• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Ithil

I think they missed an opportunity to have Wade Barrett or Mark Henry on commentary while they were/are injured, they should have gone the Punk route with at least one of them.

somedevil

I think they missed an opportunity to have Wade Barrett or Mark Henry on commentary while they were/are injured, they should have gone the Punk route with at least one of them.

Wade Barrett had to rehab and then he did a movie for them. When the movie was over he was getting to come back now.

Mark Henry would be a better choice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I'm missing my WCW PPVs from 98-01. No clue where they are. Sorry Str0bogo :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What.

What.

EJWik.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
:lol FallingEdge made Sunflower look like such a bitch in their match

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, let's not get crazy now!

I'm used to revision C!

Victoria Justice? LOL

I remember when she was liked on this board

:Kappa

Yeah then she turned 18 and pedo-gaf was all "nah, no thanks"

I have no idea who she is, but I think I heard the name around those creepy mouthbreathers

G-Fex

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, let's not get crazy now!

I'm used to revision C!

Yeah then she turned 18 and pedo-gaf was all "nah, no thanks"

I have no idea who she is, but I think I heard the name around those creepy mouthbreathers

She's a pretty girl but yeah creepy gaf went too far.

Thankfully it's dead

strobogo

Banned
Actually I'm missing my WCW PPVs from 98-01. No clue where they are. Sorry Str0bogo :(

Bummer. Such a good show. Finlay and Benoit beating on each other, Dean "Ciclope" Malenko, the Bowery match, Eddie vs Ultimo Dragon, Goldberg's first big test against Saturn, the whole Eric Bischoff vs McMahon thing that was some phenomenal smarmy heel stuff, Bret vs Macho!!!, and the Outsiders vs Sting/Giant.

Which show was it that the Giant threw Sting up for the snake eyes from the middle of the ring? Was the the next show or in that match?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bummer. Such a good show. Finlay and Benoit beating on each other, Dean "Ciclope" Malenko, the Bowery match, Eddie vs Ultimo Dragon, Goldberg's first big test against Saturn, the whole Eric Bischoff vs McMahon thing that was some phenomenal smarmy heel stuff, Bret vs Macho!!!, and the Outsiders vs Sting/Giant.

Which show was it that the Giant threw Sting up for the snake eyes from the middle of the ring? Was the the next show or in that match?

Gawd, was that Slamboree the one where Bischoff just sat out there and called out Vince all night? So bad!

:lol Oh, that. I wrote that as a joke to weekend_warrior, a former poster of WrestleGAF.

Thank god.

strobogo

Banned
Gawd, was that Slamboree the one where Bischoff just sat out there and called out Vince all night? So bad!

Negative. It was awesome. Somehow Bischoff managed to make himself the heel against Vince McMahon despite it being a WCW show and Vince running the other company. Could you imagine in 1998 if Vince did the same thing on WWF PPV? Crowd would have been 100000% behind him, even at the height of his stuff with Austin.

somedevil

Negative. It was awesome. Somehow Bischoff managed to make himself the heel against Vince McMahon despite it being a WCW show and Vince running the other company. Could you imagine in 1998 if Vince did the same thing on WWF PPV? Crowd would have been 100000% behind him, even at the height of his stuff with Austin.

Don't list to the review a wai review of this show they slam it pretty hard.

Kaladin

I recommend:

Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!

He is the high-flying, risk taking fan favorite known worldwide as "The Generic Luchador" El Generico & this is 2-disc set is a collection of 19 of his greatest Ring of Honor Matches! Featuring bouts against the likes of Homicide, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, and Roderick Strong, witness just why El Generico is one of the most beloved wrestlers in ROH's history. Whether it be challenging for the World, TV, or Tag Titles, Generico has proven himself to be ever-resilient and always has the fan's in his corner. From his ROH debut to his TV Title victory, this is a look at just some of the best El Generico has to offer!

Disc 1
1. El Generico vs. Arik Cannon vs. Fast Eddie vs. Josh Daniels...Do or Die IV 2/19/05 (ROH debut)
2. El Generico vs. Homicide...Dragon Gate Invasion 8/27/05
3. El Generico vs. Matt Sydal...A Fight At The Roxbury 6/8/07
4. Clip: El Generico vs. Delirious (First Round)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 1 7/27/07
5. Clip: El Generico vs. Chris Hero (Quarter-Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
6. Clip: El Generico vs. Davey Richards (Semi-Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
7. El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli (Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
8. El Generico vs. Naomichi Marufuji...Motor City Madness 2007 9/14/07
9. El Generico vs. Austin Aries (#1 Contender's Tournament First Round)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
10. El Generico vs. Go Shiozaki (#1 Contender's Tournament Semi-Finals)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
11. El Generico vs. Kota Ibushi...Return Engagement 4/19/08
12. El Generico vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match)...Age of Insanity 8/15/08
13. El Generico, Shingo, & Dragon Kid vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & BxB Hulk...Battle of the Best 9/13/08

Disc 2
14. El Generico vs. Taiji Ishimori...Tokyo Summit 9/14/08
15. El Generico vs. Bryan Danielson...Proving Ground 2009 Night 2 2/7/09
16. El Generico vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima...The Omega Effect 11/14/09
17. El Generico vs. Tyler Black...ROH on HDNet Episode 63
18. El Generico & Colt Cabana vs. The American Wolves...Salvation 7/24/10
19. El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...SoCal Showdown II 1/28/11
20. El Generico vs. TJ Perkins...Manhattan Mayhem IV 3/19/11
21. Clip: El Generico vs. Roderick Strong...Honor Takes Center Stage Chapter 2 4/2/11
22. El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (No Disqualification)...ROH Revolution USA 5/6/11
23. El Generico vs. Christopher Daniels (World TV Title Match)...Best in the World 2011 6/26/11

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/el-generico-ole-ole-2-disc-set

Kaladin

I would also recommend:

At some point in their lives every man reaches a breaking point, a moment where he chooses to either persevere through his difficulties or give in and let his problems consume him. On December 19, 2009 at "Final Battle 2009" Kevin Steen faced that moment. With several choice words and the brutal crack of a steel chair, Kevin made his decision and a slow descent into madness that would grow to effect all of Ring of Honor began...

From the closing night of Steen & Generico's ROH World Tag Title reign through the war at "Final Battle 2010" that brought this madman's time in ROH to a temporary end, this 2-DVD set is a chronicle of the matches & the moments that saw Steen spiral out of control. From his tag team battles against The American Wolves & The Young Bucks with El Generico to his Steve Corino-influenced violent turn, this compilation includes Steen's bouts against his former partner, bloody battles against Colt Cabana, his ROH World Championship battle against Tyler Black, and more! From the violence of his matches to the often psychotic words spewing from his mouth, this is Kevin Steen's descent into madness...

Disc 1

1. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The American Wolves (Tables Match)…ROH on HDNet #11

2. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks…Contention 6/12/19

3. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks…Final Battle 2009 12/19/09

4. Steen/Cabana face to face after Final Battle– Video Wire 12/23/09

5. Steen/Cabana Promos – Video Wire 2/9/10

6. Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana… 8th Anniversary Show 2/13/10

7. Kevin Steen vs. Kenny Omega…From The Ashes 3/26/10

8. Post match of Cabana/Generico vs. American Wolves...Phoenix Rising 3/27/10

9. Steen/Corino and Cabana/Generico Promos – Video Wire 3/30/10

10. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico…The Big Bang 4/3/10

11. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico (COME-AS-YOU-ARE STREET FIGHT)… Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies 2 4/24/10

12. Steen’s Bloody Challenge Video – 4/26/10

13. Cabana answers the challenge- ROH Video Wire 4/28/10

14. Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana (34th Street Last Man Standing Deathmatch)… Supercard of Honor V 5/8/10

Disc 2

15. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico… Death Before Dishonor VIII 6/19/10

16. Steen-Generico altercation at intermission at Death Before Dishonor

17. Steen jumps Tyler Black…ROH on HDNet #65 7/12/10

18. Steen & Tyler promos- ROH Video Wire 7/20/10

19. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico… Hate: Chapter II 7/23/10

20. Kevin Steen vs. Tyler Black (ROH World Title Match)…Salvation 7/24/10

21. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. El Generico & Colt Cabana (Street Fight)…ROH on HDNet #67

22. Steen/Corino Promo setting up GBH IX & Generico/Stevens post-match…ROH on HDNet #70

23. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico (Tag Team Chain Match)… Glory By Honor IX 9/11/10

24. Clips of Steen’s involvement in Colt Cabana & El Generico vs. Kenny King & Rhett Titus … Fate Of An Angel II 11/13/10

25. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. The Kings of Wrestling (World Tag Team Title Match)…Fate of an Angel II

26. Kevin Steen vs. Grizzly Redwood…ROH on HDNet #82

27. In ring promo with Kevin Steen…ROH on HDNet #85

28. Final Battle 2010 hype video

29. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (Unsanctioned Fight Without Honor/ROH Career vs. Mask Match)…Final Battle 2010 12/18/10

This chronicles the amazing multi-year Steen vs Generico feud which is not featured on the other dvd.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/kevin-steen-descent-madness-2-disc-set

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sadly the crowd was against Bischoff because they enjoyed the competitor's product :| a lot.

You'd see pro-WWF signs in that crowd. "I'd rather be at Mania" etc.

Kaladin

Best of the Indies Month doesn't stop after this coming Saturday, next Saturday September 15th, 2012 we roll on to Ring of Honor.

76mqB.jpg

*ROH champion Kevin Steen vs. Rhino

*ROH Tag Team Title Tournament: S.C.U.M (Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino) vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

*ROH Tag Team Title Tournament: Rhett Titus & Charlie Haas vs. The Briscoes

*ROH Tag Team Title Tournament finals to crown new champions

*ROH TV champion Adam Cole vs. Mike Mondo

*Homicide vs Jay Lethal

*ACH vs. Kyle O'Reilly

*Davey Richards returns to ROH

*Tadarius Thomas vs. Silas Young

Order this show now for $15: http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv

This is turning out to be a good card.

strobogo

Banned
Sadly the crowd was against Bischoff because they enjoyed the competitor's product :| a lot.

You'd see pro-WWF signs in that crowd. "I'd rather be at Mania" etc.

They got so much better once stuff started going off the rails and you'd see signs like "I should have gone to Raw" "I'm embarrassed to be here" and I remember one that said something like "I'm not even recording this".

At that point WCW was still dominating, which is even funnier that there were so many pro-WWF, anti-WCW signs.

Kaladin

With my Death Before Dishonor X purchase, I am set for all three iPPVs this month. Look forward to introducing some new people to the indie product.

Top Bottom