• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

I'm so happy this is finally coming out on consoles, should help what little scene the game has here.

Also, does anyone want to play in like an hour? Haven't really played in forever besides a couple of matches last week.

I'm going to blame you for this:

1496637_10152146077256855_816585624_n.jpg

Oh my god.

...New avatar?

I took the liberty of preparing it for you Ravi, no need to thank me

tumblr_n0nlwc0RCX1qhhv13o1_100.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually, no - found out today that this isn't how it'll work.

Everyone that purchased the original version will receive an XMB message containing a voucher for a free copy of Skullgirls Encore. Clicking the link will redeem the voucher and take them to the Skullgirls Encore store page to download it.

This is actually a lot better than the behind-the-scenes entitlement, so we're really appreciative of Sony setting this up for us.

Ahh sweet!

Mr. X

Actually, no - found out today that this isn't how it'll work.

Everyone that purchased the original version will receive an XMB message containing a voucher for a free copy of Skullgirls Encore. Clicking the link will redeem the voucher and take them to the Skullgirls Encore store page to download it.

This is actually a lot better than the behind-the-scenes entitlement, so we're really appreciative of Sony setting this up for us.

This'll also be beneficial for those who bought it and haven't played it in a long time to come back and see what's new.

Ravidrath

This'll also be beneficial for those who bought it and haven't played it in a long time to come back and see what's new.

Yeah, hence why this is the better option than a silent entitlement - it actively tells everyone to go get their upgrade.

What happens if someone's mail inbox is full?

BTW I'd encourage anyone who hasn't to check out the Under The Bridge stage as they added the NPCs. Stanley is amazing. I hope that if SG development somehow keeps going after Beowulf ships, we see him and the other awesome character designs as characters. :)

I can't wait to download Skullgirls Encore tomorrow! Finally get to try out Squigly. Which is just amazing, and then with Big Band to hopefully hit March.

Things are looking pretty damn great again. Heh. ^^

Ravidrath

Hey Ravi,

I second what the guy in the psblog comments said. Release the skullgirls avatars please!

We will, but I'm told it's a really awful and time-consuming process, because Japan has to sign off on all of them.

I'm also concerned that the avatar specs have changed since we made them.

...Then, there's the issue that we have 80, and PSN only allows 10 a month.

Ravidrath

So I talked to Sony, and they said that the XMB message would go out tonight around 9-10 PST.

It was originally scheduled for last night, but the system can only send out vouchers for games that are already published. So we missed that.

And the XMB broadcasts always happen at this time, so it's not possible to change that.

Sorry for the unexpected additional wait.

Cassen

Neo Member
Just to clarify, an XMB message is like a Friend Request or a friendly message you get in your message box in your PS3, correct?

So I talked to Sony, and they said that the XMB message would go out tonight around 9-10 PST.

It was originally scheduled for last night, but the system can only send out vouchers for games that are already published. So we missed that.

And the XMB broadcasts always happen at this time, so it's not possible to change that.

Well, it's no plane crashing into Sony's servers, but I guess this still sorta kinda technically counts as part of the "Skullgirls curse" :V

onionfrog

Dang, that's midnight eastern time :/
Oh well, I've waited this long, I can wait another day for it.

Thanks for the heads up Ravi

Judging from the Demo's download size encore seems to only take up half the disc space that the old version did. That's pretty cool!

onionfrog

Also downloaded the trial and DLC ahead of time, in case that's a problem
I don't think that would be an issue. I checked my ps3 today and got the message with the download code.

I was able to upgrade straight from the demo to the full game too.
:)
Of course I had to go to work so I haven't had a chance to play it yet...

Ravidrath

I sent an e-mail to Sony checking up on this, since right now it seems like a vast majority of our users haven't gotten their codes yet.

Sorry for the inconvenience - this is out of our hands, but I'll keep at it until everything's resolved.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nothing for me either. Glad to see I'm not the only one. :/

Might have to do something crazy like play this on PC!

El Sloth

Banned
From the SG Facebook page:

Good morning, everyone! We understand that quite a few people still have not received their vouchers for their upgrade to ‪#‎Skullgirls‬ Encore.

First, some clarification: the vouchers being sent out are for the US PSN version only. We'll have news on the EU PSN version, the JP PSN version, and the 360 version soon. The US PSN version was the first to make it through the approval process.

Second, we sincerely apologize for the delay in receiving the vouchers. We are trying to get word from Sony on the status of the messages. There are several thousands of them that are being sent out, and we don't know how long it's supposed to take for all of them to reach their destination. We are told that this is only the second time Sony has ever done anything like this.

Lastly, because Sony is sending the vouchers out, we unfortunately don't have a way to check on the status of individual vouchers, and have no way to speed up the distribution process.
A number of us at the office still haven't receive ours either.

If we receive any word from Sony regarding the situation, we'll post about it here on our page and on our twitter account: @Skullgirls

For those wondering, we would have loved to submit a patch update instead, but since we switched publishers, it wasn't possible to do so with the way PSN is set up.

We are sorry for any frustration or inconvenience caused.

i-Jest

I'm Canadian so am I included with the U.S. group? We supposedly share the PSN store with the Americans but I haven't gotten my voucher yet.

Top Bottom