fun for 3-4 months now.

Alucard

Banned
He sold it well. It was a couple seconds and I thought the knee might be legit. I just started listening to his podcast. The part with Triple H's first interview with Gordon Solie is gold.

Both Triple H interviews are great. And I also thought he legit hurt his knee. Props for making me believe it like a mark. Really good stuff.

strobogo

Banned
Search for these matches:

Lashley vs Jeff Hardy
Lashley vs Austin Aries
Wolves vs Hardys
Samoa Joe vs Low Ki
Wolves vs Hardys vs Team 3D (match 1 and match 2)

TNA has been a lot of fun for 3-4 months now.

dont-believe-his-lies_clink_large.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Not even joking, stro. I've enjoyed it more than Raw on most weeks. ROH is still my weekly wrestling show of choice, though.

enewtabie

Whats the consensus on 2k14? I'm thinking about picking it up on 360 for my wrestling fix. Don't know about 2k15 yet with so many games. I just want to be able to create something like the current champions and tweak the storylines to where they are actually good.

Hasney

Whats the consensus on 2k14? I'm thinking about picking it up on 360 for my wrestling fix. Don't know about 2k15 yet with so many games. I just want to be able to create something like the current champions and tweak the storylines to where they are actually good.

If you can get it under $20, there's fun to be had, especially drunken local multiplayer. It's not a great game, but it's alright in small doses.

Gonzalez

Banned
That was the episode of Nitro i was watching! One of the ones before Halloween Havoc I think.
Good... The finish to that match is so ridiculously awesome even though Lex screws up the rack about 3 times. But boy, oh boy when he gets him up there the crowd pop he receives you'd think he just one the championship.

God, I love WCW's monster jobbers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Half-way through that gif I was going "I am so sick of suicide dives through/over the ropes, GAWD"

But then unexpected things happened and all was well again.

Watched SMASH Wrestling's Smashapalooza show from July, pretty good card in front of a lively crowd. 3-way match to open the show, Hacker Scotty O'Shea was impressive, but has a really bad look. There were a couple of fun tag matches, Tabarnak de Team are pretty great in the mean bastard tag team role, I'm surprised they don't get booked in the states more often. Super Smash Bros were as fun as ever, wish PWG would bring them back. Nice women's match between Cherry Bomb and Xandra Bale, Cherry's improved a lot in the past year or two and was great here. Second half has a good match between Steen and Tyson Dux, started off fairly light-hearted, but Tyson soon lost his rag with Steen's antics. This was a lot of fun, Tyson is a really solid wrestler and did a great job of controlling the match. Steen put over Dux post-match as one of the best talents going today. Semi-main event was New Japan young lion Takaaki Watanabe vs Christopher Daniels, another good match, mostly thanks to Daniels guiding things along. Watanabe's showing some good improvement, but I'm not sure where he'll fit in once he returns to New Japan. Seems like a solid wrestler, but has little in the way of personality. The main event was Chris 'Buddy Rose' Hero vs Josh Alexander and, while it started off fine with a great back-and-forth on the mat, the final ten minutes contained a million and one rolling elbows and I started to lose interest after the dozenth near-fall.

Greed.gif

Sabre.gif

Steen.gif

Hero.gif

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/a1t2bih8c0d1dfl6eowtdvx1yfks82gj

I don't know why ai venture to tumblr sometimes, they make me look restrained. Stumble upon a conversation on the intricacies and beauty of Bayley's stomach, which has crossed my mind and will not be spoken of. Then I clicked on a erotic fanfic about Seth Rollins "buying into" well...... Quickly deleted my browser history. On to Takeover 2.

somedevil

There's a 59 minute preview for Takeover 2 on the Network, anyone watch it? Worthwhile?

Its just showing matches from the past that lead to the current show taking place. The biggest news from it is that 36 minutes in Baron Corbin does a promo. So he is debuting soon.

The main event was Chris 'Buddy Rose' Hero vs Josh Alexander and, while it started off fine with a great back-and-forth on the mat, the final ten minutes contained a million and one rolling elbows and I started to lose interest after the dozenth near-fall.
I remember feeling like his match at PWG Eleven lasted an eternity, and not enjoying it.

I enjoy Adam Rose for the thick sexy chicks from development they stick in the Rosebud Exotic Express Intro thing for TV time.

They seem to sneak indy people in there so they can do tryouts/get them some scratch as well. I know I've seen CZW people/students there, and Shanna/Rosita/Kimber Lee(?)/etc

Also goddamnit Sunny you just got back, you gotta lay low mang

Ithil

The Rosebuds at NXT are just developmental talent that hasn't been on TV. Simon Gotch and Becky Lynch were in it a bunch of times before they became actual TV characters.
They get local wrestlers for it on the main roster, unless they're close to Orlando, in which case it's NXT people again.

Hasney

That blonde girl who's always at the front on Raw has been there for a while for sure. Always catches my eye when he comes out.

joelseph

That blonde girl who's always at the front on Raw has been there for a while for sure. Always catches my eye when he comes out.

I'm into the extra thick brunette that has been at the front of the recent NXT taping. She could finish me with Mojo Rawley's moveset any day.

Uh oh
By Mike Johnson on 2014-09-11 09:41:50 WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair will not be appearing on tonight's WWE NXT Takeover: Fatal Four Way special on the WWE Network, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
Flair had been originally scheduled for a segment that would introduce KENTA to WWE fans. We are told that a personal conflict required Flair to drop out of the appearance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bought an Ascension shirt. Gotta support my dudes.

Top Bottom