• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

smr00

Banned
Sure, I plan to stay up pretty late playing this game tonight, I'll give some first impression before I go to bed (10:45PM right now, won't go to back till 2AM). I'm a local Hongkonger so I'm REALLY hyped for this. From what little I've played so far, the graphics is nothing special, but I haven't noticed any slow-down or screen tearing yet, everything's running silky smooth so far, average graphics is a trade-off I'm willing to make for a consistently stable performance.

EDIT: Oh and the combat, I'm sure everyone have seen the footage and yes it is very much like Arkham City, but don't expect it to be as responsive or as fluid as Batman, that combat system alone was a real achievement IMHO, and Sleeping Dogs just can't match it, but it's close. If you've played the recent Amazing Spider-Man game which tried to imitate Batman AC's combat, Sleeping Dogs is infinitely better than Spidey, but it's just not on the same level playing field as Arkham City.

The voucher with the artwork on the pack is for "Hong Kong EXCLUSIVE DLC PREMIUM Deep Undercover Pack", I don't know what it includes because the DLCs aren't up on the PS Store yet, have to wait till the official release day tomorrow. The rest are Police Protection Pack, Martial Arts Pack and GSP Pack, which all you guys in the US and Europe get for pre-ordering the game.
That's what i wanted to hear! I was afraid PS3 would get a shafted version with bad pop-in and pretty bad slow-down but i am happy it doesn't.

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow along with The Raid and Jaws. SO HYPED

It seems like almost every time I buy from GMG there is some problem related to getting keys..

They always sort it out.. but sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be easier just to pay a bit more and buy the game directly from steam next time.

But I'm freakin' out man!

image.php

ekim

My delivery is marked as shipped from gameware but the tracking still says that shippingdata was just transmitted electronically. So dhl will grab it by tomorrow from them. :( misleading shipping status. No triad glory for me tomorrow.

All of you living in the US - your game will unlock tommorow. However, I don't know if the DLC will be compatible, but it should. AFAIK the only DLC that is different is for Ukrainian/Russian versions of Steam games.

Smash88

Banned
I pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming and did not receive a key.

Kind of disappointed.

I will be more disappointed if I don't receive it by tomorrow.

Then I will never use GMG again.

pa22word

Just got my key from GetGamesGo!

No preload is ;-; though

Also, I dunno why you guys are upset your GMG keys are not in yet. It's not as if there's a preload or anything.

tenz0r

Anyone buying the PC version from Amazon? Do they normally send keys out early for pre-loading, or does it just get sent out at midnight on release day?

Yaska

Got my key from GMG, around 2 hours ago. (Finland) But then again I ordered in May or so. There's no preload so it's kinda meh :p

Can you see if the key is EU before you redeem it or only after you've already redeemed it?

I can't remember if it tells you what you're redeeming before you add it to your account.

Loudninja

Sleeping Dogs for PS3 - Launch Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbwtPtxzURA&feature=player_embedded

Up to now we’ve seen a lot of focus on the systems we have crafted – the combat, the driving, the social hub – but we’re most excited to see how people receive the story. Wei Shen’s triad odyssey is the glue that holds all these other tasty parts together. With it, Sleeping Dogs goes from being a collection of cool, well-executed elements – some we like to think have never been fully explored in an open world game – and it transforms into what we hope you will agree is a truly deep, rewarding narrative journey.
There have been challenges along the way. Nothing of worth comes without considerable effort, especially with a game like Sleeping Dogs. Many of our team have invested half a decade to reach this point. We’ve grown together, shared some rocky times, and ultimately found a way to make the game we wanted to make. We may not have lived life in constant fear for our safety like Wei does, but we too have faced significant obstacles to get to this point. The result is something I’m proud to be a part of.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/13/sleeping-dogs-wakes-on-ps3-tomorrow/

DukeBobby

How reliable are Simply Games? I pre-ordered the game from them about a week ago for £20, and I'm hoping to have it by Friday (or maybe a day earlier if I'm lucky).

LobLob

Banned
I don't know if anyone has noticed but steam has updated the unlock time for Sleeping Dogs in the US to i believe 9pm PST tonight!!! Now if only my Sleeping dogs stops saying pre-order, it is making me nervous.

Edit: Damn you Derrick!!!

Bruiserk

I don't know if anyone has noticed but steam has updated the unlock time for Sleeping Dogs in the US to i believe 9pm PST tonight!!! Now if only my Sleeping dogs stops saying pre-order, it is making me nervous.

Edit: Damn you Derrick!!!

You mean 10 pm? It says approx 7 hours from now. Same for DS2.

TimeKillr

Apparently what happened for people who got their keys is if you bought the Limited Edition of the digital download, you will get EU keys because that edition was only released in the UK, and those are they keys they currently have, so that's what they are sending.

Hopefully we can still play it tomorrow when we get our keys, but who knows... I can't even access the stupid store page for the game.

Okay, I have no idea why this is working, but it is. :) I activated my key on Steam, then used a VPN to connect to London and relogged back into Steam. When I look at my games page, I can install it!

No idea why it's working, but I'm downloading it right now, we'll see if it works long-term. It's pretty slow, at 1mb/sec, but it's still downloading.

**edit** When I'm looking at my Steam download status, it says "Preloading" and it's downloading, so it might be that I'm getting the preload.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Probably would've been less of a hassle if we had bit the bullet and just grabbed it through Steam haha.

Akkad

Banned
OK, so when I go to the game's page on Steam it says that I already own the game, so I guess the key was region free if it says EU. It also says it will unlock in approximately 6 hours, which is 11 pm where I live.

Top Bottom