• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Draxal

re: Daria

I know the community is mainly focusing on Levi being broken (and that definitely has some shades of truth to it), but does anyone else feel like Clark (and to a lesser extent, Craig) are complicit too?

Even if the vanilla spellboost followers are overcosted by 1-1.5 mana, Clark is basically gain 2 mana per spellboost follower in your hand. Compare this to other great 3 drops like Veight and Blitz Lancer where they both are great for their cost, but at least have a stat distribution of 3/2 rather than 2/3. Clark is not only sticky on curve, but he also starts the engine a little too efficiently imo.

Clarke and Craig aren't broken, but the fact that they released so much synergy with Daria was risky.

Levy and Piercing Runes are the broken things about her deck though.

Luigi87

I had a Beastcall Aria, and several other cards on my field.
My Sword opponent had 6 HP left. He dropped Bahamut.
I thanked him <_<

Luigi87

Well, I just lost hard to a Spell Dragoncraft.

Opponent had all three pendants on the board by turn 7. Got Angelic Barraged, and Sniped to death (after an earlier turn where I got 8 right to the face from enhanced Eyfa + 2 pendants)

Edit: Wow, just lost twice in a row to those Seraph decks that run Olivia + Prince of Darkness.

Ilvocare

So I've been getting mad salty in Ranked with my Forestcraft deck lately because it feels like every deck I'm fighting here has, like, 5 different gold/legendary cards prepped to just completely shit me up

Got salt enough to buy like 3 RoB packs and the first one was

pePluzq.png

goddamn

EDIT: why is it when Veight dies he sounds like fucking Chip from Sonic Unleashed

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
As Forest get more and more popular, more people are stacking ward/heal spam for free wins against aggro. At least we still have an advantage against Daria, which we see 1/3 games.

Luigi87

I've faced multiple meme dragon decks today...
JO Dragon twice, and now Wildfang Dragonewt Altered Fate combo.

Edit: AMAZING, I constantly face Dragon and Sword when I play Haven.
I pick my Dragon deck, and BAM, vs. Shadow, the ONE CLASS I hate facing as Dragon.

Edit 2: Three times today. I switch to Haven, I face Sword and Haven. I switch to Dragon, SHADOW AGAIN. (I beat this one, but still)
I'm wondering if there's something in the way matchmaking works...

Ilvocare

So did they remove the skulls that overlay on cards when damage will kill them?

Yeah, apparently there was something in damage calculation that mucked up something somewhere so it's not in the game right now. Means you have to do it yourself and fast.

In other notes, I'm actually really satisfied with how flexible my Forestcraft deck has become. I'm shocked to see Petal Fencers be so effective.

G E T E M E V E R Y O N E

Szadek

One my of friends started playing today.
On her first roll she got :
2 Imperial Dragoon, 1 Eldwood and 1 Erasmus.
I told her to reroll since ,while not exactly the worst legendaries, they are not a great start for new players either.

On the second roll we only got Creberus and Nephthys.
We will give it a few more shots another time.

Also, I made it B3 with my Nephthys deck without too much trouble.
Reaching A0 shouldn't take long now.

Pooya

honestly all of them are trash or meme tier at best, definitely reroll.

shadow is a fun class to start with but it's pretty bad right now, I don't know about that. Nep is really almost meme tier, control decks without it are much better right now actually. You just have to play so much trash for it to pull out and makes your deck really bad against almost everything when you have like 5 8 drops.

I think you want to roll for runecraft cards, it's so OP and easy to play.

Szadek

honestly all of them are trash or meme tier at best, definitely reroll.

shadow is a fun class to start with but it's pretty bad right now, I don't know about that. Nep is really almost meme tier, control decks without it are much better right now actually. You just have to play so much trash for it to pull out and makes your deck really bad against almost everything when you have like 5 8 drops.

I think you want to roll for runecraft cards, it's so OP and easy to play.
I certianly have 0 problems with the Nep deck so far (currently at a 7 game winning streak) , despite facing quite a few aggro blood and tempo rune decks.
I suppose this might change drastically at A0.

Szadek

I made it to A0.
I'm currently on a 12 game winning streak despite facing mostly top tier decks.

After a few rerolls my friend we finally got a fantastic pull.
You know this is going to be good when the second pack has an animated Bahamut.
The other legendaries were:
Tia, Vampire Queen, Odin,Atomy, Pascale, lord of the flies and Imprial Dragoon.

Luigi87

That's a first for me... I was doing an unranked to complete my daily, when suddenly it went "Match Cancelled" [The data is invalid].

Luigi87

When my opponent disconnects before the mulligan, I think that's the game telling me to take the win and go to bed.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Finally made it to AA0, took me a month of grinding. Spam aggro blood for A0, and Roach Forest from A0 to AA0, it is fun but can be boring playing the same deck over and over again.

Luigi87

Finally made it to AA0, took me a month of grinding. Spam aggro blood for A0, and Roach Forest from A0 to AA0, it is fun but can be boring playing the same deck over and over again.

Congrats!
I'm slowly trying to climb with my Ward Ramp Dragon deck I used to go from B0 to A0, though I've made some alterations here and there.
Toughest deck to beat with it is Shadow, which I struggle tremendously against, especially with all of their removal, and then cards like Khawy.

Pooya

Is there a place I can see list of all emblems and how to get them? I know opening some legendary cards gives you an emblem, but I have Lucifer emblem when I never opened him. How I got that I've no idea, same for Lord Atomy.

Draxal

Is there a place I can see list of all emblems and how to get them? I know opening some legendary cards gives you an emblem, but I have Lucifer emblem when I never opened him. How I got that I've no idea, same for Lord Atomy.

Standard will give you those emblems by default. The expansions give you a legendary emblem if you open them.

Luigi87

Aside from the expansion legendaries some emblems (and their respective sleeves) were limited to earning points in the monthly season. These are:

Bellringer Angel
Urd
Snowman
Otohime's Bodyguard
Elana's Prayer
Elf Girl Liza
Crystalia Lily
Underworld Watchman Khawy

Maybe i should stop being lazy and try to reach A rank by the end of the week... Been playing too much unranked lately :/ I want that Khawy sleeve

Pooya

you don't want to rank up really, ranking up is kinda bad in this game. One could just stay in B, benefit from win streak bonus to grind score rewards faster and easier. Nothing interesting is happening up there, it's just even more daria and aggro blood... what you want to do is to tank your rank to never hit A instead.

Ahh alright then, seeing waves and waves of daria/aggro blood would be a livivg nightmare. Im at C0 so maybe reaching B0 would be a good end point. Thanks for the tip!

4Tran

B0 gets you the sleeve rewards for the month, so it's an ideal place to stay if you don't want to grind for daily missions. The problem is that B is a lot easier than A so if you're a decent player with a decent deck you're going to rank up automatically. The one thing that I really miss about B is that I used to be able to play goofy decks and still get the odd win, but not so much any more.

B0 gets you the sleeve rewards for the month, so it's an ideal place to stay if you don't want to grind for daily missions. The problem is that B is a lot easier than A so if you're a decent player with a decent deck you're going to rank up automatically. The one thing that I really miss about B is that I used to be able to play goofy decks and still get the odd win, but not so much any more.

Kinda wish they reset ranks per season...

Luigi87

Kinda wish they reset ranks per season...

They do specifically for the Master rank.

Essentially there's two leagues, the climb to Masters, and then Masters.
That's why people who hit Masters either want to climb that for top ranking, or just play whatever decks since they're already Master and don't need to worry about dropping out.

Luigi87

I hate Daria...

My opponent got me down to 5 HP, I play Bahamut. Opponent plays Daria and floods the board, so I just play my second Bahamut to clear everything. My opponent plays last two cards, one being Blade Mage (2/2 + Storm) and gets me to 3HP. I play Genesis so my Bahamut and Genesis clear the board.

My opponent top decks Daria. Gets another Blade Mage + Angelic Snipe.
So annoyed about that one.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ahh alright then, seeing waves and waves of daria/aggro blood would be a livivg nightmare. Im at C0 so maybe reaching B0 would be a good end point. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah A0 is full of combo roach, aggro blood, and Daria. Once you get to AA you start seeing a lot of control decks that runs 3 Odin and Bahamut and tons of healing just to counter all the Daria and aggro deck.

I don't even know what decks counter those control decks. Aggro can't out damage their ward and heal, and their Odin and Bahamut make playing control decks drag on to 15+ turn and decided by top decking.

Yeah A0 is full of combo roach, aggro blood, and Daria. Once you get to AA you start seeing a lot of control decks that runs 3 Odin and Bahamut and tons of healing just to counter all the Daria and aggro deck.

I don't even know what decks counter those control decks. Aggro can't out damage their ward and heal, and their Odin and Bahamut make playing control decks drag on to 15+ turn and decided by top decking.

Dimension Shift :D

At the moment Aggro Shadow is becoming my favorite deck - it's more resilient than other aggro decks, it can play some serious value game with Urd combos and carrots and it still has possibility of 11 damage to the face from empty board (5 ghosts + 2 cerberus spells + evo).

Szadek

I think I need to start working on a new control deck, Shadow doesn't really cut it in A0 anymore.
Right now I have:
1 of each Saber
1 Odin
2 Alexander
1 Olyvia
2 Vampire Queen
2 Eidolon of Madness
and 1 Fafnir (as well as some other legendaries that don't matter)

I haven't bought a starter deck yet and have even vials of 3 legendaries, 1 maybe 2 more if I turn everything I don't need into vials.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if it's enough - even if you went with blood where you have 2 queens (and third one in prebuilt) and 1 Odin already most of them cost like 40k vials total.

Cheap control decks would be Dimension Shift and Seraph.
I miss PtP it made some nice control decks with most important cards being 6 golds.

4Tran

I think I need to start working on a new control deck, Shadow doesn't really cut it in A0 anymore.
Right now I have:
1 of each Saber
1 Odin
2 Alexander
1 Olyvia
2 Vampire Queen
2 Eidolon of Madness
and 1 Fafnir (as well as some other legendaries that don't matter)

I haven't bought a starter deck yet and have even vials of 3 legendaries, 1 maybe 2 more if I turn everything I don't need into vials.

Any suggestions?
Mid range decks have all been killed by Daria, so your options are going to be either Aggro, Combo, or Control. The only Combo decks that are being run right now are Combo Roach, which wants 3x Ancient Elf or Dimension Shift that wants a bunch of Merlins, so I think that's out as well. For the rest, there are a few Aggro decks that seem pretty viable right now. I'm still getting pretty decent win rates with my Banner Sword, and after tweaking my Aggro Blood deck, I've been doing pretty great, so the latter might be a good way to go. The only Gold cards it needs are 3x Vania and 2x Vampiric Fortress. Not needing any Legendaries means it's pretty easy to build.

I've also had some luck with an extreme low-follower Seraph deck, but you'd need at least 2x Enstatued Seraph and 3x Themis's Decree (and ideally 3x Tribunal of Good and Evil). In a more normal Seraph deck your Eidolons would be a pretty good fit. Unfortunately your other Legendaries are looking for Control Sword or Blood decks and those are the most expensive decks in Shadowverse to build.

EDIT: The Seraph deck I'm running has been working out pretty well! It's specially tuned to not have any followers for a Daria deck to hit, so it must be awfully frustrating for those decks to go up against. The last one I face died to a Seraph (the only win condition in the deck) with an Evolve left over - there simply was never anything on the board to evolve into and nothing for Piercing Rune to hit. It feels great to toy with that deck!

Luigi87

Just hit A1, so hoping I climb further.

Only just realized that when one hits A2 they are only then just past the halfway mark to Master.

Szadek

Mid range decks have all been killed by Daria, so your options are going to be either Aggro, Combo, or Control. The only Combo decks that are being run right now are Combo Roach, which wants 3x Ancient Elf or Dimension Shift that wants a bunch of Merlins, so I think that's out as well. For the rest, there are a few Aggro decks that seem pretty viable right now. I'm still getting pretty decent win rates with my Banner Sword, and after tweaking my Aggro Blood deck, I've been doing pretty great, so the latter might be a good way to go. The only Gold cards it needs are 3x Vania and 2x Vampiric Fortress. Not needing any Legendaries means it's pretty easy to build.

I've also had some luck with an extreme low-follower Seraph deck, but you'd need at least 2x Enstatued Seraph and 3x Themis's Decree (and ideally 3x Tribunal of Good and Evil). In a more normal Seraph deck your Eidolons would be a pretty good fit. Unfortunately your other Legendaries are looking for Control Sword or Blood decks and those are the most expensive decks in Shadowverse to build.

EDIT: The Seraph deck I'm running has been working out pretty well! It's specially tuned to not have any followers for a Daria deck to hit, so it must be awfully frustrating for those decks to go up against. The last one I face died to a Seraph (the only win condition in the deck) with an Evolve left over - there simply was never anything on the board to evolve into and nothing for Piercing Rune to hit. It feels great to toy with that deck!
Thanks! I know that blood and sword control are very expensive, but I'm just more of a control player.
I just got a Bahamut and I have 13k vials. If I dust all the meh legendaries I can go up to 20k.
From the decks both Sword and Blood seem very helpful (or I guess forest if I want to play combo).

I also got a second Olyvia. Is there any point in keeping her? I have never seen deck lists with 2 copies.

4Tran

Thanks! I know that blood and sword control are very expensive, but I'm just more of a control player.
I just got a Bahamut and I have 13k vials. If I dust all the meh legendaries I can go up to 20k.
From the decks both Sword and Blood seem very helpful (or I guess forest if I want to play combo).
Combo Roach is pretty decent, but a lot of decks are starting to tech in more wards so its effectiveness might go down in the next little while. The most control heavy deck out there is probably pure Seraph since it can't win through damage so wards don't matter. Of Blood and Sword, I'd say that Sword is more refined right now, and you can tell that the expensive cards in that deck are going to be good currently and probably in the future as well. On the other hand, who knows if cards like Bloodthirsty Matriarch are going to be any good in the long run?

I also got a second Olyvia. Is there any point in keeping her? I have never seen deck lists with 2 copies.
I've seen it in extremely control-heavy decks. The idea with two of them is more to ensure that you draw at least one rather than needing all those evolve points.

EDIT: I've been trying out a Combo Sword deck starring Cursed General. The main gimmick of the deck is to play Cursed General on 6 and immediately play Assassin to give him stealth, and then to burst the hell out of your opponent on 7-8. I don't know how reliable it is, but I've been able to win with it and it's a blast to play. Playing and evolving Floral Fencer on 7 for 7 damage to face is nuts!

flammie

I use 3 Olyvias in a Dragoncraft carrot deck. Dragoncraft to get play points earlier and carrots to trade with the opponents creatures. Works well at A0 rank.

Luigi87

Dropped back to A0, and had a heck of a losing streak.

Most recent loss against a control Sword who played two Alberts, then Olivia.
I dropped my Bahamut, then the opponent countered with a Bahamut. I dropped Odin, my opponent countered with Sahaquiel (evo) + Lucifer combo, then dropped Lucifer (evo) and a ward.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I found one super interesting variant of roach combo with White Wolfs and Homecoming

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/jcg-open-vol52

Initial results are very promising since everyone now is so concentrated on one turn kills with roach that they forgot that Tias exist and almost no one expects Cynthia anymore.

edit: yeah it's legit - I got to AA0 today ;)

Congratulation, I hope you will have fun fighting all those control decks.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Have you been using Liza on your combo deck? If so is she useful at all beside pissing off rune craft? I been using Lily instead on my white rose deck, she is an okay 2 drop that double as removal on 6 cost.

4Tran

Have you been using Liza on your combo deck? If so is she useful at all beside pissing off rune craft? I been using Lily instead on my white rose deck, she is an okay 2 drop that double as removal on 6 cost.
The reason why Combo Roach has been so popular is because if the only 2-drop follower in your deck is Rhinoceroach, then Goblin Mage's ability basically becomes "Fanfare: Draw a Rhinoceroach from your deck". This tutoring ability makes getting Roaches very reliable, and is the key mechanism in the deck. If you dilute the 2-drop slot with other cards, then it actually ends up weakening the deck, regardless of how powerful those other 2-drops are. It's the same reason why Nephtys decks only run Khawy in the 7-drop and Nephtys and Mordecai in the 8-drop and why Banner Sword decks tend not to run non-Banner Commanders. So effectively, Goblin Mage has murdered Liza.

On a slightly different note, I'm beginning to think that Goblin Mage is secretly the strongest card in Rise of Bahamut. She's found her way into a ton of different decks, and usually as a key component, not as a filler like Unica or Dingdong. While Goblin Mage is obviously at her most powerful if there's only one 2-drop in the deck, even if you have 3-4 2-drops she can still be really effective.

Top Bottom