• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Zach

That reminds me, though: I forgot to tell you guys my friend bought me a wrasslin' shirt for my birthday! It's the first (and possibly last) wrassle-shirt I've ever owned:

W05299.jpg

I should probably stop talking about wrestling to friends/coworkers. They are mostly "wrestling is fake!" people, but I don't give a fuuuuuh.

Zach

Are there any Stunning Steve shirts? I've decided if I ever go to a show I'm going to buy/make a Stunning Steve shirt.

jmdajr

From the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Most WWE developmental contracts are in the $24,000 to $25,000 per year range, with two or three year deals. Obviously if you have a name, or they think you are a great prospect, the number can be completely different, but most legit indie stars or overseas stars are taking a cut for the opportunity, but the ones the company really wants would not fall into that category. There are indie guys without being former TNA or WWE names who get some Japan and U.K. and can top $60,000 per year, and that’s good name indie guys, not great name who are earning more.

any freebies though? food? transport? etc etc etc???

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Bahaha holy shit, guys, Colin Cowherd just went in hard on wrestling fans (again). I think the terms "booger eating" and "mom's basement" were used multiple times. He then said how the worst combo was wrestling fans who also play video games, which I found a little offensive.

It was from like 11:47 am EST to 11:55 am EST, I'm not gonna look for a link but it's kinda funny.

PWInsider is saying either Steen or Devitt are likely to debut tonight as well. I'd say Devitt is far more likely given that Steen is going to need more time in the incubator. Don't take this as "Steen doesn't know how to work", it's more the adapting to WWE style, finding and mastering a new moveset etc. Devitt's style is already naturally more WWE style.

joelseph

PWInsider is saying either Steen or Devitt are likely to debut tonight as well. I'd say Devitt is far more likely given that Steen is going to need more time in the incubator. Don't take this as "Steen doesn't know how to work", it's more the adapting to WWE style, finding and mastering a new moveset etc. Devitt's style is already naturally more WWE style.

Steen tweeted something cryptic about the event.

Tweeting something cryptic is nothing new. People do it all the time. He also is a part of the NXT roster now, so why wouldn't he promote it?

I also guess it's a possibility Devitt AND Steen debut. Who knows.

Ithil

I am hearing there may be another debut tonight beyond KENTA. If and when I confirm, we'll update. I don't believe it will be Kevin Steen or Fergal Devitt. When I asked Triple H about their forthcoming debuts, he noted that he wanted to make everyone mean the most when they start out of the gate.
Sounds like the opposite of that actually. I think it might be Baron Corbin, he had a vignette on the preview show. They probably don't want to do two major debuts in one night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Baron Corbin has an awesome look. Excited to watch him on the reg.

Bahaha holy shit, guys, Colin Cowherd just went in hard on wrestling fans (again). I think the terms "booger eating" and "mom's basement" were used multiple times. He then said how the worst combo was wrestling fans who also play video games, which I found a little offensive.

It was from like 11:47 am EST to 11:55 am EST, I'm not gonna look for a link but it's kinda funny.
What was it in regards to?

Hasney

God, I really should watch Takeover on my big screen at home, but I may watch it on my phone at work instead. I can't wait!

jmdajr

No. They don't have to pay for tape library access/the gym/the Performance Center, though.

Depending who you are I guess it's a good or bad deal. At least temporarily..

Then again you don't have to pay for the training and get stretched like the old schoolers.

"Well that was an easy 1000 bucks! See ya later kid, go home and be a family man."

Gonzalez

Banned
I just watched a Savage promo, and it might have had the most underrated quote ever.

"I saw a woman psychiatrist, and she said I was OCD... One Cool Dude."

This period where Savage was in a blood feud with Flair is absolutely fantastic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really will pounce on that ICOPRO shirt though. I mean, you gotta want it.

Carnby

I just watched a Savage promo, and it might have had the most underrated quote ever.

"I saw a woman psychiatrist, and she said I was OCD... One Cool Dude."

This period where Savage was in a blood feud with Flair is absolutely fantastic.

The fact that he had to specify it was a woman is very concerning.

Ithil

Tom Phillips, Byron Saxton and Renee Young will be handling the announcing for tonight's WWE NXT Takeover broadcast on the WWE Network.

Bah. No Regal, and Renee sucks at commentary. The other two are fine/inoffensive.

kirblar

Kurt would just get the recruits hooked on painkillers.

Corbin is a former fatty, so getting him in a Roman Reigns-esque tank top is a good thing. They've finally started to actually let guys have ring gear that works for their body types.

That's right, Sunny. I'm making your 'cism/'xism thread about Mil Mascaras.

You can't escape the wrassle!
Also that thread is really good for honest discussion about that issue

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's right, Sunny. I'm making your 'cism/'xism thread about Mil Mascaras.

You can't escape the wrassle!
Also that thread is really good for honest discussion about that issue

No worries, the grown folks will discuss the actual legit important issues without trying to dig up ol' Mil

No worries, the grown folks will discuss the actual legit important issues without trying to dig up ol' Mil

I honestly have no idea how it wrapped around there. I think it was because bish posted those luchador mask things? Either way, discussion of the real issues is left for people smarter than yours truly

Top Bottom