• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Just watched episode 2 of Decaynation's walkthru. Pre-ordered instead of Redboxing to get the pre-order bonus. I'll put the 10 dollar future purchase bonus towards Halo 4. The dialogue is what ultimately sold me on it. And the sounds of the punches and kicks. Very satisfying.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
I've been playing this for the last 2 days.

itsfuckinfunman.gif

TEVzN.gif

Tiktaalik

@Manos: The Hans of Fate, you haven't yet mentioned the two movies the developers explicitly said in interviews influenced them, Infernal Affairs and Election 1 + 2. To come I'm guessing?

@Manos: The Hans of Fate, you haven't yet mentioned the two movies the developers explicitly said in interviews influenced them, Infernal Affairs and Election 1 + 2. To come I'm guessing?

I liked Infernal Affairs just a bit more than The Departed.

It's more stylish, and the whole storyline fits Hong Kong more.

Not to mention Tony Leung Chiu Wai is godly.

Salsa

people pre-ordering based purely on hype without having a clear picture of what the game is gonna be are weird, gotta laugh at the cancelling

stn

Anyone who has played the game, please confirm: you cannot carry guns on you at all times. Is this true? Thanks! Still getting the game either way...

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone who has played the game, please confirm: you cannot carry guns on you at all times. Is this true? Thanks! Still getting the game either way...

I haven't played it yet but they did confirm several times you don't keep guns you just kind of find them around when you need them on certain missions. They're trying to keep it as melee as possible. I think someone here said they only fired 16 shots in like 10 hours of game time.

From the stream I watched, you can keep 1 gun either from mission or disarming cops. But there's limted ammo so you will have to throw it away once used up.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
people pre-ordering based purely on hype without having a clear picture of what the game is gonna be are weird, gotta laugh at the cancelling
We were kind of forced into it by the GMG deals. $20 off is nothing to sneeze at. If the game doesn't run like ass on my PC I'll consider it money well spent.

Not weird at all. It ensures that if you do eventually get it that you'll get all the pre-order bonuses. At Amazon it costs absolutely nothing to pre-order and nothing to cancel. No biggie really.

leca

Email from GMG got my hopes up! I'm sure the key will appear sometime soon :).

Until that happens, I'll kick back and throw Rumble in the Bronx in the dvd player.

Yaska

Just caught the launch trailer. Very well done, and I love that song. Putting it on youtube-repeat now.

Song is What Makes a Good Man by The Heavy. Just in case you were wondering. (Also sorry if mentioned but the Live Action trailer song is Sleepwalking by Photek, Linche.)
Darned GMG got my hopes up with the email.

Twinduct

Well as you said the Devs mentioned it, but also those are far more modern movies than where I'm at in the list yet.

Doubt those will be on youtube though heh.
On topic. Infernal Affairs deserves way more praise. Hell Martin took so many exact shots frame by frame from that movie for the Departed. Difference between influence and plagiarism :|

Doubt those will be on youtube though heh.
On topic. Infernal Affairs deserves way more praise. Hell Martin took so many exact shots frame by frame from that movie for the Departed. Difference between influence and plagiarism :|

Well Departed is officially based on Infernal Affairs, so it's pretty much a US remake.

Flunkie

Banned
Honestly the driving and animation is the #1 thing that led me to cancel my preorder.

That and I really don't need another open world game right now. Still haven't even finished SR3 or JC2, for that matter. I'll pick it up eventually in a Steam sale, as it seems lik one of those games that will drop in price fast.

Honestly the driving and animation is the #1 thing that led me to cancel my preorder.

That and I really don't need another open world game right now. Still haven't even finished SR3 or JC2, for that matter. I'll pick it up eventually in a Steam sale, as it seems lik one of those games that will drop in price fast.

Why the driving? I thought it was fun, seeing as how you can ram cars off the road easily.

jersoc

So people pre-ordering on GMG haven't got their keys yet right?

i have it worse. i ordered, they took my money but never gave me the game. no order confirmation email and nothing in my game lists. ticket has been sitting there for 4 days already.

ridiculous.

ekim

It normally dispatches on the same day if you order before 12:00.

I preordered it 2 weeks ago. It has something to do with "premium Paket" - they always come one day later. But the last game I ordered in a normal sleeve was pressed into my mailbox which broke the box :-/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Was there any mention how much extra content (non-story, sidemissions, minigames) is in the game? I'd like to know in hours of playtime preferably.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Hopefully we will get GMG keys in a few hours. I want to preload this thing before I head to bed.

luffeN

all-clear : Bestellung wurde versandt (order dispatched) :)

If you are in Austria, you should get the game tomorrow, if in Germany probably the day after tomorrow.

Hopefully we will get GMG keys in a few hours. I want to preload this thing before I head to bed.

I guess it will be the same thing as with Darksiders 2. Get the email about downloading with the link being an explanation on how to download on Steam, wait 2 to 3 days, get the key.

If you are in Austria, you should get the game tomorrow, if in Germany probably the day after tomorrow.

I guess it will be the same thing as with Darksiders 2. Get the email about downloading with the link being an explanation on how to download on Steam, wait 2 to 3 days, get the key.

What? How do I get in on this austrians get games earlier deal?

luffeN

What? How do I get in on this austrians get games earlier deal?

If you buy a game at gameware.at before noon (that is also in stock), it will be dispatched on the same day and most likely be delivered the next day. A long time ago I used to order games from there because they were cheaper compared to Amazon and I didn't have a credit card at that time.

Getting the games earlier depends on their shipment and if they are allowed to sell it earlier. There is no guarantee that you will always get the games earlier.

ekim

From my experience it will arrive tomorrow here in Germany. Jena is located pretty good when it comes to dhl delivery routes. :)

luffeN

Sleeping Dogs is at 45 Euros (360 PS3) at Zavvi. I have a 10% off code if anyone wants to use it with this game.

Top Bottom