• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - a new Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays (S2 full trailer is up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoze

Ehh still not sure how I feel about this. The scenes with Peter Gregory and Bighead in the room were great, the rest of the time it felt like they ran "you gotta be an asshole" into the ground and none of it was really funny. I'll keep watching though.

Leunam

The reasoning for not going to strip joints is exactly the same argument for why one of my friends doesn't go with friends. I think it came from Gilfoyle.

Great ending to ramp up the tension. I wonder if Pied Piper is going to be the focus for the entire show or just this season.

Really enjoying this so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really don't know how I feel about the Mass Effect joke. I hope it's just a case of the script being written 2 years ago.

Kyuur

Second episode even better than the first. I really hate Bachman though, the character is just so annoying and not funny. The rest of the cast is amazing though.

Leunam

Maybe the ending was originally so bad that the memory still lives on. There's no expiration date for metaphors.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
After the second episode I'm definitely hooked. Not finding it as funny as Office Space, KotH or Idiocracy, but it's funny enough and In Mike Judge I Trust. Really don't care for the main character at all though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm hooked and I like the main character. I think I sympathize though because I have mental health issues.

The interviews were funny as fuck each trying to one up each other and throw Big Head under the bus. LOL

I semi hated the whole Peter Greggory thing at the beginning if only because it wasn't like he had actually bought into the company yet to get to know everything.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
After the second episode I'm definitely hooked. Not finding it as funny as Office Space, KotH or Idiocracy, but it's funny enough and In Mike Judge I Trust. Really don't care for the main character at all though.
Everyone seems to forget his post KotH cartoon. Don't worry, I don't remember what it was called either. lol

The Mass Effect joke was lost on me since I know absolutely nothing about it other than its a video game.
All you really need to know was that it was bad. I wonder how BioWare peeps feel about being a punching bag on an HBO show though.

big_z

first episode was bad enough that I was set to write the show off but this episode turned my opinion around, it was good. I still don't like the curly haired douche but hopefully his character becomes likeable soon.

I don't understand why they didn't call t-bagging by its real name. they reference the mass effect 3 ending and are on HBO so what the hell.

golem

Second episode even better than the first. I really hate Bachman though, the character is just so annoying and not funny. The rest of the cast is amazing though.

Yeah I hope Bachman makes a turn or gets written off. Just annoying.

Pretty good episode. Not sold on the show yet, but it's definitely got potential.

Hope the main guy gets more of a personality soon. The cast chemistry seems a little off, maybe when that gets stronger I'll care about him more.

Linius

Was a fine episode. The post man joke was good. And I like that they introduced the tech war we got coming, brings some tension to the table.

Mass Effect joke was incredible (probably why the Docs left Bioware, I'm sure the script at least has been going around for a while), but this episode wasn't as strong as the pilot, until the end though. Really happy to see there's going to be a very strong plot driving the series.

Peter Gregory turning to his assistant and talking like the guys from Pied Piper weren't in the room was great. I really like his character.

Tucah

you speak so well
Better episode this week. The cast still needs to gel a bit but it's solid so far, the setup of a war between the startup and the tech giant is promising and it was just an altogether funnier episode than the premiere. TJ Miller doesn't do much for me here but I've always found him hit or miss so that's not shocking. It's been a pretty good start to the show, hope it can live up to its potential and continue to get better.

Ok, the Mass Effect joke sealed it for me. This isn't a show that assumes it's audience is dumb, this is one good show and I'm sticking by it.

Particulam

Neo Member
This has my attention, looks promising =)

Anyhow, does anyone know the song playing in the trailer around 20 sec in ? It drives me crazy that I can't remember were it's from (a game maybe?)...

Phoenix

The thing that I like the most about this show is that it is all sooooooo familiar. So many things they are doing are things I did when I baked my first startup (i.e. check made to the business and not having an account for the business). It gives me a chance to laugh at a lot of crazy shit that I did.

Juz

I'm liking this show so far.

Richard hasn't really impressed me yet though. The other guys are all pretty great.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's been alright so far, reminds me of How to Make It in America but with nerds.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ok, the Mass Effect joke sealed it for me. This isn't a show that assumes it's audience is dumb, this is one good show and I'm sticking by it.
I don't know. It's the equivalent of making a "He's so worthless, he makes Phantom Menace look like a good Star wars film" joke or something.

Between "John Wayne in a mansion" and the Mass Effect 3 dig, I'm most likely going to keep watching.

Also the business consultant dude looks like Evilore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom