• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Soi-Fong

Aww crap! lol I'm begging my gf for me to go back to my house real quick just to pre-load the game! And also keep on downloading TF2.

leca

Got my key from GMG, pre-loading now :).

All good! Not really that fussed seeing as it won't unlock for a few days anyway, but that was kinda expected.

Derrick01

Banned
chill out folks... GMG is reputable

They are but they seem to run into key problems somewhat frequently. I think because they're so small some publishers might bully them a bit but if it's the price I have to pay for getting most games at almost 50% off then I'll take it.

Coming down nice and fast.

Qtae4.png

Derrick01

Banned
oh wow that's small

Darksiders 2 preload was really small too, around the same size actually. I think it might just be how this new system stores the game before it's unlocked because both games were supposed to be over 10gb.

Also now I'm getting a little impatient with my key. Didn't care much since the preload wasn't up but now it is.

Smash88

Banned
Yeah, if this is how GMG handles things, I'd rather just wait for Steam to have the game on sale. Only reason I got it was for the good price
And because the game looks freaking sweet!
. But now, I could not careless about the price.

If I do not get the key by midnight, doing a chargeback and never using them again. Reliability from a company is important. Steam/Valve do it right, I buy it, and I get to pre-load when avaliable. Through GMG I might get a key in the next week for all I know, even though it was said it would be today.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah, if this is how GMG handles things, I'd rather just wait for Steam to have the game on sale. Only reason I got it was for the good price
But I just bought Trenched with the $12 I saved! I guess I'll play that.

leca

Is there some magic way of playing it before release on Steam?

I'd love to play it early :).

Just got Sleeping Dogs from Green Man Gaming for $36, with the voucher:

PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

I know it's been posted before, but, yesterday Sleeping Dogs was $40 in the US. I'm glad I waited another day to see if it would go on sale again.

By the way, when I redeemed my key on Steam, it said, "Sleeping Dogs Digital (ROW)".

What does the ROW mean?

Glad im not the only one that hasn't got their code :( at this point I'm no longer hyped about the game. I think I'll be playing darksiders 2 first tomorrow and get to this when I get to it. Maybe I should just cancel

oh yea darksiders 2 is out tomorrow. Didn't preorder... but i do hope it's good. A lot of systems makes it quite easy for shit to collapse.

And windows 8 is wednesday.

fuuuu

PC!

Zep

Banned
Just got Sleeping Dogs from Green Man Gaming for $36, with the voucher:

PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

I know it's been posted before, but, yesterday Sleeping Dogs was $40 in the US. I'm glad I waited another day to see if it would go on sale again.

By the way, when I redeemed my key on Steam, it said, "Sleeping Dogs Digital (ROW)".

What does the ROW mean?

So, you paid $3 more than me and got your key already? Hmmmm.

Someone tell me who GMG is? Haven't been reading this thread, but seem quite interested in this game. Thanks! (UK resident here)
www.greenmangaming.com/

Smash88

Banned
Also for GAF touting Green Man Gaming so much, I am extremely disappointed.

Good price or not, it's not worth the hassle and unreliability.

nah they are fine as long as you get steam activated stuff. Their own capsule is Garbage.

but yea I still have not got my key!

it's not a common problem from the 4 games i've prepurchased.

It's not like i've hadn't got problems with steam purchases at launch. :/

Bruiserk

Glad im not the only one that hasn't got their code :( at this point I'm no longer hyped about the game. I think I'll be playing darksiders 2 first tomorrow and get to this when I get to it. Maybe I should just cancel

You are no longer hyped about a game because you haven't gotten a key when Pre-loading just started? You'll get the key eventually. Console gamers wouldn't even be able to play till midnight, and even that is a stretch because I don't think most retailers would do a midnight release for this game. Have a little patience.

LobLob

Banned
it's not a common problem from the 4 games i've prepurchased.

It's not like i've hadn't got problems with steam purchases at launch. :/

What problems have you had exactly with steam purchases outside of stuff like summer sales? I have never had one problem with purchasing from steam outside of their big sales.

You are no longer hyped about a game because you haven't gotten a key when Pre-loading just started? You'll get the key eventually. Console gamers wouldn't even be able to play till midnight, and even that is a stretch because I don't think most retailers would do a midnight release for this game. Have a little patience.

Na i meant in general, I kinda fell off the hype train late in July and around that time I started checking out DS2 and between that and GW2 I not too hyped about Sleeping Dogs anymore. I'm sure I'll still have fun with this game but its not a priorty to play it during launch week anymore

Randdalf

Watching a walkthrough of the early bits of the game on YouTube... really tempted to get this, but I think I'll hold off for now.

Top Bottom