• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League : Shirts are for squares.

UberTag

:jnc

I thought we had Canadians in the league.
The No Quitters GAF $$ League has at least two Canadians that I know of (including yours truly).
I submit that makes us more diverse.

I love your fine system, btw. Hilarious!

And the right call with a mistakenly dropped player is that if the team owner contacts the Commish right away about the faux-pas a redirect is fine.
Fantasy is all in good fun after all. And, occasionally, it's also about making money.

The No Quitters GAF $$ League has at least two Canadians that I know of (including yours truly).
I submit that makes us more diverse.

I love your fine system, btw. Hilarious!

And the right call with a mistakenly dropped player is that if the team owner contacts the Commish right away about the faux-pas a redirect is fine.
Fantasy is all in good fun after all. And, occasionally, it's also about making money.

I was looking at your league and saw that you had 16 players, does everybody play everbody once in your league as well? And how are your play-offs set up? I might want to have 16 players next year if possible (And if my fellow GMs agree).

I accidentally dropped Freeman instead of Ponder on my Waivers -_-

Blackghost, with my super Commish powers, I granted you back the Fatman and redirected Ponder to the waiver wire.

Still, mistakes like these can't go unpunished. $10.000 fine.

And, you are now forced to trade me Gronk for Kyle Rudolph.

REEEEEAAAAADDDDD.

UberTag

I was looking at your league and saw that you had 16 players, does everybody play everbody once in your league as well? And how are your play-offs set up? I might want to have 16 players next year if possible (And if my fellow GMs agree).
The No Quitters GAF league has 13 regular season matchups with different opponents... essentially there will be 2 owners you'll never face during the season although you may wind up meeting them in the playoffs.

Top 8 make the playoffs in that league to keep owners invested and engaged all the way through. For instance, we only have two teams mathematically eliminated at this point (one of whom is the Commissioner). Reduces the likelihood for absentee owners like Bledsoe's Bunch who thinks it's funny to start over-the-hill Randy Moss and "declared inactive due to smoking pot" Chris Givens while benching Demaryius Thomas in a given week. Granted, the fact that we're playing for substantial dollars in that league ($65 buy-in x 16 people) helps to keep people actively invested.

Win the first playoff round (in Week 14) and you make the money. Lose and it's back to the drawing board. The league employs total points scored as the tiebreaker instead of Head-To-Head matchup outcome (clearly needed due to the fact that you may be tied with someone you haven't played during the season).

The NeoGAF Economy League is also being run for far fewer jellybeans. 12-team league with teams split between 3 divisions where you'll play every team once and then two divisional rivals a 2nd time. Top 6 teams make the playoffs w/ the Top 2 teams earning a bye direct to the Week 15 semifinals.

Both leagues are currently being run on Yahoo! which, given that it practically crashed dead during last-minute lineup adjustments prior to kickoff last Sunday, might result in these leagues being switched to a different service next season.

16-team leagues are fun due to being super-deep. Drafting wisely is much more important due to positional scarcity.

The No Quitters GAF league has 13 regular season matchups with different opponents... essentially there will be 2 owners you'll never face during the season although you may wind up meeting them in the playoffs.

Top 8 make the playoffs in that league to keep owners invested and engaged all the way through. For instance, we only have two teams mathematically eliminated at this point (one of whom is the Commissioner). Reduces the likelihood for absentee owners like Bledsoe's Bunch who thinks it's funny to start over-the-hill Randy Moss and "declared inactive due to smoking pot" Chris Givens while benching Demaryius Thomas in a given week. Granted, the fact that we're playing for substantial dollars in that league ($65 buy-in x 16 people) helps to keep people actively invested.

Win the first playoff round (in Week 14) and you make the money. Lose and it's back to the drawing board. The league employs total points scored as the tiebreaker instead of Head-To-Head matchup outcome (clearly needed due to the fact that you may be tied with someone you haven't played during the season).

The NeoGAF Economy League is also being run for far fewer jellybeans. 12-team league with teams split between 3 divisions where you'll play every team once and then two divisional rivals a 2nd time. Top 6 teams make the playoffs w/ the Top 2 teams earning a bye direct to the Week 15 semifinals.

Both leagues are currently being run on Yahoo! which, given that it practically crashed dead during last-minute lineup adjustments prior to kickoff last Sunday, might result in these leagues being switched to a different service next season.

16-team leagues are fun due to being super-deep. Drafting wisely is much more important due to positional scarcity.

I kinda like that everybody plays each other once with 14 people. Maybe I just keep it at 14. We have the top 6 players making the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure Sanjuro still plays occasionally, right Sanjuro? He just didn't draft all that well, but there's always next year.

You're A wonderfull commish and I love you for this Dutch, but the only thing I'll gift you is a loss in the Playoffs Muhaha

AAAASSS LONG AS YOU LALALALA-LO-O-OVE MEEEEEEE! #BieberSwag

Btw so that everybody knows: TOP 6 MAKES THE PLAYOFFS AND THEY START IN WEEK 14! , just a reminder, because I just had to look it up as well.

My team is abysmal in this league, which sucks because I like being good at stuff.

Still have a chance of making it to the playoffs!

I had this weird vision, where I would go into the playoffs with the best record, to then lose in the Shirtless Super Bowl® sponsored by Volkswagen (German engineering at its finest) to Chan, with Eli Manning at the helm of his team.

UberTag

I just realized Big Ben is my starting QB. It's time to unleash Tim Tebow, and pray for a miracle.
I'm sure that move will work out great for you.

Here are three names available on your waiver wire that will actually get fantasy points this weekend (and beyond - Ben is missing next week, too) you can use instead:

1) Brandon Weeden - not a great matchup on the road against the Cowboys but he's at least had the bye week to gameplan; his long-term prospects are much higher including sweet matchups against the Raiders, Chiefs and Redskins down the line... although I suppose if you're planning to miss the playoffs those last two aren't going to help you.

2) John Skelton - will be playing from behind and will need to throw against the Falcons; he may not be a great option but he at least has Larry Fitzgerald to throw to.

3) Mark Sanchez - he's terrible but at least he's going to be on the field for the Jets this weekend unlike the terrible Jets QB you're starting right now.

Those 10 sucked, you're a zombie to me.

Those were all great! With all kinds of obscure Raider players and that sketchy owner you had. All custom made for you, to then say you will use then. But you never did...Not even once.

You're like Eli Manning to me. Yeah, I said it.

So this is where Ubertag went. Trying to usurp my posts in here, I see.

People, ignore what he was posted. He is the Fox News Channel of our League. Follow his advice and your team will suffer from ruin (did he honestly suggest using THE SANCHIZE?).

You want a good plugin QB, use QB Nick Foles vs. a poor Washington D.

The Shirtless League would kick the No Quitters league their asses.

tumblr_ltsm48IuPC1r53jbpo1_500.gif

Edit: which one if you motherfuckers stole Sproles from me?!

EditEdit :DAMN YOU GODSLAY! 50K fine!

Shirtless Update:

Snesfreak is tired of Dutch Godell, glad Blackghost is suing him

It should come as no surprise that Lady Brady's Army of Darkness GM ,Snesfreak, is pleased that Blackghost is suing Shirtless Commissioner Dutch Godell.

Snesfreak, who trashed Dutch Godell in an interview last year only to apologize and say his comments were way out of line, seems to agree with Blackghost's contention that Godell was way out of line in his public comments about the LBAoD 'sucking at FF' scandal. And Snesfreak thinks Blackghost's attempt to sue Godell for defamation is a “win-win,” even if it is unsuccessful.

“If [Blackghost] loses, it shows Godell does have too much power,” Snesfreak told the Berlin Tribune-Review, “and if he wins, it opens up the floodgates.”

Snesfreak said he believes the players shouldn’t have signed off on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement last year unless the commissioner’s powers had been curtailed. When the CBA was formally approved last summer, the players in LBAoD camp voted 10-6 against it, making them the only team to oppose the new CBA.

Asked if he thinks players on other teams now regret agreeing to the CBA, Snesfreak answered, “I would hope so.”

Source : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tired-of-godell-glad-Blackghost-is-suing-him/

More stories to come.

:lmao , i would so sue you too....

That would involve looking at their league. I will not stoop down to the level of a league of Gronk worshippers.

Do the both of you wanna fight?!

1340373720213.gif

what a great day that was...

If you weren't leading the Fine Ranking by a million bucks already, I would've fined you for this.

You must've lost to home handsome man if you can't remember. He probably has equal or greater swag than Mark Davis as shown above.

Damn you for making me laugh about something as serious as a FF loss! 50k fine!

TheFatOne

I'm sure that move will work out great for you.

Here are three names available on your waiver wire that will actually get fantasy points this weekend (and beyond - Ben is missing next week, too) you can use instead:

1) Brandon Weeden - not a great matchup on the road against the Cowboys but he's at least had the bye week to gameplan; his long-term prospects are much higher including sweet matchups against the Raiders, Chiefs and Redskins down the line... although I suppose if you're planning to miss the playoffs those last two aren't going to help you.

2) John Skelton - will be playing from behind and will need to throw against the Falcons; he may not be a great option but he at least has Larry Fitzgerald to throw to.

3) Mark Sanchez - he's terrible but at least he's going to be on the field for the Jets this weekend unlike the terrible Jets QB you're starting right now.

After careful consideration fuck it I'm rolling with Tebow.

balddemon

Banned
until you start him

Fantasy Science!

probably
i'm hoping thats not the case, because despite having 700 more passing yards and 12 passing TDs than rg3, ryan only has like 14 more fantasy points than him. also, RG3 plays philly once more, dallas twice, new york g, baltimore, and cleveland.

compare that to ryans schedule - tampa, no, carolina, nyg, detroit, and tampa again.

crap now that i'm actually looking at them side by side, i might have to make this into a week by week decision....

Milchjon

I fucked up and will probably end up gifting Sanjuro his first win :-/

Was on a short trip, forgot about setting up my team. Stephens-Howling got 20 on my bench, and my kicker is on a bye.

Fuck me.

Top Bottom