• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Cheska

Is there a list somewhere on how to unlock certain outfits or clothes? I feel like every time I visit the clothing stores it's always the same merchandise available.

B-Dex

Is there a list somewhere on how to unlock certain outfits or clothes? I feel like every time I visit the clothing stores it's always the same merchandise available.

I was googling this myself and the best thing I found was the ign wiki. It lists all the shops and where they are and what items are in what clothing sets.

Tain

I wound up picking this up, and I've only put in a little bit of time but it's off to a great start. The combat is a step up from the Batman games (which is nice considering the scale of this game vs the scale of the Batman games), the city is gorgeous, the tech is awesome. So far so good!

I was googling this myself and the best thing I found was the ign wiki. It lists all the shops and where they are and what items are in what clothing sets.

I would love an organized list that perhaps notes what outfits are supposed to be certain ones (like the Shenmue, Bruce Lee, Ip Man, etc. clothes). Its hard to tell from the generic names.

haikira

Anyone on PC, having a problem were steam doesn't register that you're playing the game? It's not that big of a deal. But just means friends can't see i'm in a game and it's not tracking playtime. First game I've ever had this problem with.

joesiv

Anyone on PC, having a problem were steam doesn't register that you're playing the game? It's not that big of a deal. But just means friends can't see i'm in a game and it's not tracking playtime. First game I've ever had this problem with.

out of curiosity did you use a VPN at all to install the game?

Arcteryx

I would love an organized list that perhaps notes what outfits are supposed to be certain ones (like the Shenmue, Bruce Lee, Ip Man, etc. clothes). Its hard to tell from the generic names.

Yea I'd like to find a list of the lockboxes that have outfits in them. So far I've found a ballcap, the Reservoir Dogs outfit, and a couple shirts from them.

deim0s

My X and O buttons are switched, X is used for sprinting and the prompt tells me to press O. Confusing as hell when in combat.

wtf.

Esch

Banned
just purchased on steam

im ready to join you guys in this hong kongian sensory assault

iXwY81xC1KNBI.gif

bitoriginal

Ahh man, just walked past a shop and heard a shopkeep shout my name. I went to check it out and theres two guys, ones moaning about the other being drunk and putting customers off.

So I grabbed this drunken scumbag, dragged his ass out of the shop, walked to a nearby bridge, and threw that motherfucker head first into the oncoming traffic, triad style.

"Mission Failure: You killed the shopkeep"

Bwhahahahaha. Love it.

DanielJr82

WTF at this stupid bug. There's a police siren that's constantly playing and it won't go off. It's been on for about an hour now and I'm fucking tired of it. It's on during cut scenes, exploration, combat, side activites, everywhere! I reloaded a previous save before the "Payback" mission (where it triggered), and it's still fucking on! What gives???!!! I seriously can't play the game like this and no way I'm starting over the 15 hours I've already put into this game.

-Edit-
Re-starting the console seemed to fix the issue.

Giant Bomb's new 40 minute quicklook of the PC version just sold me on this game. It looks like a completely different game than the console version.

For anyone on the fence still, Greenman Gaming has it for $36 on PC and it is Steam activatable. Just use the code: PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR makes it 10% off + 20% more off.

It's apparently only good for the next couple of hours though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I just hope there is an option to go all NWA in this. If I can't really be a cop, I might as well just be all gangtalicious.

knitoe

This is one buggy game. Now, it only starts up with a blank screen and I can't do anything, but the computer reset button. Tried the steam integrity check, but that did nothing. Going to redownload and see.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I thought the whole appeal of the game's plot was that you were on some Departed shit. That's part of why I bought it anyway.

Hard Boiled/Departed - yeah. Except...not. You're an undercover cop who is infinitely worse than any of the "criminals" you're putting away. Counterfeiting clothes? That's a shootin'

SJRB

Gold Member
Goddamn this game is so badass. I just did the Bam Bam club
mission. Beating up thugs with that massive Africa Hitech track blasting through the speakers. Love it. Also loved the moment where Benny tried to run and Wei Shen just flat-out kicks him in the face haha

I love how more brutal the combat becomes as you unlock more moves. I just unlocked the grapple leg-breaker, that is some hardcore stuff right there.

Once again audio is big part in this, the cries of pain from the enemies are amazingly well done.

WTF at this stupid bug. There's a police siren that's constantly playing and it won't go off. It's been on for about an hour now and I'm fucking tired of it. It's on during cut scenes, exploration, combat, side activites, everywhere! I reloaded a previous save before the "Payback" mission (where it triggered), and it's still fucking on! What gives???!!! I seriously can't play the game like this and no way I'm starting over the 15 hours I've already put into this game.

All you need is some trance and dubstep music and you got yourself an infinite rave party going on ingame.

Arcteryx

FYI: you can roll when falling to keep momentum. Dunno how I missed that earlier, but you just press the action button(X on PS3) prior to landing and you go into a roll.

FYI: you can roll when falling to keep momentum. Dunno how I missed that earlier, but you just press the action button(X on PS3) prior to landing and you go into a roll.

oh shit, never knew that.

And is it safe to say Mrs Chu is one of the best new side characters of gaming 2012?

Wessiej

I can't be the only one having a sound glitch on the 360 right? Everybody sounds like they are between thick glas. Haven't read the thread yet..

Derrick01

Banned
Kind of disappointed with how gun oriented the game is becoming. I know some reviews said it was late game but it kind of started around the (spoiler just in case I guess?)
14th mission, with other stuff like favors also becoming more shootery

Wessiej

Have you tried turning off and turning on the Xbox? Do you also get sound glitches in other games?

I turned off my surround system and its fine now. Game doesn't work with a surround system I guess?

Awfull start of the game though, restarted it 5 times, (de-)installed it, did 4 new games. Ugh.

bryanee

Are they going to release the soundtrack for this game? Some stuff on here I just love, no idea what they are saying during some of the songs but I just love them.

derFeef

Steam is torturing me. 2 hours left, can't download HD pack yet (at least I can't find it anywhere) and it's already pretty late here.

JoeBoy101

Just beat the story and in total of the game, am very impressed. Definitely in the top tier of open world games like this. It makes me weep for Mafia 2 because of how awesome it could have been like this if it hadn't been handcuffed to the story (no pun intended).

I won't get spoilery, but the ending felt a bit abrupt, but was satisfying. If anything surprised me most, it was how well the characters were written. Winston and Jackie are strong standouts for what could have been cardboard retreads, but instead get fleshed out in interesting ways.

Definitely, the sleeper hit of the year, so far.

Grisby

I like the game. The missions are pretty good and the combat/fist fighting stuff flows rather nicely.

Story stuff just kind of happens. There's some build up but I'm not super invested in the plot yet. Beautiful setting though.

SJRB

Gold Member
At what point can I start storing cars in my garage? I keep finding awesome cars but I can't store them at the moment.

SJRB

Gold Member
You can't. You have to buy them from vehicle dealers. Apparently, in Hong Kong, people report their cars stolen.

Ah, I see. That actually makes sense, I guess.

Also - did you guys know you can grab a drink from the fridge in your appartment for a stat boost?

This game is filled to the brim with little things like that. Amazing stuff.

Hmmm... is there any place to get guns? There is that drug bust in the left area where dudes have guns... which is a bit hard to approach.

Maybe i should bring a car next time.

JoeBoy101

Hmmm... is there any place to get guns? There is that drug bust in the left area where dudes have guns... which is a bit hard to approach.

Maybe i should bring a car next time.

If you get the cop upgrade, you can get them from the trunk of a cop car. Otherwise, I'm unaware of any place to get them. You'll have to disarm one of them. But, a simple grapple with an armed guy should get you his gun.

Top Bottom