• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, I saw Dave Batista in a movie preview this weekend. Looked pretty bad ass!

Which one? Man with the Iron Fists looks great, can't wait for that. I think he's in another Scorpion King movie, and there's the amazingly bad and awesome RVD movie "Wrong Side of Town" where Batista's introductory shot is next to a shirtless stripper.

Laserfrog

I'm very sorry you had to deal with Wales for 3 years, what with their weird alphabet and spellins.

Oh you! Not that many people speak Welsh, especially in south Wales. But legally all signs have to be in Welsh and English, same for announcements at places like train stations. You eventually get used to it and it's a shock when you go back into England with signs in one language only, they save so much space!

jmdajr

directshowsourceFRAMECOUNT_zps33350a5d.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also for those of you just waking up, last night I got exclusive footage of G-Fex vs GAF MAN. Can G-Fex overcome the odds and come back to us in this Loser Leaves Town match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIRXhuTwgLY

This is just for fun, don't act crazy. I had some spare time on my hands.

re: CHIKARA King of Trios

Skimmed over the thread a bit and did my best to ignore spoilers but just wanted to say to djsandman that I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that I couldn't make it to the viewing. Just been real busy dealing with real life (new puppy, job, gf, etc) so I just didn't have time to sit down and watch it. I still will and I would love to talk it over with you, Bootaaay, and the others when I get the chance.

I definitely will do my best and try to get something going for BOLA. Just curious, but how did you guys watch it together? Just all started it at the same time?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
re: CHIKARA King of Trios

Skimmed over the thread a bit and did my best to ignore spoilers but just wanted to say to djsandman that I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that I couldn't make it to the viewing. Just been real busy dealing with real life (new puppy, job, gf, etc) so I just didn't have time to sit down and watch it. I still will and I would love to talk it over with you, Bootaaay, and the others when I get the chance.

I definitely will do my best and try to get something going for BOLA. Just curious, but how did you guys watch it together? Just all started it at the same time?

I was unfortunately busy all weekend and didn't get a chance to sit down with GAF and enjoy KoT. I still have them on my computer (hooray for digital downloads) but I'll have to watch it all piecemeal at lunch breaks.

Unfortunately my personal life gets in the way of wrasslin' schedules. Hell, I don't even watch anything live anymore it feels. It sucks, because when everyone is watching the same thing at the same time, it's a fantastic time - it just doesn't work too well with my schedules. :/

Line-up for New Japan's big PPV next month;

New Japan Pro-Wrestling, "NJPW 40th Anniversary ~ KING OF PRO-WRESTLING"
October 08, 2012
Tokyo - Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Manabu Nakanishi Return Match: Manabu Nakanishi, Yuji Nagata & Strong Man vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
2. IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) vs. KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley
3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Low Ki
4. IWGP Tag Team Titles: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer
5. Yujiro Takahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
6. Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata
7. Right to Tokyo Dome IWGP Title Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Karl Anderson
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

Lots of cool stuff going on in this card - Manabu Nakanishi returns after being on the shelf for over a year with a spinal injury, Romero & Koslov defending the Jr. tag belts in what should be a really fun match against KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley, Low Ki cashing in his rematch for the Jr. heavyweight belt against Kota Ibushi, and Tenzan & Kojima defending their tag titles against Smith & Archer. Plus, MMA invaders Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata face off against Makabe & Inoue, Karl Anderson & The Rainmaker compete to see who challenges for the heavyweight title at the huge annual Tokyo Dome show in January, Hirooki Goto gets his rematch against Shinsuke Nakamura for the intercontinental belt and Tanahashi defends the heavyweight belt against Minoru Suzuki.

Really looking forward to Suzuki vs Tanahashi, their match back in January was awesome;

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - (NJPW 01/04/12)

Yeah, but it's unfortunately not really ideal given the small number of indy fans here and their different time-zones/real-life stuff getting in the way, and BOLA is even more problematic as HighSpots don't release the downloadable versions of PWG shows until 30 days after the DVD. I think it's probably best if people just watch the shows at their leisure and then post their spoiler-tagged thoughts afterwards, and we keep the live viewings for iPPVs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but it's unfortunately not really ideal given the small number of indy fans here and their different time-zones/real-life stuff getting in the way, and BOLA is even more problematic as HighSpots don't release the downloadable versions of PWG shows until 30 days after the DVD. I think it's probably best if people just watch the shows at their leisure and then post their spoiler-tagged thoughts afterwards, and we keep the live viewings for iPPVs.

I think the best route might be a particular day set aside for people to post their thoughts on it - that leaves people time to watch whenever they want, and a good spot to discuss it.

djsandman's month o' indies is a great idea in concept, just tough because a lot of us, like you said, have different time zones, jobs, responsibilities, and some of you have BABBYS too which doesn't help.

tm24

I think the best route might be a particular day set aside for people to post their thoughts on it - that leaves people time to watch whenever they want, and a good spot to discuss it.

djsandman's month o' indies is a great idea in concept, just tough because a lot of us, like you said, have different time zones, jobs, responsibilities, and some of you have BABBYS too which doesn't help.

I swear to god its killing me that ive already experienced BOLA and that Team Sleaze means absolutely nothing to you guys yet

I had a crazy dream last night. I was watching the television show Gangland when a group of bikers tried to jump some old guy. Turns out the old guy was DDP, and he took on all 5 of the bikers, giving them all Diamond Cutters. While watching this, I was marking the fuck out. And then I woke up from my alarm.

Good morning GAF.

I had a crazy dream last night. I was watching the television show Gangland when a group of bikers tried to jump some old guy. Turns out the old guy was DDP, and he took on all 5 of the bikers, giving them all Diamond Cutters. While watching this, I was marking the fuck out. And then I woke up from my alarm.

Good morning GAF.

The crazy wrestling dreams are coming around full force recently, it's great stuff.

Doombear

Behold! The WWE Network!

I just signed up last night for a free month of H+, just to rewatch Misfits. Now this happens. Awesome. I may just stick around after my month is up.

So much NXT. Should I just watch all of the damn thing? I already watched the last episode of 2 for that McGillicutty >.>.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just signed up last night for a free month of H+, just to rewatch Misfits. Now this happens. Awesome. I may just stick around after my month is up.

So much NXT. Should I just watch all of the damn thing? I already watched the last episode of 2 for that McGillicutty >.>.

Can you let me know if it works on either iOS, Hulu app on Kindle Fire, or Xbox/PS3? Just if you have it handy. SD is web-only so that upset me.

Doombear

Can you let me know if it works on either iOS, Hulu app on Kindle Fire, or Xbox/PS3? Just if you have it handy. SD is web-only so that upset me.

Just installed Kindle Fire Hulu app, and it seems to be running just fine. SD, RAW, ECW, Superstars, NXT and Extras are all there as far as I can see.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just installed Kindle Fire Hulu app, and it seems to be running just fine. SD, RAW, ECW, Superstars, NXT and Extras are all there as far as I can see.

Excellent. Reactivating my account! Thanks Doombear! :D

Top Bottom