• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Blitzhex

GetGamesGo.com just unlocked the code for my pre-order.

I've just activated it on Steam and I'm waiting for it to be available for download.

Did you get the TF2 pre-order items with it? Since you activated the key before game release.

I want to order it from GMG for cheap but I want the genuine TF2 items as well :(

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If anything I think this game could have had an even bigger focus on melee and could have made it similar to ninja gaiden (1 and 2) and allowed you to pull off full combos and different techniques when fighting enemies.
Yes, that would be good. ;)

Marleyman

Banned
I can talk about this game in 15 hours, be it good and/or bad.

I'm really interested in seeing the reaction people will have to this game. In particular people who are fans of open world games. I'm not trying to subtly imply anything by saying that either, I genuinely mean it.

I am a huge open world guy and am 85% getting this, however I read the Game Informer review and am starting to think again about dropping 60 on this with so many other titles coming out from now until the end of the year.

The black plastic bag is just a gimmick, this is the first game to do this (well, excluding Hentai stuff), usually they just put a sticker on the box if it's mature-rated, like this:

IxYBt.jpg
Yep, found memories of the CAT III film description.

DL.jpg

And as member "Manos: The Hans of Fate" pointed out, it's meant to mimic the M-rated DVDs/Magazines packaging in Hong Kong.

Yep, I thought that was a nice reference by the HK distributor. Kind of wish it had the CAT III logo, but I understand why they can't stick that on it, even in jest.

GMG seems to have a tendency to give out keys first to customers who order later, not that it matters yet as it's only up as pre-order and not pre-load.

SJRB

Gold Member
Flash Point was a very enjoyable cop vs triad flick. Nothing amazing, but solid cast, and lots of good action interestingly infused with MMA (called UFC on all the extras).

Consider checking out Bad Blood if you can lots of great great action in that film.

Flash Point is worth it, if only for Donnie Yen's amazing suplex throw.

Amazing fight choreography throughout the entire movie.

GMG seems to have a tendency to give out keys first to customers who order later, not that it matters yet as it's only up as pre-order and not pre-load.

At this point I think we should all give up on there even being a pre-load. Which is hella lame. Thing better come online around 1AM local time at least.

TimeKillr

Yeah I just got my key from GMG too, but it's listed as the EU version, so I don't know if I'll be able to buy DLC or anything.

This is kinda weird, to be honest - if I had known the game would be region-specific, I wouldn't have bought the key from GMG (and would've just gotten the game from Steam itself)...

What also sucks about it is that you can't even go to the store page from Steam if you're not in Europe, and going straight to the Sleeping Dogs page on Steam tells me I can still buy the game, which means it's kinda fucked. :(

Can you get banned for using a VPN to download the game? Can we also get banned from buying the keys from GMG if we're from North America? This is kinda stupid.

Im from the US but got a key that unlocks the EU version of the game. I dont know what that means exactly. Should I have not accepted?

Hargenx

It's our fault, Green Man Gaming, are from England or Wales, I don't know exactly, but the key they sell is UE...

Edit:And the price made it worth, f*%k it, I'm in pain from inside...LOL

Derrick01

Banned
It's our fault, Green Man Gaming, are from England or Wales, I don't know exactly, but the key they sell is UE...

Edit:And the price made it worth, f*%k it, I'm in pain from inside...LOL

No it's their fault, they screwed up. They sell the games as NA versions and they've done so for a long time now but every now and then they accidentally hand out the euro keys. I don't know what will happen if you registered it to steam already but usually they fix it.

Akkad

Banned
No it's their fault, they screwed up. They sell the games as NA versions and they've done so for a long time now but every now and then they accidentally hand out the euro keys. I don't know what will happen if you registered it to steam already but usually they fix it.

Exactly, never gotten an EU key from them before always the NA version.

TimeKillr

Exactly, never gotten an EU key from them before always the NA version.

Did anybody buy Deus Ex: HR from them? Did they hand out EU keys or NA keys?

Because very few PC games are actually region-specific like this, so it's typically not a problem, but it might be in this case.

AcridMeat

Banned
Curse my stingy game buying tendencies, I wish I had just ordered on Steam. I'm a US GMG buyer as well. :(

Can we at least get a refund from GMG?

Phinor

And the waiting begins. GMG pre-orders starting to get their keys while my Gamersgate bought copy won't have a key available until the 17th. The price was a bit lower but I really wish Gamersgate supported pre-loads and/or offered Steamworks keys before release date. It wouldn't hurt anyone in any way because we couldn't play the game before release anyway. (Aside from VPN, but that's not their problem.)

joesiv

There you go, problem solved. Everyone, go get yourselves a vectorscope!

Probably come packed in standard with the PS4 and Xbox 720 lol...

... well maybe only in the premium bundle, but I bet Sony still doesn't include HDMI cables lol...

Top Bottom