• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League : Shirts are for squares.

Shirtless Update

Dutch Goddell plays the “we beat ourselves” card

Posted by Josh Alper on November 19, 2012, 10:33 AM EST

Smiling Lollipops GM Sir Larry of Baltimore felt that the Gronk Gronks were “classless” before the start of Sunday’s game.

We imagine he holds an equally dim view of what GRONK GRONK GM Dutch Goddell had to say after the game came to an end. Goddell who spent the days leading up to the game letting the world know he disliked the entire city of Baltimore and hoping that the Lollipops would just not play, thought that the Smiling Lollipops didn’t beat the Gronks 100-90 as much as the Gronks beat themselves at the Larrydome.

“It doesn’t say much about us. I think we had opportunities today. It’s not like they came out here and just … I feel like we kind of gave it away,” Dutch said, via D. Orlando Shitmuffin of the Shirtless Journal-Constitution. “We just gave it to them. It wasn’t nothing they did. It was what we did in not cashing in on opportunities. We might play them against in three weeks and we’ll be ready. It will be at Gronktastic Field and hopefully we’ll beat them that time.”

We’ve heard this line of reasoning plenty of times before, which doesn’t make it ring any truer coming from Dutch's mouth. Every losing team in the history of fantasy football could say that they beat themselves because they obviously couldn’t do enough to win a game. The only common thread in those games is that there was another team on the field that was able to cash in on their opportunities often enough to end the game on top of the scoreboard.

The good thing for the people in Gronknation is that their GM is incredibly handsome.

Source : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/12/Dutch-Goddell-plays-the-we-beat-ourselves-card/

ChanHuk

Banned
Its okay Germans, be patient.

Images-Alison-Brie.jpg

ChanHuk

Banned
A Pro bowl kicker for a injured TE who will not play till our playoffs are over. I just want him for moral support.

And Chan/Snes, whatever your real name is, you're a cruel man!

I only bring love to Shirtless GAF. Where's that guy that sent me a page of Odette Annable gifs, he was a good guy......sorta

You're gonna be waiting awhile because nobody wants a collection of Emma Stone.

FINE ME ALL YOU WANT GODELL I SPEAK ONLY THE TRUTH

I'm not gonna fine you, it's not your fault that you are either blind or have terrible taste in women or both.

Plus Emma Stone had won every poll on the Shirtless League home page, so there.

Milchjon

After Scrolling through that for a minute or so, I'm confused.

Sometimes she looks utterly perfect.

Sometimes she looks like a toad.

Look at the EU gaining up on USA. This is racist. I demand arbitration.

You calling people racist is like Al Davis calling somebody 'a guy who really loves speedsters!'

I'm such a smooth trash talker.

Plus Milchjon is a smart guy, he knows I'm sensitive to bribes and such. -25k fine for you!

After Scrolling through that for a minute or so, I'm confused.

Sometimes she looks utterly perfect.

Sometimes she looks like a toad.

I was too fast calling you a smart guy. 50k fine.

Here I gift you a truckload of gifs and this is how you thank me.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md4uqpJogl1rikllxo1_500.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdc8nonGO81rj5js9o1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I thanked you with a -25K fine! But you just had to call her a toad...

But since I have a weakness for crappy Tumblr gifs with subtitles on them that don't match the actual gif, I'll give you another -25k fine! Which brings you back to your old total.

Milchjon

I actually haven't seen more than 2 of her movies. I think Easy A and Crazy Stupid Love are the ones I wanna see. Fuck Spiderman and all that other shit.

Greg

I'm up by a bit over 4 points, and it's Akers vs. Gould + VD

I'm doomed unless Kaepernick decides to run all game.

Godslay

Banned
I'm up by a bit over 4 points, and it's Akers vs. Gould + VD

I'm doomed unless Kaepernick decides to run all game.

VD hasn't done much lately. Plus I don't have much faith Coming to America character is good enough to put Gould into range for a field goal.

Greg

Greg!!! How dare you?!!! What could possibly give you the right?!!
I meant it was like the most truthful post of all time.

The greatest post of all time! BROWNS FOR LIFE! TRICH!

GG Greg! I told you I couldn't trust anyone from the cast of Coming to America to help Gould do his work.
I was at the bar trying to figure out how the points would've played out. Knew it was close, but I thought you had me with that pass to VD before the 4th and 1 FG.

GG - closest of the season for me.

Milchjon

I gifted Sanjuro his first win :*(

Having a team that's half Bears sucks without Cutler, but if I had remembered to put in Stephens-Howling and any kicker, I'd have won by like 2 Points

:*( :*( :*(

I'm the worst.

Sanjuro

I gifted Sanjuro his first win :*(

Having a team that's half Bears sucks without Cutler, but if I had remembered to put in Stephens-Howling and any kicker, I'd have won by like 2 Points

:*( :*( :*(

I'm the worst.

suckmahdeeeck

My team sucks. Still pissed about having my TE fleeced right out of my hands.

ChanHuk

Banned
Fine all those assholes. I'm still playing spoiler role.

Since I didn't get to buy my late grandpa an iPad like I wanted to, I got my lovely grandmother an iPad Mini. If she doesn't like it, I'll blame you Germans.

Top Bottom