• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight (PC/WiiU/3DS) Kickstarter by Yacht Club Games [Complete, ~$310K]

The 24hr marathon stream just went live
And here is the marathon schedule (PST):

8pm - 12am - SNES time!
Mega Man X
Sunset Riders
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Tetris Attack
+Super Mario Kart

12am - 4am NES Time!
Mega Man 5
Contra
Wizards and Warriors
Super Mario Bros. 2
Codename:Viper
Ninja Gaiden

4am - 8am - PC Time
SimCity 2013
Jamestown
Mega Man 7 demake
FTL
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Demo
Mega Man 8 demake

8am - 12pm - Request Time
We’ll play anything we have! Request it!

12pm - 4pm - Xbox 360/PS3 Time
Spelunky
Double Dragon Neon
Mega Man 9
Bloodrayne: Betrayal
Dark Souls
Street Fighter X Tekken

4pm - 8pm - NES Lives! Shovel Knight Inspiration Time!
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Castlevania
Zelda II - FDS version
Shovel Knight PAX Demo

Eusis

What they could do, too late for the kickstarter though, is partner up with someone who makes custom NES cartridge things and make a fake NES cart with Shovel Knight art.

I've seen some that act as USB hard drives so it could even have the game on them. This looks like they just mod existing carts though, would probably make more sense to find someone to manufacture (3D print?) new ones.

il_570xN.402414584_41et.jpg
That WOULD be neat as a high end reward, and about as close as you can get short of just making it a case for a CD or whatever. Or at least make it Famicom size, both are kind of excessive for USB flash storage but the NES moreso. Doing that route would require a mock Japanese label too though.

Forkball

Kinda bummed that the Wii U and 3DS versions are more expensive than the Steam one, I would prefer to play it on my 3DS. The game looks like a lot of fun though and I'm glad to see so many people have backed it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Kinda bummed that the Wii U and 3DS versions are more expensive than the Steam one, I would prefer to play it on my 3DS. The game looks like a lot of fun though and I'm glad to see so many people have backed it.

The final price is supposed to be the same over all platforms, I think, they're just charging extra for the download code rewards because the devs can't just give away Wii U/3DS download codes for free, there's a cost attached to them by Nintendo.

CoolS

I'd love to back this but since I'm in Europe I don't know if this will release at the same time or if it will take a lot longer.. So I'll probably just get it when it's finally out.

I'm not entirely sure of the full details, but apparently indie games that are voted on enough are eventually listed on the Steam store.

SmokeMaxX

If people keep bumping this as it winds down, I'll probably back it for a WiiU version in about 10 hours. On the fence and about to take a nap.

you people might kill me with fire but...

this game looks like fucking shit. why you people are exciting about this ?

there are many better WII U games. why we are playing 8bit shit on the most advanced console currently on the market ?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

there are many better WII U games. why we are playing 8bit shit on the most advanced console currently on the market ?

You're an idiot

serplux

are you actually comparing me saying the game look like shit to saying a person is an idiot ?

since when having personal thoughts on a game graphics wise justify other people to cuss ?

Uhh...

are you actually comparing me saying the game look like shit to saying a person is an idiot ?

since when having personal thoughts on a game graphics wise justify other people to cuss ?

The dictionary is your friend:

cuss (kʌs)
Informal.
v.i.
1. to use profanity; curse; swear.

Intentionally trying to shit up a thread with inflammatory language and then catching feelings when someone calls them names must be some new sport I haven't heard of.

noffles

Banned
yeah. i find it pointless. i just PMed a mod about it. the rest is up to them.,

cussing a game is ok as far as i know. cussing people isnt. period.

I was telling you to give up with this little tirade.

If you don't like the game, don't shit on everyone else's dinner and then moan when we don't want shit on our dinner. Go elsewhere.

Gbraga

I can't believe they might actually make it to $300k! Oh my god <3

Can't wait for this game.

And what did they do to you jett? You don't have your tag anymore and your avatar is all happy. Did Derrick dethrone you?

batbeg

yeah. i find it pointless. i just PMed a mod about it. the rest is up to them.,

cussing a game is ok as far as i know. cussing people isnt. period.

In case you want to know where you went wrong:

+ Your first post amounted to nothing, seemingly derisively dismissing all retro/8-bit/16-bit indie games as "fucking shit" because they're not taking full advantage of, er, " the most advanced console currently on the market".

+ Your claim of there being better Wii U games to play is kind of tenuous, besides subjective and ignore the obvious point that not everyone likes/hates what you like/hate. Also, hey? This is coming out on multiple platforms. Woah!

+ Your next reply is "fu lol" which I guess is how the kids are spelling "fuck you" these days?

+ Your next reply is talking about how you're going to report a member for cussing, which they didn't do, but you sure as shit did

+fuckcuntbuttshitcockslut <--- We can do this on here!

I don't know, I could go on, but I wanted to get you started on the path of finding out what went wrong.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Just ignore him. I think the game looks good, but I'm not sure if it's going to meet the $300K it needs for the best mode. I can't tell which version I want to get. 3DS seems good for the pick up and play style, but Wii U might be good for the battle mode, plus off screen.

Just keep posting, keep the topic near the top.

Game lineup on the stream looks really good but I don't feel like watching it for some reason.

batbeg

Anyway, I just put down $60 on this. Officially my first kickstarter! However - how do I specify which version I want to download? Or is that done later down the line?

Top Bottom