• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Pretty great Vinny Mac, Rosa is a nice addition. Nikki and Brie shit was tuned down and not that big a part of the show this week, which was great. Eva Marie's family was back, which was awesome.

No Vinny though, that was dissapointing.

Titus O'Neil was pretty great, too.

RP912

Banned
Screw it I'll watch raw. I made the mcmahons and cena in the sims 4. Mcmahons need some work and Cena was kind of spot on. I want to work on Orton but I think that will break the game.

DMczaf

Having Sheamus be the face of BA Star somehow feels...disingenuous.

Zach

Yeah, but Flair kind of sucks in video game form.

Just imagine a game with a proper Flair. Taking all kinds of goofy bumps and selling his balls off, bleeding profusely at the drop of a hat, flying over turnbuckles with a 50% success rate... man, wrestling games would be cool if they were made to be fun.

DMczaf

Just imagine a game with a proper Flair. Taking all kinds of goofy bumps and selling his balls off, bleeding profusely at the drop of a hat, flying over turnbuckles with a 50% success rate... man, wrestling games would be cool if they were made to be fun.

Basically Clumsy Ninja: Ric Flair Edition.

strobogo

Banned

His special in World Tour was Flair Flop --> Begging off --> Eye poke.

It was I believe the weakest finisher in every AKI game from then on.

How's your bro doing?

He got out of the hospital middle of last week after his first round 5 day round of chemo and now he only has to be in for a few hours a week for 2 weeks until his next 5 day stint.

The guy is doing ok all things considered. Nothing unexpected came back from the CT scans, blood tests or tumour biopsy and he has 3.5 months of chemo to do.

The problem with his back cleared up after a few days of chemo which the doctors said would happen so thats good since he was pretty immobile for 2 weeks before things really hit the fan.

He is only starting the slow shitty part now. Early days.

Super Delfin, Jinsei Shinzaki & Gran Naniwa vs Great Sasuke, SATO & Shiryu - (AJW 1994/11/20)

Early Michinoku Pro exhibition match at one of AJW's big Tokyo Dome shows - not the best M-Pro tag you'll ever see, but it's pretty fun nonetheless with lots of comedy stuff from Naniwa & Delfin. Shiryu is Kaz Hayashi's masked gimmick, while Sato is a young Dick Togo. I often wonder what indie tag team wrestling would look like if no M-Pro tapes ever made it across to America.

somedevil

Some NXT News:

US Olympic wrestler Charles "Chas" Betts is now working under the ring name Chad Gable in WWE NXT. He defeated Troy McClain at this weekend's NXT live event in Citrus Springs, Florida. This was Gable's in-ring debut.

Gable is working a gimmick similar to Kurt Angle, according to our NXT correspondent Tara. Gable wears a USA singlet and incorporated many of his amateur wrestling moves into the match against McClain.

- On a related note, Kenta was interviewed by NXT announcer Rich Brennan at the Citrus Springs show. Kenta mentioned that he wants a NXT Title shot against whoever wins the Fatal 4 Way at Takeover 2 this week.

It seems Kenta is going to be in the title mix when he starts Thursday. It also helps that his debut starts up the tv deal in Japan.

Gable seems to be there big amateur pick up. Not sure if he should continue being the new Kurt Angle.

strobogo

Banned
Super Delfin, Jinsei Shinzaki & Gran Naniwa vs Great Sasuke, SATO & Shiryu - (AJW 1994/11/20)

Early Michinoku Pro exhibition match at one of AJW's big Tokyo Dome shows - not the best M-Pro tag you'll ever see, but it's pretty fun nonetheless with lots of comedy stuff from Naniwa & Delfin. Shiryu is Kaz Hayashi's masked gimmick, while Sato is a young Dick Togo. I often wonder what indie tag team wrestling would look like if no M-Pro tapes ever made it across to America.

So you're saying I should blame M-Pro for the Young Bucks?

Alucard

Banned
You mean to tell me a wrestler based his entire gimmick on a wardrobe set that Johnny Polo only wore occasionally?

Hey, that's Smooth Sailin' Ashley Remington you're talking about. He's an absolute gentleman and has a great "I break at one!" spot when he gets a guy in the corner and the ref starts counting to five. He's also a good wrestler otherwise, and a really entertaining showman.

Hasney

Some NXT News:

It seems Kenta is going to be in the title mix when he starts Thursday. It also helps that his debut starts up the tv deal in Japan.

Gable seems to be there big amateur pick up. Not sure if he should continue being the new Kurt Angle.

Probably means nothing as it was just a house show, but it would be awesome if they debuted him the week after Takeover as a big fucking deal who can walk into a title shot. If that is the case, really hope Zayn wins the belt. Huge fan of Neville, but I'd love to see Kenta and Zayn go at it.

Some NXT News:

Brah doesn't have a tenth of Kurt's talent or charisma. Come back Veronica.....

Giving Yoshi Tatsu a job in no way makes up for the fact that attendees will have to suffer through Hernandez and Homicide, who likely will put in 5% effort.

I have no idea why they booked the people they did. It's really weird.

Hey, that's Smooth Sailin' Ashley Remington you're talking about. He's an absolute gentleman and has a great "I break at one!" spot when he gets a guy in the corner and the ref starts counting to five. He's also a good wrestler otherwise, and a really entertaining showman.

I remember when he did one or two CZW shows as Dalton Castle, and was, and I quote, a goddamn peacock.

Smooth Sailin' is way better.

Ithil

Some NXT News:

Rob Naylor said ages back that Chas Betts had the most impressive non-pro wrestler tryout they'd ever seen and to keep an eye on him. Hopefully more Angle and less Swagger.

I hope Team UK do well in KoT and Mark Andrews wins Rey del Voladores, but I've gone from "I'm definitely buying the MP4s" before the line-up was announced to "ehhhhhhhhhhh".

Jamie OD

It looks like half of every Nitro was booked by pressing random on WCW's character select screen. Their roster during their peak was like a real life M.U.G.E.N.

Disagree about it sucking, but yeah, they could probably do a better job of promoting it.

I've made my opinion on that stuff rather clear, but yeah the general perception is the promoting and booking since the relaunch could be a lot better. King of Trios in particular is..underwhelming.

Alucard

Banned
I've made my opinion on that stuff rather clear, but yeah the general perception is the promoting and booking since the relaunch could be a lot better. King of Trios in particular is..underwhelming.

I'm still a Chikara neophyte, but the live show I was at was a blast. I haven't been following the booking much before or after that show.

Top Bottom