• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Entering the fighting competition near the martial arts school and throwing every competitor over the railing was the most fun I've had with the game so far. So satisfying.

Sorry Sifu, I just killed all your students. But I'm still an honorable man.

oh god, my right thumb was numb after getting through 6 rounds.

Does Emma Stone (I mean Amanda) come back into the story at all? I had a fantastic date with her, and took pictures of her butt and she thanked me for it. No closure at all.

Soi-Fong

Does Emma Stone (I mean Amanda) come back into the story at all? I had a fantastic date with her, and took pictures of her butt and she thanked me for it. No closure at all.

I don't know, but I hope she does. The two girls I like are Not Ping (haven't gotten far enough to find out her real name) and Amanda. Tiffany is just annoying. Lol

I don't know, but I hope she does. The two girls I like are Not Ping (haven't gotten far enough to find out her real name) and Amanda. Tiffany is just annoying. Lol

Yeah, me as well. But I closed out Tiffany's story, at least I believe I did, so I assume you do the same for the other two.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What are the radio stations, anyhow? So far I've figured out

Roadrunner is like Western Metal
Real is Western hip hop
Kerrang is western pop I guess?

speaking of which, what does buying stuff for your apartment do? I kinda hoped for some buffs if you sleep on a good bed with a/c in the room or something.
It's all cosmetic. Though you can buy some speakers, so you can play music in your room.

and aside, i know it's a super small touch, but i really appreciate that sometimes vendors will call you by name. really helps with the immersion

She probably went to hit on a hundred other Chinese guys. Did you read her report?

Cutwolf

So far I've had two crashes one after another and I'm not sure why. The game would just freeze and I'd have to do a hard reset.

Edit: Was fine up until Tiffany gave me the gun at Bam Bam Club.

Exact same here. Crash either before or after finishing the shooting training in the garage with the white dude cop.

Anyone else?

PC version.

Hargenx

Why in hell my FPS drop dead when I enter in a fuc*&king car, man this is getting me pissed!

I can walk in a FULL street with no drop in the FPS, but as soon as I enter in a car the FPS drop like crazy, even in a complete empty space...

Daam you!

Arcteryx

hahahah the knife attack disarm move looks awesome when you spin the guy to the ground, disarm, then stab him right in the chest. BOOOOOM

Having a blast doing these drug bust/surveillance side missions

Soi-Fong

Exact same here. Crash either before or after finishing the shooting training in the garage with the white dude cop.

Anyone else?

PC version.

Yeah, this is the exact same spot where I crashed as well. Froze right after the white cop shoots the dude.

Can't be coincidence that we have the same spot where we froze.

All I know is that I've frozen twice after two main events happening. It's never actually frozen for me when I'm just beating up people in the streets.

Mr.Green

I was giggling like a little kid while playing this last night, running around slamming people's heads into walls. There's been a couple times when I got careless and really got my ass kicked though.

But this really does make beating the shit outta people a lot of fun!

You make a pretty strong case against violence in video games. ;)

So what happens with Not Ping? Just seemed to disappear from the game, not even a profile on her. Also, have ran into some funny hiccups in the game, like seeing a car with a truck on top of it or the game freezing.
It's still a pretty great game though I hate that you need to wear GSP's clothes to get his punch which doesn't seem all that great.

SJRB

Gold Member
Played for about 45 minutes or so. First open world game where you don't see or drive a single vehicle in the first hour?

Also, performance is worse than I expected. I had to turn everything to normal [or the equivalent thereof], I think I may have overstimated my system.

I'll see how it goes once driving is a factor, perhaps I should double dip and get the PS3 version for care-free gameplay.

MJLord

I'm having a problem pre loading the game, it keeps "suspending" the download whenever I start the download. I've tried switching from the manchester server to the london one already. Anything else I should try ?

Stat!

Ack - I won't be able to pick up this game for 2 weeks but I've been watching all the streams/reviews.

Looks to be incredibly worth the asking price.

I keep hearing different reports. Are you allowed to keep weapons/cars between missions?

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm having a problem pre loading the game, it keeps "suspending" the download whenever I start the download. I've tried switching from the manchester server to the london one already. Anything else I should try ?

Yes. Delete local game content, let it resume. It'll start downloading the entire package from the start.

That fixed it for me.

Also - how the fuck do you walk? I keep running into people, even with the analog stick it's basically "standing still" or "run".

Teknoman

Played for about 45 minutes or so. First open world game where you don't see or drive a single vehicle in the first hour?

Also, performance is worse than I expected. I had to turn everything to normal [or the equivalent thereof], I think I may have overstimated my system.

I'll see how it goes once driving is a factor, perhaps I should double dip and get the PS3 version for care-free gameplay.

Just dont crank AA.

Played this game a couple hours with a friend. He spent time in Hong Kong and says the game reminds him of his old home, so that's well done.

The game does a lot, but everything suffers a bit as a result. The fighting is pure alpha code from Batman. The enviro-kills are blatent and they exist just to thin out the herd that attacks you. The driving is floaty like a cart game. The shooting, not entirely satisfying. Everything needs a bit more oomph. On a technical level, Saints Row is a step above this game. It's true.

No its not because the fighting gameplay is taken form The Warrios/Bully, including the enviroment finishers, and only the counterattck button is from Batman, and it works with totally different timings.
Its like the arkham games invented the fighting genre or some shit because of the fucking counter attack button,a nd now any game that uses counter attack is a copy of Batman.

Derrick01

Banned
So without really spoiling anything, does the game open up more in terms of side activities/minigames? The
cop stuff where you clear an area and then hack a camera
was fun at first but I've already done it like 8 times on the first part of the map not to mention there's still a ton all over the other areas. I've done some favors but they're usually really small and simple stuff.

Playing this coming right off of Yakuza 4 makes this game feel empty. Batting cages and golf are gimmicky sure, but they're fun as hell to play.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm thinking about picking this up. I generally get excited about sandbox games, and then am never able to bother finishing them. Maybe this will be different.

bitoriginal

Been playing all day, absolutely loving it. Takes a couple of hours to get used to the movement of the character and fighting controls, but once you've got it down it actually feels like you're in a Bruce Lee movie or something.

This game really scratches the openworld itch that so many others have failed to. For me, it's important to have a vibrant living and breathing city, and I really think they have achieved that. Top notch. I think this game may be the sleeper hit of 2012.

golem

I thought I crashed but turns out Windows 7 just decided to fuck me by rebooting my computer to install an update.. grr

I thought I crashed but turns out Windows 7 just decided to fuck me by rebooting my computer to install an update.. grr

Windows 7 is a fucking bully when it comes to updates.

"Oh look at the time, I need to leave now!"

*shuts down laptop*

"Installing update 1 of 78..."

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

fushi

I can't stand the mouse controls in this game. At all. I particularly dislike the vertical controls and how it slows way down in the center and the moves quicker when you are further down or up. And the aggressive viewpoint resetting. Urggggh.

(P.S. Thanks for the VPN tip.)

Adamm

Got this game today for PS3. Loving it so far.

The combat is so much fun, id spend all my time just beating up people int he streets if it weren't for loosing cop points :D

Vlodril

Can anyone tell me where i can find the chicken van? I am on that stage of the police mission but its not marked in my map or at least i can't see it.

Top Bottom