• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

So this patch removes the ability to mix and match preset outfits? Are you fucking kidding me? And don't give me that "copyright infringement" bullshit you guys spouted in the official forums. This essentially means that, if we want that fucking pre-order SWAT dlc to work properly, we have to forgo this very useful option? Bravo.

Fucking fantastic "improvements", I must say. The assault rifle you get with the tactical soldier pack can't even be used now unless you equip the outfit. Previously, it was placed in your apartments. But apparently, having more choice is a bad thing. And the removal of the mixing and matching system for preset outfits means you can't even wear the soldier outfit without that stupid fucking balaclava.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the High Roller DLC unlocks a suit that you're normally meant to unlock in the game after a certain mission. But for some reason, it doesn't actually unlock, meaning you'll lose it if you change outfits without saving it first as a custom outfit. When I tried out the patch, the suit had been replaced by Wei's default outfit. Thanks so much, UFG.

Think I'll be sticking with the unpatched version of the game. Don't really give a shit if I miss out on an extra pistol and some minor tweaks.

Hey everyone, we released a new Title Update for Sleeping Dogs on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 today. Please find the release notes below.

Sleeping Dogs – Console v 1.2 Release Notes

• General code stability fixes like crashes and resource issues
  • UI improvements
    • The ability to launch the DLC store from anywhere the infoticker is visible (including in-game in the wardrobe, vendors, etc)
    • The option to disable aim-assist
    • The option to disable in-world GPS arrows when navigating to a destination
  • Localization/text fixes
  • Other community requests
    • Slightly extended daytime
    • Decreased camera shake when driving at high speeds

Once downloaded, future DLC packs (including the *free* Ghost Pig DLC) will add the remaining:

• World art issues (especially where the player can fall out of world)
  • Script fixes
  • Combat and driving-related fixes
  • The unlocking of the gold .40cal pistol after completing the main game
  • The unlocking of the Supercharged Cop Car and SWAT outfit for owners of the Police Protection Pack

As noted above, this also paves the way for the P.P.P. fix, allowing that add-on pack's car and outfit to be available in free roam. That fix will be available from Tuesday/Wednesday next week as part of the 100% free Ghost Pig add-on pack.

More info on the Ghost Pig Pack will be coming on Monday 29th October.

Ghost Pig? lol

DenisQc

http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3457

The Sleeping Dogs 1.7 update will be going live on Steam today. This update closely mirrors that of the recent console update and adds support for the Nightmare in North Point DLC in addition to several bug fixes and a few new features.

Feature Updates
* Aim-assist Option - A new option exists in the Game & Controls menu to enable/disable the auto-aim feature that assists the player in locking onto enemies while using guns.

* .40Cal Gun Unlock - Upon completing the main story missions and returning to any safehouse, the Golden .40Cal pistol will be available.

* Increased Daytime - Daytime should now last noticeably longer, but night time duration should remain the same (increasingly the real-time duration of the in-game 24hr cycle).

* Disable GPS Arrows Option - A new option exists in the Game & Controls menu to disable the in-world GPS arrows that indicate where to turn when navigating to a destination.

* In-game DLC Store Access - Wherever the user can see the infoticker while in-game (wardrobe, clothing & vehicle stores, garage, pause menu) there will be a button callout to open the Steam DLC store in-game.

* New Super-SWAT Outfit and Supercharged Police Cruiser unlocks – For owners of the Police Protection Pack, the Super-SWAT outfit and the supercharged police cruiser vehicle will become available. Owners of the Dragon Master Pack will receive this as well.

Thrakier

How in the WORLD did they make the game to perform EVEN WORSE on daylight settings? This is insane. Even with moderate settings I'm below 60FPS all the time when driving.

daxy

Sleepy Dogs is being weird. I noticed a new quest about finding some supercar which led me through a series of odd objectives involving Tang, where he didn't speak at all and only got in my car and had me drive to a couple of markers. The strangest thing is that at some point all traffic disappeared and I'm getting the craziest mission completion headers ($OVERLAY_GHOST_MISSION_COMPLETE_UPPERCASE). I broke the game :p

http://i.minus.com/j9ZBrDJOaHEhw.png

The final mission marker is called Race to the Death, but when I get there (Victoria Peaks) nothing happens.

Monkeythumbz

Communications Manager, nDreams
Fucking fantastic "improvements", I must say. The assault rifle you get with the tactical soldier pack can't even be used now unless you equip the outfit. Previously, it was placed in your apartments. But apparently, having more choice is a bad thing. And the removal of the mixing and matching system for preset outfits means you can't even wear the soldier outfit without that stupid fucking balaclava.
That's not been my experience, Dick. The Assault Rifle is still there in my safehouse regardless of whether I'm wearing the Tactical Soldier outfit or not. On which platform are you playing?

Darkone

I installed update 1.6, does it come with the High resolution pack?

Is there a way to know if the High resolution pack installed?

daxy

I installed update 1.6, does it come with the High resolution pack?

Is there a way to know if the High resolution pack installed?

I assume it's like Skyrim's texture pack where if you've got the DLC registered to your account it will always automatically download it. Right click the game (in Steam), go to properties, and then check the DLC tab if it's there. If it's not installed yet but you have it you will be prompted to update the game next time you run it. It's a separate 4 gigs by the way. If you think you've got it installed already just try to flip the texture settings to max in-game.

Darkone

I assume it's like Skyrim's texture pack where if you've got the DLC registered to your account it will always automatically download it. Right click the game (in Steam), go to properties, and then check the DLC tab if it's there. If it's not installed yet but you have it you will be prompted to update the game next time you run it. It's a separate 4 gigs by the way. If you think you've got it installed already just try to flip the texture settings to max in-game.

Thanks, Will try it.

Great game btw.

haikira

Happy with the price for the DLC, here in the UK. This is one of my favorite games of the year, though my Graphics card just blew up and i'm waiting on a replacement, which should arrive Friday. Once it arrives, this DLC is so bought. Think i'm also going to replay the main game again, now that i'll have a better card.

Monkeythumbz

Hey there, could you please answer my question?
I'm not sure if we were able to fix the daylight stuttering issue, but we have reduced camera shale at high speeds. I haven't experienced daylight stuttering on my console since the patch, but I've not got the game set-up on PC at home so couldn't comment about that I'm afraid.

So I can't buy the DLC from germany?
No, I'm afraid Sleeping Dogs DLC is not available in Germany at this time. I'm hoping we'll have a statement about that soon. That's "soon" in videogame terms though, not real-world "soon".

Monkeythumbz

So this patch removes the ability to mix and match preset outfits? Are you fucking kidding me? And don't give me that "copyright infringement" bullshit you guys spouted in the official forums. This essentially means that, if we want that fucking pre-order SWAT dlc to work properly, we have to forgo this very useful option? Bravo.
It's not copyright infringement, it's licensing agreements. Our licensors wouldn't allow us to mix and match outfits as it messes with their IP, so we had to address this glitch (...which was never meant to be in the finished game anyway). Exploits get patched - such is the way of videogames development. This is nothing new.

I was mistaken in the previous answer I gave - I hadn't downloaded the Ghost Pig Pack yet, so maybe that changes functionality. Apologies for the erroneous info. Anyway, one of the UFG devs popped over to the official Sleeping Dogs forum and gave this reply:

"A clarification on the weapons in the safehouse - they are now tied to which outfit you are wearing. If you've completed the main game you'll see the golden .40cal gun whenever you aren't wearing an outfit that has its own weapon associated with it.

This was changed because as we added more DLC the safehouse got... well, full. Not only was it becoming harder to find places for new weapons (like on the stove :)) but we were actually running out of memory on the consoles as well because people with all the DLC purchased would have so many guns littered around their apartment."​
Oh yeah, almost forgot, the High Roller DLC unlocks a suit that you're normally meant to unlock in the game after a certain mission. But for some reason, it doesn't actually unlock, meaning you'll lose it if you change outfits without saving it first as a custom outfit. When I tried out the patch, the suit had been replaced by Wei's default outfit. Thanks so much, UFG.
Hmm... that is odd. Have you tried contacting our tech support desk about this? I'll check it out myself when I get home later.

Think I'll be sticking with the unpatched version of the game. Don't really give a shit if I miss out on an extra pistol and some minor tweaks.
That's your prerogative.

Thrakier

I'm not sure if we were able to fix the daylight stuttering issue, but we have reduced camera shale at high speeds. I haven't experienced daylight stuttering on my console since the patch, but I've not got the game set-up on PC at home so couldn't comment about that I'm afraid.

Did you already push the update which is supposed to fix it anyway? Something about Pigs and PPP? There is nothing about daylight stuttering in the patch notes for PC. The console version is stuttering all the time anyway. :)

KingKong

Anyone know how long the DLC is? And is it just missions or does it add sidequests/cars/weapons?

Also, for PC you can get it from GMG for $3.75 using their 25% off code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Bitch move raising the DLC price on Steam, really. Didn't see anyone mention $5 was a pricing error, but I'm sure I will now.

Still, got the DLC while it was reasonable and am looking forward to it when I get around to finishing SD.

Dries

Thanks for noticing the issue Monkeythumbz. All I can tell you is that a lot of PC people are expiriencing this issue. We have a Sleeping Dogs PC performance thread and almost everyone is bitching about the issue. It would be great to hear what the situation is from the "patching" teams :)

Bitch move raising the DLC price on Steam, really. Didn't see anyone mention $5 was a pricing error, but I'm sure I will now.

Still, got the DLC while it was reasonable and am looking forward to it when I get around to finishing SD.

Saw the post and decided to check Steam and saw the price hike. :(

Monkeythumbz

The price we submitted to Steam for 'Nightmare in North Point' was unfortunately incorrect and if you downloaded the game in the last 24hrs you grabbed yourself a bargain! The price has now been corrected, putting the add-on pack back in-line with PlayStation and Xbox.

We communicated the proper pricing in all our official messaging about this DLC pack, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise that we'd want to correct this error from our end.

Still, it's hardly like we're changing the moon and the earth for 'Nightmare in North Point' - IMHO it's very fairly priced at $6.99 / €5.49 / £4.39, considering the content and production values.

I'm saying that as a gamer btw, not as a company shill.

Edgeward

Not really sure the timing of the extra attack after you counter. Is it immediately after you start the counter animation to press X, or do I need to watch and time it with the counter hit?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
God this game is so much fun, I love the fighting animations. It also makes me laugh, the characters are great. Wei Shen... one of my new favorite characters ever.

What's going on? I'm trying to launch the game on Steam and I keep getting this error:

"The game is currently unavailable" (application running)

I didn't have this issue before. I verified the integrity of the files on Steam and everything checked out okay.

660ti/3570k for reference.

Top Bottom