• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How much longer til Big Band is in his final release status? I wanna find some solid BnB's with him after he's out.

Just for them to get nerfed a few weeks later :D

I'm pretty sure Mike said a few weeks ago that his attacks are what they are going to be, as in they're all properly implemented. But of course, they're always subject to change. The only thing holding him up from being introduced in the game proper is art and story mode.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm pretty sure Mike said a few weeks ago that his attacks are what they are going to be, as in they're all properly implemented. But of course, they're always subject to change. The only thing holding him up from being introduced in the game proper is art and story mode.
Hmm guess I'll hit up the beta soonish then

And the new schedule. I believe they are delaying BB being implemented completely on PC as they want to bring him out simultaneously on all three platforms, which will be a little while given they still actually need to release on two PSN stores and XBL.

Beats

Good games man. I was pretty happy about that comeback where I had a pixel of life left with Squigly. I should probably find some new mixups/resets for my team or at least not try the same ones over and over. >.<

You're thinking of finding new resets and I'm just here like "resets, what's that?" lol

Well, not exactly like that but resets done on purpose were rare. I dropped my Fillia bnb a lot but I was pretty happy when 90% of it ended up hitting.

Honestly I would've kept on going if my mother hadn't kicked me off the ps3.

About your mixups, hmm...personally I think you should switch Squiggly's assist to 2HP since it gives you lockdown/left-right/high-low with Fillia, but I guess it's a matter of which hitbox you prefer the assist have.

MegamanDan

Neo Member
Hey guys, Danny from Eighty Sixed here. I had an account here for a while and didn't realize the SG scene here until my partner pointed out that through google analytics, Neogaf sends a lot of traffic to our store.

So I wanted to, first of all, say thank you guys for supporting SG and the FGC by contributing to the forums, posting videos, buying the game, buy merchandise, etc. As you may know, my main fighting game at the moment is SG and before I created Eighty Sixed Inc. I was huge into the FG scene. I come from XMvSF to MvC1 to MvC2 and picked SG over MvC3 just because of playability factors. Plus I've known Mike for probably around 10 years and having the same playstyle as him, thought SG was the right game for me.

I just wanted to clear some things up because I have been getting quite a bit of emails the past month about SG and our involvement.

1. MashOn is no way related to Eighty Sixed. When MO went down, we got emails asking about orders and what to do. We forwarded most of those emails to Lab Zero because they handled any issues that were taking place. Eighty Sixed is still around and still very much selling SG merchandise. Rest assured, we won't be going anywhere

2. We do give a portion of all sales to Lab Zero to help continue the funding of SG. So if you ever want to show some way to help them out and you already bought the game with all the DLCs your heart can handle, buy some merchandise! :D

3. If you want to draw for us or submit designs, we do pay every designer $100 cash (check, paypal) and $50 in store credit to pick up your design (if you are the selected winner) plus whatever else you want. Some artists have won so many weekly contests, we actually hired them as a 'sub-contractor' and work on other cool stuff we do.
Here are the guidelines:
We are taking submissions every week for your Skullgirls Tees at info@eightysixed.com.

1. Artwork must be created in a photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Our team works with these softwares and we don't really wish to learn any new ones.

2. Artwork must have high resolution - 300DPI or higher is preferred. You want your art to look good on a shirt don't you?

3. Artwork must be on a transparent background. If you're using photoshop, make the background color a different layer.

4. We prefer RGB colors over CMYK. You can send either or, but just letting you know what our preference is.

5. Size your artwork to print. 12.75 inches maximum width, 20 maximum height.

If you have any questions for me about the game or Eighty Sixed, I will be frequenting these forums on a daily basis so just post up! Thank you guys for your support.

PS.
For those of you who order shirts and type a funny request in the comment box, keep it up :D We love fulfilling all those requests and try to keep making them harder and funnier!

MC Peanuts destroyed me with his Peacock/BigBand/Squigly team. I could not take a match from him, the beat by was almost 20. I quit this game and start an e-sport career in Dota 2. Farewell skullgirls, I loved you so much.

He made me feel that Peacock mixups are more dangerous than Vergil in UMVC3. And he is so smart it's disgusting. He killed me a lot with a DHC from Squigly (note upside her) to Big Band rush super. This one pushes you back right into the note to finish the job. :'(

Nooooooooooooo...!

Le sadness.

Galdelico

Is today the day for Europe? Yay?

310b1db879608ed50c963f49e818a145.gif

Sooooo...is there a way to search my PS3 messages for the hypothetical coupon? Apparently PS4 chat rooms are recorded as individual PMs on the PS3. I have like 300 PMs I would have to go through to find the Encore coupon. Any advice?

Beats

Sooooo...is there a way to search my PS3 messages for the hypothetical coupon? Apparently PS4 chat rooms are recorded as individual PMs on the PS3. I have like 300 PMs I would have to go through to find the Encore coupon. Any advice?

I don't think there's a way to search, but the little folder icon on the left of the message has a paper clip attached to it which makes it stick out when scrolling through messages.

I don't think there's a way to search, but the little folder icon on the left of the message has a paper clip attached to it which makes it stick out when scrolling through messages.
Ah, I didn't know there was an attachment! That will help a lot, thank you.

Edit: what date should have I have gotten it on? I looked through over 1000 PMs and don't see it.

Ravidrath

Neat BigBand book thing!

New Stage in Beta!
Looking forward to hearing the music in this one, right now it's placeholder.

Yeah, so the issue here is that Big Band's (amazing) theme took twice as long as usual, so we're behind on music.

We've decided that we need to prioritize "real" content over "bonus" content, and so this stage probably won't be getting its own theme until Beowulf's patch.

Yeah, so the issue here is that Big Band's (amazing) theme took twice as long as usual, so we're behind on music.

We've decided that we need to prioritize "real" content over "bonus" content, and so this stage probably won't be getting its own theme until Beowulf's patch.
Real content = characters and nothing else, right?

Neat BigBand book thing!

New Stage in Beta!
Looking forward to hearing the music in this one, right now it's placeholder.

It looks awesome I love it.

Real content = characters and nothing else, right?

If I had to guess, I'd assume the priority is characters>story mode>stages needed for story mode>music for story stages>not-story mode stages>music for those stages>others

At this point I wish they would focus as much as possible on characters. The game needs them.

Save more stages and story mode stuff for Skullgirls 2. It would be a great selling point for it over the original.

Save more stages and story mode stuff for Skullgirls 2. It would be a great selling point for it over the original.

Yeah except they kinda already promised the backers that they'd do them so it's not an option at all.

The DLCs are meant to be character+story mode, so at the very least those are the things they have to prioritize.

Top Bottom