• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League : Shirts are for squares.

I'M RANKED THE BEST OF THE REST. WOOOOO.

As Milchjon pointed out to me, there are playoffs for 'the rest'. So you got yourself a bye week!

ActStriker, beat me this week and you're not allowed to play with us next year! You will be forced to wear a shirt again if you kick me out of the playoffs.

Take this, Dutch. You're my Patriots bitch for a week. Irrelevant victories FTW! :)

This means if when I beat Actstriker, I have to go up against Blackghost in the semi finals, which is perfect since I can battle Greg again in the Shirtless Super Bowl, which would be nice since I lost to Greg in week 1.

The draft was a massive pain in the butt, but so far, it all was worth it.

UberTag

If you lose this week, will it still have been worth it?

I may be the #1 seed in GAF's money league, but I'm also facing an opponent that has beaten me three consecutive times this fantasy season across two leagues and if I lose this week... having the best record in the regular season will amount to absolutely nothing.

Just ask the 11-5 Saints how it felt to lose to the 7-9 Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs back in 2010. Nobody remembers the great wins New Orleans had during that year. They just remember a team of losers that lost to a below .500 team with a -97 point differential because they had poor special teams play.

Ultimately, I'm glad I face Frankman this week because I need to prove to myself that I can defeat him this year.
If not, I might as well be the Patriots losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl again.

EDIT: Incidentally, Wrayfield is absolutely correct. Fantasy football is first and foremost about having fun. Especially in fun leagues.
Add a $$ amount to the equation and you can get ultra-competitive about it.
Which is all fine and good if your favorite team is terrible like Buffalo, Jacksonville or Philadelphia.
But if you've got a team that's competitive each season (like the Pats) don't let fantasy sour your perspective.

Wrayfield

This means if when I beat Actstriker, I have to go up against Blackghost in the semi finals, which is perfect since I can battle Greg again in the Shirtless Super Bowl, which would be nice since I lost to Greg in week 1.

I'm just like your team in real life, good in regular season, then lose in the Superbowl or Conference. I was even accused of cheating at some point :p (don't remember who it was,, and yes I know, it was a joke). :)

In all honesty, I think your first (?) FF season must've been fun. Look at me, starting strong, then losing almost everything. Jordy aside, I had hardly any significant injuries. Had to shuffle QBs a bit but it was more my decision than anything else. FF is a fickle biatch, I stopped taking it too seriously ages ago (also no more money leagues for me). As long as you play with a nice bunch of people, it is actually fun. That said, it is my last FF season throughout all leagues. That decision has been made at the beginning of the season. I just want to enjoy football w/o thinking FF points all the time. It's gotten to the point where I root for Jets players, it has to stop :D.

Good luck to everyone next week.

You're leaving the Shirtless League?! First Milchjon goes to rehab, now you are announcing your retirement?

Oh and this is my second time playing FF, but this is a lot more fun.

Wrayfield

You're leaving the Shirtless League?! First Milchjon goes to rehab, now you are announcing your retirement?

Oh and this is my second time playing FF, but this is a lot more fun.

I'm leaving FF, I hope I will always be remembered as one of the founding franchise fathers of the Shirtless Gronk Gronks who went out on a streak of undeserved victories only to fade out and barely make the playoffs.

Godslay

Banned
I'm leaving FF, I hope I will always be remembered as one of the founding franchise fathers of the Shirtless Gronk Gronks who went out on a streak of undeserved victories only to fade out and barely make the playoffs.

We should all be enshrined in the Shirtless Hall of Fame.

Since Wes is a jerk

I will shock the draft, and do what has never been done in all of fantasy.
With the 14th pick I take Jimmy Graham
With the 15th pick I take Rob Gronkowski
MuhahahahhHa I will start two TE on my way to Chamionship.
You brought this upon us Wes
YOU!

What the shit
I'm kinda like Rodgers I have a chip on my shoulders, everyone made fun of me because of my first two picks and told me I couldn't be a FF coach in this league. Look at me now !!! I want a interview on 60 minutes Bishes!

We should all be enshrined in the Shirtless Hall of Fame.

You're all in the Hall of Fame!

Of my heart <3!

Maybe I can do something with the season 2 OP. I can't wait for the second season! Application letters for people who want to play can be PM'ed to me from now on or sent per mail to the Shirtless HQ.

And BlackGhost, no interviews till the off season.

Your kicker scored 14 points, you should be quiet.

Still mad I didn't start Rudolph instead of Myers.

If I lose I still deserve a trophy because my first, second and third round picks suck. Run DMC is broken, Fitz doesn't have a QB and Nicks had been busted all year as well.

Wrayfield

Still mad I didn't start Rudolph instead of Myers.

If I lose I still deserve a trophy because my first, second and third round picks suck. Run DMC is broken, Fitz doesn't have a QB and Nicks had been busted all year as well.

It's not nice of a commissioner to win the league anyway. You should be impartial and destroy all evidence, or something like that.

Greg

You're welcome! I decided that I'm going to let you win....or something.

I will root for Actstriker to defeat you next week.

Also, I expected to see a lot of drunk posts from myself here after last night, but not a single Shirtless Gronk pic or me yelling 'GRONK GRONK'. I'm terrible, sorry guys.
I'm sure you posted them somewhere.

I'm going easy this weekend to finally set up my new PC (did that last night) and finally play some Xenoblade

Pretty much drank all weekend last weekend

I drank so much on Friday I committed a full scale holocaust on my brain cells. I've had enough for a couple of weeks.

Also, I will be visiting the movies during the games today, so I can't witness my loss to Actstriker. But whatever happens, happens and I will still somewhat like you people.

I can't open the team page, there is a glitch right? TELL ME THERE IS A GLITCH AND I SCORED MORE THAN 32 POINTS!

LOOOOOOKK AAATTT MEEE WHILST I TAAAALLLKKK TO YOOOOUUUUUU!

and not swapping out Amendola?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK! I'M FUCKING STUPID!

YOU KNOW WHO'S GOING TO PAY FOR THIS?!

everyone.gif

Top Bottom