• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

Agreed. That isn't to say I don't want the Ducktales game, but this is the one that truly has my attention.

I think the Duck Tales looks too mixed and matched right now. Like it can't decide which way it wants to go, and it's just sitting in limbo with good gameplay. This is a much more cohesive project visually and it has fitting gameplay and a theme that matches it all. A real soul, if you will.

That's how I would put it. Duck Tales lacks a soul right now.

Teppic

They should release that to the general public.
Yeah, I don't know why they haven't. They said before that a demo isn't planned until much later when the game is almost complete. But if there already is a working demo out there they could just release that. It would generate more pledges for the kickstarter.

Does your pledge only get you a PC copy?

Edit: I meant will you have the option to choose the platform you want or is it just a PC copy?

Wii U and 3DS game codes will be made available to everyone who pledges $15 or more. Upon release, you can choose (1) which version of the game you prefer: Windows PC, Wii U, or 3DS!

A quote from their Kickstarter page.

EDIT: Damn, totally beaten.

BraXzy

Man, that would be perfect for 3DS and Wii U. An actual playthrough limit like 5 or something would frustrate/hype me off the planet.

They'll obviously bring out a demo on all platforms at some point.. Or it is very likely, but the pax demo won't be on 3DS I doubt, they'll be working on that.

But yeah when the time comes I hope they don't put a really low cap because that puts people off who want a good few tries.

Sushigod7

Wow, the Best Friends video seems to have given the funding a serious bump! Smart move by Yacht Club.

Yeah man jumped like 2 grand in no time was looking at art on the page and it went way over 115 level. Awesome, now we get to vote on which knight we want to use.

Yeah man jumped like 2 grand in no time was looking at art on the page and it went way over 115 level. Awesome, now we get to vote on which knight we want to use.

I know the pace changes a lot on these things, but so far it's averaging over $5,000 a day. If this pace keeps up we should be over $150,000 (so, maybe just over playable boss #2).

Hope our video is helping! Gonna try and convince Machinima to re-air it on their main channel, so 7 million+ of their subscribers will see it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hope our video is helping! Gonna try and convince Machinima to re-air it on their main channel, so 7 million+ of their subscribers will see it.

And that's why we love you guys. Now get back to tormenting Bear Grylls! Toss 'em into the shame car. ;)

duckroll

Is this game in actual wide screen(without the 4:3 borders I've seen)?

What 4:3 borders? It's widescreen in the demo they've shown and in all screenshots I've seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsVrR5JaJU

9eac82c572bc3a498da53aeafc7b677d_large.png

5be3b96b0d880408253ead524df2b960_large.png

590c2b6cfbe1548fb8fda4fad46bcad2_large.png

duckroll

I guess I glanced at that screen shot and mistook the sides as borders some how. Thanks for clearing it up.

I kinda dig the framing in that shot. It certainly looks like there are borders, but it also gives that part of the stage a really distinct and claustrophobic look. :D

CDX

Yacht club was nice enough to send us the PAX Demo, so here's me and my dumb friend's full playthrough of it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=77elof_AZbk&

Came out pretty well!

Wow, the Best Friends video seems to have given the funding a serious bump! Smart move by Yacht Club.

It jumped $4k in the last 2.5 hrs
It's over $120,000 now, earlier tonight just a few hours ago it was at $113,000. That's great considering it was averaging $4,000-5,000 a day.

That youtube video really seems to have got a lot of backers.

I'm still hoping it can at least get to the challenge mode by the end.

If there's a good bump on the final day, it could it 200k.

This title seems like it could be a really big hit for them. It's garnered a lot of attention from the industry, and even some for how kickstarter can be used in a very positive light. If they can manage to get this project up, and bump another successful game out afterward, I feel like the doors could really swing open. More than they already have.

Instro

Been meaning to pledge on this since it started, the real decision is whether I want it on the PC or WiiU. I suppose WiiU would be better considering it will inevitably be $2 during a Steam sale and then I can just double dip.

I asked them about the demo and they had this to say:

The demo is VERY rough around the edges and honestly not ready for public consumption. We post anytime someone is streaming it via our twitter account, so if you can't get enough of the gameplay of the pridemoor level, follow us @yachtclubgames

Yazan

This looks so amazing. Actually thinking about bumping my pledge to 30 just to have to for 3ds and Wii U.

As long as it doesn't become exclusive and the game is the same everywhere, I'm down with this. Make that money, Yacht Club! Just don't fuck over your original backers.

It won't. They will probably just look into Vita and PS3/4 after the other versions are released.

zroid

Banned
I'm actually amazed. It has a really good shot at hitting 160k with the usual last minute push. A couple weeks ago it was looking like it might hit 100k at best.

TreIII

I'm actually amazed. It has a really good shot at hitting 160k with the usual last minute push. A couple weeks ago it was looking like it might hit 100k at best.

The last few days for any good Kickstarter with a good deal of media presence are usually the best to watch. Nothing generates funds faster than last minute boarders on the hype train!

I have every confidence that this could likely reach the 180,000-200,000 range six days from now.

It's averaging $5,400 a day now. At $130,000 right now with 6 days left; it should reach $160,000 without a problem... I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and see $180,000.

Top Bottom