• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

StewboaT_

Yes :(

And nothing is going on just walking around.... How come that no one mentioned it (reviwers ?) It's really bad.

I completed 4 chapters and really like the game but don't know if I'll continue if it still that bad on later levels.
You've just confirmed my biggest worry with the game. I think I'll wait it out, and pray that it gets patched to be on par with the X1 version.

There's a shotgun in one of houses with 4 rounds. Use all 4, use whatever ammo you have, then run him over to the room with the spike trap. Use that on him twice.

Ha! There's also a
crossbow in the same level
and the best part is you can make ammo from the
disarmed traps
from this chapter and the previous.

I think i used 4-5
explosive shots with the crossbow
on him and the trophy popped up!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This game is perfect for pyromaniacs,

The professional club is probably having a field day with this one. Their loving chainsaw massacre is manipulating minds everywhere. :)
Ha! There's also a
crossbow in the same level
and the best part is you can make ammo from the
disarmed traps
from this chapter and the previous.

I think i used 4-5
explosive shots with the crossbow
on him and the trophy popped up!

I missed it like a GOAT.

I was on for a bit about a half an hour/45 minutes ago. I didn't see anything.

Heard there was. Damn.. Hoping they fix the framerate issues at least for you guys.

thanks guys- ;/

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

Lulubop

Glad you can remove the black bars on PC, though it makes the fov worse it's a trade off I'll take. I'm sure they'll be a way to fix the fov sooner of later. Really liking this, like a lot.

Hagi

There's a shotgun in one of houses with 4 rounds. Use all 4, use whatever ammo you have, then run him over to the room with the spike trap. Use that on him twice. It will kill him depending on how much life you took from him. I tried using the grenades, but I couldn't time it right. The shotgun should be in a case too. I used up my double barrel shotgun already like an idiot. The motion traps don't notice him because he's probably not human, but still. You can trigger it just right, but he kills with his thrust

The spike trap is what works the best and what did it for me. You need to time it because he's pretty fast and your stamina runs out quick.

Thanks I need to upgrade my stamina because a 5 second sprint leads to certain death it seems. Gonna try again later after work.

Game is certainly fun. Kinda RE4's little brother.

so from what i can tell a few people are noticing the ps4 frame-rate problems and nobody on xbox see's anything wrong, it's just guesswork but this could be due to the lack of ps4 update.
ps4 version just has one very small update i think, can someone please confirm?
xbox one has a mega 7gb one

I just realized
those little statues you come across along the way have to be shot to get keys for the save room
. Missed three of them now :(

I was thinking "man, I keep coming across these. They must hold some significance"

so from what i can tell a few people are noticing the ps4 frame-rate problems and nobody on xbox see's anything wrong, it's just guesswork but this could be due to the lack of ps4 update.

Ps4 version had a 70-something MB update downloading when i started the game.Dunno about xbone.

For those who are playing the PS3 version, is the tearing as bad as it seems from the videos? I'm starting to think I should have ordered the 360 or PC version :(

Yes very small day 1 patch.

Bz624pnIIAA3N37.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I can't stop playing this game :/
Chapter 8 after 8 hours ...not bad.
Same here, Got Alien and Driveclub but this has my full attention, Alien Isolation and this are probably gonna be my GOTY.
But everything about this is pure bliss, it what I want from my games I can't recommend it enough
Man fuck that chainsaw dude
I just climb the ladder in the barn and waited for him to come up and shot him with an incendiary bolt

If anyone has any specific questions regarding the whole game. I'd be more then happy to answer them. Also glad to see so many enjoying the game. I was wondering how the general public would take to the expereince. I already had a feeling how reviewer outlets would.

Carbonox

dat chapter 3

I'm taking my time going through the
village
ensuring that I get all the items I can but without alerting enemies. Lot of crouching and moving in tiny steps every time. :lol

Tense as fuck.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding the whole game. I'd be more then happy to answer them. Also glad to see so many enjoying the game. I was wondering how the general public would take to the expereince. I already had a feeling how reviewer outlets would.

You reviewed PS4 version right ?
Did you not notice low framerate ?

I think that bit at the end of chapter 3 was even more intense than the first time something similar happened in Resi 4. Really starting to click with me now, really looking forward to playing more.

-MD-

I just realized
those little statues you come across along the way have to be shot to get keys for the save room
. Missed three of them now :(

I was thinking "man, I keep coming across these. They must hold some significance"

You can also melee them.

KyleCross

Does ammo ever become abundant/does the game become more RE4-action in later levels or does it play the scarce survival horror all the way through?

Also how significant is the difference between the Easy and Normal difficulties?

THEaaron

The framerate dips occur from time to time. On a specific chapter, there is a boss in a room filled with fog on the ground: serious, it felt like 20 fps there if not lower.

The village part on the beginning was very choppy, too.

I'm on ps4 and very sensitive to drops.

Any idea on how to beat the
long haired lady boss
in chapter 5?
I've been running around that room burning her for an hour. It's not working!

You reviewed PS4 version right ?
Did you not notice low framerate ?

Yes completed it on PS4. There are indeed framerate dips, but it varies. I never had it interfer with my ability to play or shoot things, so therefor for me it wasn't a game killer. Sometimes it feels really smooth, other time it seems to chug a little but usually during intense fights, but other work just fine. Sometimes when there is nothing going on. So it's a bit odd.

Does ammo ever become abundant/does the game become more RE4-action in later levels or does it play the scarce survival horror all the way through?

Also how significant is the difference between the Easy and Normal difficulties?

The survival horror aspect stays pretty strong throughout. There is enemies later that can fight back with guns, and it does become a bit more action based. Yet the horror stuff does stick through, granted the enviroments toward the end are more urban so people might not find them as pleasing as the earlier chapters. Though you still never had a ton of ammo for the whole game and when you do have it, then you suddenly find yourself completely depleted. I only played on survival and had no major issues. Died 64 times total. Casual I hear the puzzles get even more simplified, and enemy encounters easier.

Any idea on how to beat the
long haired lady boss
in chapter 5?
I've been running around that room burning her for an hour. It's not working!

A just beat that boss a few hours ago. Just keep doing what you were doing. I think you have to
burn her
6-7 times?. Do you have any
matches?
. There are
corpses from which she respawns
. Wait near one of them and when the boss
respawns from that one burn the corpse and her!
. There are also
2 torches, 2 explosive barrels and the rooms

WTF ? I bought the retail PC version today. Installation time alone was about 75 minutes. And now I have to download another 6GB to run the game (DSL 2000 yeah ) ~ so in about 6 - 7 hours I can play it. I hate this shit.

A just beat that boss a few hours ago. Just keep doing what you were doing. I think you have to
burn her
6-7 times?. Do you have any
matches?
. There are
corpses from which she respawns
. Wait near one of them and when the boss
respawns from that one burn the corpse and her!
. There are also
2 torches, 2 explosive barrels and the rooms

No matches. No wonder why I'm having so much trouble.

-MD-

Can you switch your difficulty mid-game, or are you stuck on the setting you choose at the start?

You can only lower it and you must restart the chapter you're on.

WTF ? I bought the retail PC version today. Installation time alone was about 75 minutes. And now I have to download another 6GB to run the game (DSL 2000 yeah ) ~ so in about 6 - 7 hours I can play it. I hate this shit.

It is indeed annoying but it is worth it. Patience ;)

Top Bottom