• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Story Trailer+ New Gameplay

Jesb

It looks solid actually. But to be honest I never really found the game fun when you had to face an enemy. Never cared for the enemy designs, and the combat has always felt like it’s not a strong point to the series. Atmosphere is looking great though.

sachos

Graphics and atmosphere look really good. What i can't get used to is the way the model looks from behind and the hair glowing. Its so distracting. Hope they can fix that and the rest of the jank.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
She's looking at James standing up when he's asking for answers . Looks perfectly fine in the full cutscene . That one single expression is already superior to the one shown by Bloober
giphy.gif

This is better too, which is weird because this part I thought they would have nailed.

Rickyiez

giphy.gif

This is better too, which is weird because this part I thought they would have nailed.
This is infinitely superior . Team Silent has real talent in making facial expressions , talents that not every dev can achieve even with modern engine and techs

tumblr_n8empdOVp81qel2lbo4_500.gifv

2964ea52dc29fb31be3c1236a426955b22c62290_128.gif

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is infinitely superior . Team Silent has real talent in making facial expressions , talents not every dev can achieved even with much more modern engine and techs

tumblr_n8empdOVp81qel2lbo4_500.gifv

2964ea52dc29fb31be3c1236a426955b22c62290_128.gif
They did it by hand as well.
No mocap
But I have to admit, some parts with James in the new trailer is very good, Maria just seems to be lacking.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

They added the animation when James picks up objects, this was missing in previous footage, and the director said that it was a compromise between realism and the flow of the game! Now however is better! Thanks Blooper team ! Maybe they also added the animation of James reaching out to open the drawers, because in the latest gameplay footage, the drawers open themselves without him touching them, and it's very annoying in a realistic game like this! I hope they will fix it as well! Please!!! ❤️❤️❤️

finalflame

I never in my life played a Silent Hill game nor do I know anything about them. Can I just pick up and play this game when it comes out, and be likely to have a good time without understanding decades of SH history and lore?

Or do I, at a minimum, have to go find some way to play the first one?

Last edited:

RaduN

I never in my life played a Silent Hill game nor do I know anything about them. Can I just pick up and play this game when it comes out, and be likely to have a good time without understanding decades of SH history and lore?

This is a standalone story. No need for previous knowledge.

They added the animation when James picks up objects, this was missing in previous footage, and the director said that it was a compromise between realism and the flow of the game! Now however is better! Thanks Blooper team ! Maybe they also added the animation of James reaching out to open the drawers, because in the latest gameplay footage, the drawers open themselves without him touching them, and it's very annoying in a realistic game like this! I hope they will fix it as well! Please!!! ❤️❤️❤️
The game looks honestly amazing. If this gets a decent Pro patch it might be the first game i buy after the Pro.

makaveli60

You absolutely can. I think you can fully enjoy and understand the main story and if you want to know more about Silent Hill itself you can play the other games/read/watch videos about the lore, it won’t mess up anything. At least this is how I remember.

Top Bottom