• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Why are you posting this in the thread about a game with one of the best ports in a long while that looks way beyond the console versions even on mid-tier PCs? Btw I find gaming on my PS3 stressful for various reasons so I'll only do it for exclusives, but who cares?

Because I really like the game. Came to the thread, realize how AWESOME the OT is. Then I start to read it from first page and when people begun to post their benchmarkings that memories came into my mind. It has nothing to do with the game superb visuals or PC optimization ( which is obviuosly great ).

Awesome game, may pick a PS3 copy.

Enjoy.

Seronei

is that the karaoke/find guy in the bathroom one? What was so hard about it? There was lots of environmental stuff to get instakills with

It's the one where you start with the golden gun and have to fight your way out of the club, iirc it's the first mission with much gunplay and you're tight on ammo in the starting gun so you have to jump into a place where there's no good cover to pick up more.
Is the racing hard in this game? I hear talk of people stuck on some races because the computer flies right by on the last few stretches.

I'm shit at all forms of racing, so I don't think I'll be able to complete a game where the racing is extremely hard.

It depends on the car you're using, with the wrong car they can be almost impossible and with a faster one extremely easy.

Antiochus

What is the consensus on the game's experienced quality compared with its metacritic score? Is this something the critics have glaringly underrated or overrated?

Soi-Fong

Finoshed the game already and just trying to do the side missions, but just dragged a woman to a construction site just to have her head be sliced into a tablesaw. God the environmental kills are amazing. And there needs to be MOAR construction sites!! The tablesaw is my favorite!!

KingKong

What is the consensus on the game's experienced quality compared with its metacritic score? Is this something the critics have glaringly underrated or overrated?

It's got an 84 on PC which is just about right considering how marked up game scores are (on a real scale where 9/10 is amazing, this is about a 6 or 7)

There aren't a whole lot of original ideas but it's all very well done and it probably has the most satisfying combat of any open world game. The driving, side content and missions are average to good. The city looks nice and is well designed.

Arcteryx

I think the 8.0-8.3 score it has atm is pretty close to what I'd mark it(more like a 7 on my own scale, but that would equate to 8ish for mainstream reviewers).

As for how easy the game is: yea, I think I died a total of 2 times, both were just goofing around crashing into things. I wish the counter system worked in a slightly different way, because it's currently too easy to just sit back and counter all day. It needs some kind of timer/bar to allow you a limited number of them before having to wait to refill.

RiverBed

Banned
I finished the game. Now the only missions I have left (in yellow on the map) are chicken fights, martial arts (6 round goon fight) and a money symbol on the top and bottom edges of the game that I can't access for some reason.

So what now?

PS. are there barbershops in the game?

Smash88

Banned
I finished the game. Now the only missions I have left (in yellow on the map) are chicken fights, martial arts (6 round goon fight) and a money symbol on the top and bottom edges of the game that I can't access for some reason.

So what now?

Those are gambling dens, and you can access it.... take a boat.

So what now?

darksiders 2 :p

golem

My cribs shot
iynVKboI7AVfQ.jpg

RiverBed

Banned
Those are gambling dens, and you can access it.... take a boat.

Oh, yeas, the dominoes game.

A few questions:

can you change you hairstyle?

How/wehre's the wedding?

How/where's the funeral?

Did my side missions disappear when I finished the game? should I just continue or is there a newgame+ option?

Can't I steal cars and put then in my garage?

How do you chose what car the valet guy brings you?

How do you get the valet guy on call 24/7? Last few times I called him he blew me off.

KePoW

Banned

A few questions:

How/wehre's the wedding?

How/where's the funeral?

Did my side missions disappear when I finished the game? should I just continue or is there a newgame+ option?

How do you get the valet guy on call 24/7? Last few times I called him he blew me off.

If you already finished the game, how do you not know what the wedding and funeral are?

RS4-

Lovin these shots! Is this similar to say, Vice City in that you eventually get tons of cash, huge mansion and boatloads of cars? Or is this all stolen merch?

In terms of owning properties, its story based and iirc there's uhh, three or four. As for cars, I believe you are only given two vehicles during the course of the story, everything else must be purchased.

A few questions:

You can't. (apparently you can with DLC)

How/wehre's the wedding?
Story

How/where's the funeral?
Story. If you want to see the cemetery again, its in Kennedy Town iirc, look on your map.

I don't remember ng+; I know you can just replay story missions on through your uhh, social network thing. I don't remember the name.

You can't store anything in the garage except for vehicles you purchase.

I believe there was an option to select which car he brings you by default

I played through the entire game drunk and high. I have NO idea what went down or anybody's name (including my own main character).
I was waiting for the next mission to load then out of nowhere credits started rolling. I was taken by surprise.

Just replay the missions if you want.

RiverBed

Banned
If you already finished the game, how do you not know what the wedding and funeral are?

I played through the entire game drunk and high. I have NO idea what went down or anybody's name (including my own main character).
I was waiting for the next mission to load then out of nowhere credits started rolling. I was taken by surprise.

Arcteryx

A few questions:

with dlc yes
How/wehre's the wedding?

How/where's the funeral?

freeroam option upon completion
have to purchase cars
go to the parking garage and you can select it there
I believe this happens when you are in a place that isn't accessible; I've only had it occur when I wasn't near a road

golem

Lovin these shots! Is this similar to say, Vice City in that you eventually get tons of cash, huge mansion and boatloads of cars? Or is this all stolen merch?

Yeah.. to get cars in your garage you have to buy them.. then theyre available from any parking structure and after you level your face a bit you get a valet who will bring them to you..

Yo Jeeves I smashed up my ride, bring me a new one!

jbydNRWRP8LiAX.jpg

owlbeak

Yeah.. to get cars in your garage you have to buy them.. then theyre available from any parking structure and after you level your face a bit you get a valet who will bring them to you..

Yo Jeeves I smashed up my ride, bring me a new one!

jbydNRWRP8LiAX.jpg
I own six cars and my valet dude only ever brings me the motorcycle. How do I get him to bring a car?

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, what is the golden meter on the right of the left HUD thingy for? It fills up while fighting and I must have missed exactly what it's for lol

vaelic

Banned
called my bank and they said they are not blocking GMG and the issue is on their end. it must be as Ive used my CC before with GMG. grrr

Cloudy

Banned
Face meter.

It gives you all types of bonuses when it is fill,after you unlock them of course.

Thanks

This game is pretty awesome, hard to put down.

It's crazy but I never saw screenshots or heard about this game outside of GAF thread titles till this week. It was a total impulse buy cos I had $20 best buy credit lol

Now, it's my GOTY even though I don't like the genre. It's that good IMO

So I just finished the game today and had a good time with it.

ending spoilers:
man did the game finish fast though. I was hoping it would do more with the reveal that you were a cop but it just kinda happens and goes away. Also just arresting your boss off screen was a big waste there. I was hoping for more after the credits as well but I just got a congratulations for beating the game.

JoeBoy101

So I just finished the game today and had a good time with it.

ending spoilers:
man did the game finish fast though. I was hoping it would do more with the reveal that you were a cop but it just kinda happens and goes away. Also just arresting your boss off screen was a big waste there. I was hoping for more after the credits as well but I just got a congratulations for beating the game.

Agreed on the ending. That whole ending sequence is crying out for another 2-3 missions.
Choosing whether to kill or apprehend Pendrew would have been fantastic. Plus a mission or two discovering what he did.

KillGore

I just got home from Toys R Us because there has been a picture of someone who bought a 2 for $60 deal in toys r us in PR. I'm from PR so I went to toys r us and they told me the deal starts tomorrow. Not sure if the person really knew what she was talking about but I would definitely buy it tomorrow if true. I wish I knew if it were 100% true so I could make a thread but I'm scared it isn't. Would be amazing if true. Going to post this same post on the darksiders thread.

Edit: Oops, forgot to say that the two games the person bought was Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs

SJRB

Gold Member
How the hell do you get the white suit? I got one from the
wedding mission, but that one is soaked in blood

Also - All I have to say that if Hong Kong really looks like this in real life with the crazy neon billboards and stuff, I want to go there some day.

Top Bottom