• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slate : Was a Trump Server Communicating With Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathian

Banned
Feels like at this point both sides are slinging shit to try and keep their side ahead. Clinton wants to muddy Trump and move the story on from her - Trump wants to keep the word email in whatever story he can.

This seems really light not a sign of much; I mean he does have business ties to Russia and that's not actually a crime.

Needs a bit more and I'm just very dubious now that the Democrat reaction to anything is to shout Russia clearly because they think it works on the doorstep.

blackjaw

What the hell is so technical about Trump being in bed with Russia lol?

Don't worry I'll eat my words as soon as it's headlined on a mainstream media source (CNN,msn, fox, etc).

Start talking networks and proxies etc and most people just blank stare and move on with their day.

kirblar

How much bad is this
Even worse than we thought the worst could be bad.
Feels like at this point both sides are slinging shit to try and keep their side ahead. Clinton wants to muddy Trump and move the story on from her - Trump wants to keep the word email in whatever story he can.

This seems really light not a sign of much; I mean he does have business ties to Russia and that's not actually a crime.

Needs a bit more and I'm just very dubious now that the Democrat reaction to anything is to shout Russia clearly because they think it works on the doorstep.
No. There is no equivalence here- Trump's hugely problematic ties to Russia have been a major issue for months. This is not a story just being circulated to mudsling.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Um if you Google Russia, manafort and Trump you will have terabytes of stuff to get caught up on.

joebruin

Don't worry I'll eat my words as soon as it's headlined on a mainstream media source (CNN,msn, fox, etc).

Start talking networks and proxies etc and most people just blank stare and move on with their day.

War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines

royalan

A bit more? Have you not been paying attention. This is but one of MANY bits of evidence of Trump's strange connections to Russia. In a vacuum MAYBE you'd have a point, here...

This is big.

You can literally say the same about the e-mail situation, but that hasn't stopped discussion of it going forever and ever. I'm not saying this will be a headlining story, but saying it's too complicated to be is pretty tone deaf

giga

ICYMI, these are excerpts from his speech yesterday and today.

nMGawqn.png

Izvjpyq.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
kind of amazing anyone with IT experience would be so careless having clear identifying links with communication

This is concrete evidence that something incredibly weird was going on and more than enough to open an investigation (which has already occurred.)
You can open the investigation but you are not gonna find anything conclusive if someone from the inside doesn't provide it before it inevitably gets deleted.
They opened an investigation on Hillary's emails as well and couldn't find anything they could use to press charges.
Who has the authority to take away Trumps security briefing access?
I am pretty sure their not providing him with anything classified after he gave away secret info on the Iran deal.

Pretty easy to spot the Russian operatives in this thread.

I keed, I keed... maybe?

kind of amazing anyone with IT experience would be so careless having clear identifying links with communication

Is it that hard to believe? Trump is so arrogant that he can't help but put his name on everything.

Strange how skeptical you always seem in regards to Trump being a fucking disaster.

In all seriousness, someone said that after this whole email thing that it is time for a Trump scandal and this went up right on schedule. Amazing.

Lowmelody

welp theres the smoking gun.

it may take some time but there is enough thread to pull to take down Trump for this. He will be on borrowed time after he loses the election, legally speaking. Especially considering how the republican party will be in full scapegoat mode where they all pretend they didn't support Trump anyways and will be after Trump's blood along with everyone else he stepped on in his life. He will have absolutely no one left and he is going down.

In all seriousness, someone said that after this whole email thing that it is time for a Trump scandal and this went up right on schedule. Amazing.

Would it shock you if there were dozens of Trump scandal stories in a holding pattern waiting to press? I kind of imagine the DNC chair just spinning a rolodex and pressing her finger down on the one they want released on whatever day.

I completely believe it

But.

How do they know the traffic patterns ? the would require investigators compromise something en-route, or a Trump machine is using a DNS service they have full access to. For example, google knows WAY too much about everyone from offering their tempting 8.8.8.8 address. But where in the network are the investigators able to tap? I'm a little confused about how this went down.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Prediction: This will be waved off because he's not in a government position yet, so it's not important. Then back to Hillary's mate's uncle's mum's emails.

Kathian

Banned
There's a reason folk are jumping in a any story just now. There's clearly a feeling on both sides they need to knock the other side out. Everyone is so terrified of the other candidate they want to jail them for dubious reasons just so their candidate walks the election.

It's all a bit silly. Trump is not running because the Russians asked him to. I can't be bothered even having that argument. He's a nationalist old baby boomer and his ego is so great he thinks he's Americas Messiah.

His candidacy fits Putin as America is painted as unreliable; alien and irrational. Ultimately Trump is a nationalist and his supporters will speak well of Putin until there is a confrontation more directly with US interests.

Like with the Comey stuff. If Trump were a Putin surrogate he'd be in jail (the idea the director of the FBI is keeping this quiet because of Republican Economic policies is just nutter talk); they have a mutual interest and both are benefiting the other but there is not a direct relationship.

I mean it's the height of conspiracy to think Russia has such a better image of American politics that they identified and backed Trump. I mean Trumps spent fuck all - we've had threads and threads mocking him for this but now he's campaign is being patrolled by Russia?

I just think the whole thing is guff. The Putin attack line is just the ISIS recruitment attack line but it's stuck so their keeping at it.

This whole fucking election has been folk attacking Trump in all the wrong places. Least the fact hrs a sexual harrasser made it easy for people.

On Russia? Trumps policies will strengthen Russia's hand against future US governments. Does the same thing but your not neck deep trying to directly connect Trump to Putin. It's the end effect that's important here. Not the motivation. Fucking done.

Henkka

Banned
This sounds pretty bad, especially the part about it resembling something a crime syndicate would set up.

Hope it sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom