• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

Teppic

46f691a0ed5ebccb29e2173e34a4343a_large.gif

Wooo!

Mesoian

Holy shit at the increase last night, so glad we got challenge mode.

There are so many fucking moronic comments on that vid, calling the kickstarter a scam and saying the game should be free.

Oh youtube comments.

Kind of hoping Shovel Knight does the joke of playing through the game, and at the end, the knight takes off the helmet and it's a girl, and then in genderswap mode, it's the exact opposite.

Oh youtube comments.

Kind of hoping Shovel Knight does the joke of playing through the game, and at the end, the knight takes off the helmet and it's a girl, and then in genderswap mode, it's the exact opposite.

I think it would be funny if Genderswap changes nothing except for the boss knight that doesn't wear armor.

Hero

Oh youtube comments.

I asked the devs at Pax if Shovel Knight was going to pull a Metroid/Samus at the end and they laughed (in a good way) and said they weren't planning on that.

In regards to gender swap mode, I actually brought up how Anita called out Wayforward on Double Dragon Neon and while they said they understood her viewpoint, it was a remake and it wasn't their call and that they wanted to do something at YCG to be a positive influence on women in gaming.

I guess Game Grumps, the Reddit AMA and other coverage like the D-toid stream really helped. I want to see the Kickstarter hit at least 250K before it ends.

BraXzy

Sweet that it's hit 200K, definately double dipping with 3DS and PC copies now.

Wonder what further incentives they've come up with. I wonder if they even planned past this point?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
oh god what if shovle is a subtle reference to the memes they're going to put in

I kinda hope they don't hit *too* many extra stretch goals... I would rather play the game sooner then have them bogged down developing extra features for a long time.
That being said, I'm still happy at the success the game is receiving!

duckroll

You know what I think would be cool? If they get a lot more money from this, they should really just set features aside as DLC additions which will be added post-release, free for backers, pay for everyone else.

You know what I think would be cool? If they get a lot more money from this, they should really just set features aside as DLC additions which will be added post-release, free for backers, pay for everyone else.

Now that is a great idea! Add more features without delaying the core game so we can still play it pretty soon!

MicH

That would be cool. A great way to prolong the life of the game as well. You should suggest it to them :D

They should never mention anything about it on their kickstarter page because we all know that miscommunication benefits everyone.

aww shit

this game is never coming out

Don't fret.

NOTE: This game is getting to be big! We are entirely focused on delivering the original game by our release date, including stretch goals that are core to the main game. While you’re busy/enthralled with Shovel Knight, we’ll be hard at work on the additional content and modes. As these become ready for prime time we’ll be releasing them via FREE updates! It’s like a Shovel Knight season pass, but you won’t get sick on the rides!

thefro

aww shit

this game is never coming out

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/posts/451113

NOTE: This game is getting to be big! We are entirely focused on delivering the original game by our release date, including stretch goals that are core to the main game. While you’re busy/enthralled with Shovel Knight, we’ll be hard at work on the additional content and modes. As these become ready for prime time we’ll be releasing them via FREE updates! It’s like a Shovel Knight season pass, but you won’t get sick on the rides!

So I imagine challenge mode/battle mode/playable bosses will come in free updates later. Really the first 3 stretch goals are the only things that are core to the game.

Free updates is good, but are you going to want to go back to Shovel Knight for things like challenge mode or four player battle mode weeks or months afterwards? Not trying to be negative here, but I'm going to want to digest this game as a cohesive whole and not in chunks.

MicH

Man, I would just LOVE having all bosses playable in the battle mode. Too bad that is very unlikely to happen. Couldn't really care less for the box, but another playable boss is pretty damn cool. I hope we reach that goal. Can't wait to see who the first are!

Free updates is good, but are you going to want to go back to Shovel Knight for things like challenge mode or four player battle mode weeks or months afterwards? Not trying to be negative here, but I'm going to want to digest this game as a cohesive whole and not in chunks.

Well, you can't have it both ways. Do you want the game at the promised release date? Or do you wanna wait for additional/modes extras when they can just deliver the main game as promised?

ZeroGravity

Well you could always wait until all the updates are out.

Top Bottom