• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Shark Elevator" Lifts Great Whites From Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Binabik15 said:
That does look pretty brutal, but aren´t their fins made out of cartilage? I doubt he/she feels it. The welding part probably doesn´t upset it a tiny bit compared to getting hauled out of the water for 15(!) minutes.
yep. its crushing its own organs [sharks dont have ribcages], which is a tad more worrisome than bolting and welding to a rigid dermal plate covered in teeth.

These are such hideous, hideous creatures. LOL at them just sitting there when they're pulled out of the water. Not so tough now are you, shitheads.

I hope a commercial fleet gets hold of the tracking info and hunts these mofo's down for sharkfin soup.

Freestyler said:
These are such hideous, hideous creatures. LOL at them just sitting there when they're pulled out of the water. Not so tough now are you, shitheads.

I hope a commercial fleet gets hold of the tracking info and hunts these mofo's down for sharkfin soup.
What?

Freestyler said:

Shark kill your mother or something? Seem a bit hostile.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Freestyler said:

Wouldn't that cause a chain reaction in the eco-system? Terrible idea.

fanboi

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
I get the feeling that the shark felt like a human would do if aliens abducted him or her without a warning.

I wouldn't get the feeling that my lunch are assholes.

beje

Banned
First thing I thought of

outreach.png

Binabik15 said:
That does look pretty brutal, but aren´t their fins made out of cartilage? I doubt he/she feels it. The welding part probably doesn´t upset it a tiny bit compared to getting hauled out of the water for 15(!) minutes.

They tag Dolphins as well, they don't have nerve endings in their fins so its painless. They are also designed to fall off by themselves over an amount of time, or at least the ones I know of are designed this way.

guidop said:
I thought Sharks died if they stopped swimming?

They need saltwater to rush into their gills, which is achieved by the hose of saltwater.

Hmmm. I actually thought Great Whites where bigger. I recall somewhere seeing a program where a great White looked the same size as an Orca. Is that possible? Or am I just romancing...?

Great Whites, and Sharks are a really cool, but scary animal. There is no way around it. It's an animal that deserves respect. If they go extinct, it would be terrible for the bad assery of Sea interests, though im sure stocks would go up, and real estate growth in the sea will expand, with as much as 28% before the next quater, but long term effects would not have major impact on the sea economy, because as someone else said, a new horror from the deep will come. And if it's a Kraken, god help us all!

sankao said:
I wonder what the other sharks will think when this one tells them about the strange ship it was abducted into where little beings performed experiments on its genitals.

Nice:D

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
TheHeretic said:
They need saltwater to rush into their gills, which is achieved by the hose of saltwater.

I find it quite funny that they're effectively waterboarding these sharks to keep them alive.

Vigilant Walrus said:
Hmmm. I actually thought Great Whites where bigger. I recall somewhere seeing a program where a great White looked the same size as an Orca. Is that possible? Or am I just romancing...?

Great Whites, and Sharks are a really cool, but scary animal. There is no way around it. It's an animal that deserves respect. If they go extinct, it would be terrible for the bad assery of Sea interests, though im sure stocks would go up, and real estate growth in the sea will expand, with as much as 28% before the next quater, but long term effects would not have major impact on the sea economy, because as someone else said, a new horror from the deep will come. And if it's a Kraken, god help us all!

Nice:D

Great Whites can get much bigger. I watched the show (which was really dumb) and they were bummed they kept pulling up small ones, which were still 14+ feet. These guys are like Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville on an episode of Jackass - hard to believe they're "scientists".

sw33tclyde said:
:lol :lol

I was flipping around and was like 'fast n furious sharks wut?' but then I had to leave. Was it really him?

Ya it really was him. They even announced him as "Actor, Paul Walker" and I was like what?

Cday

Banned
They used this in some other shark documentary I saw not too long ago. It was odd because that one guy from Fast & Furious was part of the crew (Paul Walker) and it wasn't a fictional thing.

That's amazing. That shark is crazy scary. I'd probably be more afraid of nearby sharks though just knowing there down there. Waiting.

Apoc29

First it starts with Shark elevators. Then Shark taxis. Then before you know we have a system of shark tubes that are fed directly into our children's schools. When will the madness end?

kagete

Why is eminem torching earring studs on the shark? Is that his pet? Oh and shark in that looks black to me. No racist.
expedition-great-white-shark-torch-tag_21277_600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom