• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

If you get the cop upgrade, you can get them from the trunk of a cop car. Otherwise, I'm unaware of any place to get them. You'll have to disarm one of them. But, a simple grapple with an armed guy should get you his gun.

yeah the issue is the gun dudes are all the way in the back, and I don't think there is any stealth controls in the game... right?

Duffyside

Banned
Anyone else want to join me in praising United Front Games' UI-art-dude/gal(s)? Whoever they are, they do incredible work. Way more thought into little menus than most other games would ever bother.

ekim

4 hours in and absolutely loving it. The world is immersive, especially walking around at night while it's raining is incredibly beautiful. One concern: I'm already at 30% story completion.

Nevertheless my GOTY so far. MUCH better than gta4 for me.

This game just killed my PS3 practically. I was playing and the game started glitchy like crazy. No road so my car would through the city. Certain items were not popping in or would pop in at the last second. I couldn't hijack a car. I shut it down thinking maybe it needed to cool off and I turned it back on later and I had to restore my PS3 system. On top of it all, the game never saved itself to my Cloud Storage so I have to start from scratch again.

I'm a little pissed.

I'm too scared to fire up Steam online at the moment. I'll wait until tomorrow, better safe than sorry I suppose.

Should work without VPN in europe in an hour and a half anyway.
This game continues to impress me, all the little touches really add up.

calder

Oh god why am I so bad at remembering the 360's button layout? I had one for a couple of years, and I still fumble at the on screen prompts when using a DS3, it must be something about having a DS3 in my hand making it impossible for my brain to remember wtf A or Y is. Trying to find someone at work with a 360 who can spare a controller lol.

owlbeak

Fuck me, this game is A+. Been playing all damn afternoon! What a fantastic looking game, and it's amazing that it runs SO WELL on the highest settings.

I've steered clear of PC ports over the past few years, but this is how you do it.

Derrick01

Banned
Speaking of cockfighting what's the conditions of that achievement where you need to win 50k? I won it after betting 25k but didn't get the achievement. Is it 50k not including what you put in as a bet?

Had two badass moments. One was a slow motion cam on the last thug in a fight where I slid across a table and my knee knocked him out.

The other was clearing out a drug bust and I grabbed a guy and running threw him into the path of a bus.

Funny enough, no cars stopped. Everyone ran him over.

So hooked on this game I haven't touched Darksiders 2 more than 20 mins.

I just spent a half hour at the waterfront tossing girls over the railings. Apparently no one in China can swim, because they all die once they hit the water. Wussies.

Derrick01

Banned
Best case scenario the stuttering is gone and performance enhancements were made.

I'm chewing my nails in a nervous fit hoping they didn't break something.

anddo0

This update better fix Hkship.exe.
Sleeping Dogs has been a waste of money so far. Haven't been able to play a meaningful minute so far other than the initial chase scene.

KePoW

Banned
This update better fix Hkship.exe.
Sleeping Dogs has been a waste of money so far. Haven't been able to play a meaningful minute so far other than the initial chase scene.

I would say the vast majority of players in this thread do not have crashing problems. I have not crashed once in 10 hours of play so far.

anddo0

I would say the vast majority of players in this thread do not have crashing problems. I have not crashed once in 10 hours of play so far.

That's nice and all. But my game still doesn't work (even after that big ass patch). I have the latest drivers for everything, no anti virus. I see no reason why the game won't run. I hate to be a debbie downer. So, continue to enjoy the game if it runs for you.

Levyne

Banned
Anyone have any luck playing this on a laptop? I've checked the performance thread but everyone seems to be running 570's and up.

What's with the custom graphics settings, I'm going crazy here. I set it to High AA, move down, set High Res Textures to on, I move down to the next option and the textures have set themself to low, this is happening with most settings, it doesn't seem to stick to what I'm setting.

Is this just me?

Derrick01

Banned
seriously, just got back home and I wanna play till I pass out

I just started playing and I *think* it might be running a little better but it might just be me hoping it is. I did still notice a bit of a stutter. Honestly I don't see anything majorly different yet.

gdt

I just started playing and I *think* it might be running a little better but it might just be me hoping it is. I did still notice a bit of a stutter. Honestly I don't see anything majorly different yet.

Runs better for me. And, I think, no more huge drops when driving! (I'm driving a slow bus this mission though).

Derrick01

Banned
Runs better for me. And, I think, no more huge drops when driving! (I'm driving a slow bus this mission though).

Yeah my FPS tends to dive a bit in the southwest parts of the map with all the coast areas and buildings but so far I haven't seen a big dip yet.

Before stating how the game runs I'd look at your display settings they seem to have broken it, try setting it to custom and then change a setting and move the down the menu and change another setting and you'll see settings higher up will be automatically switching around, they messed it up pretty bad with the patch.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope the stutter is gone.

I'm still noticing it but I can't tell if it's a little better yet or not. It doesn't seem to be any worse so there's that.

I feel confident now that there was a performance boost though. I turned Fraps on and sped through several sections of the map in a taxi and the lowest I saw it go was 50fps in 1 small area, it was 60 for the rest. That definitely wasn't happening to me before. The bad shaky cam effect is still there though :(

Broken Hope said:
Before stating how the game runs I'd look at your display settings they seem to have broken it, try setting it to custom and then change a setting and move the down the menu and change another setting and you'll see settings higher up will be automatically switching around, they messed it up pretty bad with the patch.

Your username is well deserved but you're right. Settings were randomly bouncing around when I looked so now I think something's busted and that's why it's running better even though my settings were all the same when I looked.

Top Bottom