• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League : Shirts are for squares.

Greg

I want I full scale investagation launched on this trade. I believe a wrong was done somehow
It was fair at the time - I just had a string of bad luck that makes it look like the worst trade ever.

ActStriker had Ryan and RG3. I had Vick (who cost me with too many turnovers and was injured), and Foles (who only played a part of a game). I had some depth at RB with Spiller being the #1 in Buffalo at the time, Mendenhall was looking to be the primary guy due to some injuries, and Benson was there for a potential backup sleeper at the end of the season. Based on the averages when the trade was made, the points I gained from Ryan over Foles alone would be greater than the points lost from AP over my #2 back. And then you throw in Bradshaw who would be an upgrade over my flex - seems like a great trade!

since the trade:
Ryan played like shit
Jackson came back and got the bulk of the touches over Spiller despite playing worse
Mendenhall had a bunch of turnovers and got moved to 3rd string
Benson is ruled out for the year
Bradshaw got injured the week after
AP has two of his best games of the season

you people

It was fair at the time - I just had a string of bad luck that makes it look like the worst trade ever.

ActStriker had Ryan and RG3. I had Vick (who cost me with too many turnovers and was injured), and Foles (who only played a part of a game). I had some depth at RB with Spiller being the #1 in Buffalo at the time, Mendenhall was looking to be the primary guy due to some injuries, and Benson was there for a potential backup sleeper at the end of the season. Based on the averages when the trade was made, the points I gained from Ryan over Foles alone would be greater than the points lost from AP over my #2 back. And then you throw in Bradshaw who would be an upgrade over my flex - seems like a great trade!

since the trade:
Ryan played like shit
Jackson came back and got the bulk of the touches over Spiller despite playing worse
Mendenhall had a bunch of turnovers and got moved to 3rd string
Benson is ruled out for the year
Bradshaw got injured the week after
AP has two of his best games of the season

you people

I still love you

Haven't check the score but I already know I'm getting destroyed F my team everyones fired after this day if we lose -_-. I'm sorry believeLand

time will tell.....

I think I literally hate you

You can also just buy me a ticket from Amsterdam to Cleveland. Saves you the trouble of traveling. You might go with Greg and me to the battingcages!

Greg was the one who said yes

Greg's reasoning made somewhat sense, besides the fact that it was the best RB in the league he traded away.

Also, if you and Godslay win, we will have a Shirtless Super Bowl with the 5th and 6th seed.

Greg

You could give me and extra roster spot and fill it with AP, and I'd still lose this match against Godslay. He's killing it right now.

edit: every single person on his team has double digits - MAKE IT STOP

Looks like I'm down for the count. like Shurmer says though its not about the win, the only thing that matters is that we battled.
But act I won't forget this, you sir just made it to arch rival status. I also blame this loss on the leagues mascot Gronk for not playing. I'm a bitter bitter ghost.

Godslay

Banned
You could give me and extra roster spot and fill it with AP, and I'd still lose this match against Godslay. He's killing it right now.

edit: every single person on his team has double digits - MAKE IT STOP

GG Greg. I thought for sure I was going to lose before everything started. I gave my team the old Harbaugh rage talk before the game. Looks like it worked. Either that or pure luck.

Looks like I'm down for the count. like Shurmer says though its not about the win, the only thing that matters is that we battled.
But act I won't forget this, you sir just made it to arch rival status. I also blame this loss on the leagues mascot Gronk for not playing. I'm a bitter bitter ghost.

GG bro. I just got lucky.

Greg, you can still win if Nate Washington fumbles the ball 19 times! There is still hope!

So the Shirtless Super Bowl will be Actstriker vs. Godslay. The 5th vs. the 6th seed.

How exciting, congrats on your wins

Greg

GG Greg. I thought for sure I was going to lose before everything started. I gave my team the old Harbaugh rage talk before the game. Looks like it worked. Either that or pure luck.
Yeah, good game man. At least I got blown out and I don't have to second guess my decisions, haha.

Time to gather up the brain trust (Gruden/ jerry Jones/ and newly added mike Lombardi) and start game planning/scouting for the next draft

I decided we needed a Shirtless Record book!

Shirtless Records said:
  • Highest single fine price - $1.000.000 for Greg
    Highest score in a game - 149.84 in week 3 of Season 1 - Actstriker
    Lowest score in a game - 42.04 in week 11 of Season 1 - Fox318
    Most defenses drafted in 1 draft - 3 - Frenchie
    Most saltyness over not getting a player they really wanted - tie- Dutch Goddell with Gronk, Snes with Doug Marting
    Most 'Hunger Foul' Trophies in a season - 3 - Milchjon

More wil follow.

I'm not wearing any pants

Dammit Chan! Shirtless! Not Pantsless! It's like you're doing it on purpose!

Also, since 2 weeks, you can enter for the second season of Shirtless fantasy goodness. I hold all the rights to not accepting you, but Shirtless vets have easier access.

So far 2 spots are filled.

1. Dutch Goddell - My revenge will be Gronktastic
2. Ubertag - His title to lose already.
3. Actstriker - Shirtless Giant
4. Chan - No shirt, no pants.
5. Blackghost - Revenge is his middle name.
6. Greg - Will not trade away AP this season.
7. Godslay - More lucky than good.
8. Kave_Man - Will he add another team to his shame circle?
9. Milchjon - Fantasy Football War II

UberTag

Also, since 2 weeks, you can enter for the second season of Shirtless fantasy goodness. I hold all the rights to not accepting you, but Shirtless vets have easier access.

2. Ubertag - His title to lose already.
Still have some business to take care of over in the No Quitters league in next week's championship game.
Have to tangle with that league's all-time wins leader to bring home the title.

Once that's done it will be time to invade the league without shirts.

We're doing an online draft this time around btw! I still have nightmares.
How does an online draft give you nightmares?

How does an online draft give you nightmares?

Offline draft nightmares. The first 10 pages or so of this thread were all draftpicks, which I then had to fill in by hand, and 3/4 way in we had to reset the draft and I had to do it all again.

So I'm never doing an offline one ever again. Good luck with your big money game.

as if I haven't been already...

Once I saw Godslay put up 80 in a half, I was already down at the local goalpost practicing.

That's the kind of dedication that I like. SHIRTLESS TILL I DIE

Still have some business to take care of over in the No Quitters league in next week's championship game.
Have to tangle with that league's all-time wins leader to bring home the title.

Once that's done it will be time to invade the league without shirts.
cutler_pic_09-11_640x360_2278143037.jpg

GOOD LUCK.

Since we're already in season 2 planning mode (at least I am), what should be the thread title? Shirtless FF League Season 2 |OT| Revenge is a dish best served Shirtless?

Top Bottom