• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Ryuuga

Banned
Heads up:
Knocking out Tiffany after she cheats on you and then accuses you of cheating on her screws up your progression with Not Ping somehow. :/ Also I kind of want to date one of the street vendors, maybe the pork bun guy.

eshwaaz

Heads up:
Knocking out Tiffany after she cheats on you and then accuses you of cheating on her screws up your progression with Not Ping somehow. :/
Also I kind of want to date one of the street vendors, maybe the pork bun guy.
Nice spoiler. I had no idea that was coming.

newsguy

Just did my first missiin for
Roland
I cracked up at the end as you're driving and
the girl just jumps out of the moving car screaming "I'm sowwwwwyyyyy. "

vaelic

Banned
Heads up:
Knocking out Tiffany after she cheats on you and then accuses you of cheating on her screws up your progression with Not Ping somehow. :/ Also I kind of want to date one of the street vendors, maybe the pork bun guy.
WAy to spoil...

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I only got to date Not Ping once and after the *event posted above* she's no where to be seen, not even in my phone to call. I let the scene with Tiffany play out too so I definitely didn't do anything wrong.

Was hoping to take Not Ping out for a Hot Coffee and maybe learn her real name. :p

So far I think Sleeping Dogs could be my GOTY. It's kinda sad that GTA4 got all these accolades when the controls were so borked and then this comes along and feels infinitely better yet gets 7s.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Please remember to mark development spoilers. Else Doctor Shen will punish you.

sleep10ijgo.png

sleep2smjuz.png

Arcteryx

I only got to date Not Ping once and after the *event posted above* she's no where to be seen, not even in my phone to call. I let the scene with Tiffany play out too so I definitely didn't do anything wrong.

Was hoping to take Not Ping out for a Hot Coffee and maybe learn her real name. :p

So far I think Sleeping Dogs could be my GOTY. It's kinda sad that GTA4 got all these accolades when the controls were so borked and then this comes along and feels infinitely better yet gets 7s.

Not Ping eventually tries to
do the same thing as Tiffany, but she texts you about it.
My game bugged out though and I never got it :(

dang

http://i.imgur.com/aewXU.png

but its not like the
date missions
amount to anything though -
she had it coming
Yea they were kind of pointless and really only serve to give you abilities. I'm a little disappointed that Stone was
only around for like a total of 10 mins
:(

Spirit3

Damn it my initial response was the knock that bitch out and now you tell me it's glitched. I really am enjoying this game regardless but it's bugged out twice and now appears to have another annoying bug.

Forkball

Heads up:

Ah damn. It said I got a message from Not Ping, but there was no message there. Oh well, not like it's pivotal to the story. Especially now that I've met DAT SANDRA.

This game just won't let me go. It really does everything right. United Front even made grabbing collectables actually interesting since you get at least some reward for finding even one. I hate it in games where they scatter 100 collectables and you get no reward unless you get them all.

Also, the blood splatter is really cool. It actually has varying degrees as well, from a little roughed up all the way to you looking like you escaped from a meat locker.

Neiteio

How come Green Man Gaming won't advance beyond the address page when I'm trying to check out? Five minutes to get this deal!

Arcteryx

Ah damn. It said I got a message from Not Ping, but there was no message there. Oh well, not like it's pivotal to the story. Especially now that I've met DAT SANDRA.

This game just won't let me go. It really does everything right. United Front even made grabbing collectables actually interesting since you get at least some reward for finding even one. I hate it in games where they scatter 100 collectables and you get no reward unless you get them all.

Also, the blood splatter is really cool. It actually has varying degrees as well, from a little roughed up all the way to you looking like you escaped from a meat locker.

Sandra is definitely the most fun of the bunch. Then Ilyana, because
beating the shit out of sex trafficking thugs is AMAZING

Cloudy

Banned
This game just won't let me go. It really does everything right. United Front even made grabbing collectables actually interesting since you get at least some reward for finding even one. I hate it in games where they scatter 100 collectables and you get no reward unless you get them all

Totally agree. I am really impressed with these folks. What else have they made?

Cloudy

Banned
I got the Not Ping bug too. Oh well.

I met her for a surveillance "date" even though I ignored the message for a long time. You can look on the map and find the purple social icons on there

PS: Ping and Amanda look terrible. Tiffany is just okay. As great as UFG is, they kind of suck as female faces so far LOL

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can you replay levels for XP?
Yeah but there's a bug with my end game save where if I start a replay mission, all missions after that can't be replayed. Not sure if it was a one time bug at the time but just saying make a save game before doing it just in case

There are certain times when this game gets something close to approaching photo-realistic visuals (PC version here)...which is something I wouldn't have expected from an open-world game.

Arcteryx

I met her for a surveillance "date" even though I ignored the message for a long time. You can look on the map and find the purple social icons on there

PS: Ping and Amanda look terrible. Tiffany is just okay. As great as UFG is, they kind of suck as female faces so far LOL

Sandra probably has the best looking face of the bunch, but yea as a whole the models are quite bad.

Steaks

Is there a 3rd party fix to the absolutely unusable mouse controls on PC?

I'm trying to like this game, but I do not own a controller for PC and I really like everything else, but I seriously cannot play like this :/

bedlamite

Is there a 3rd party fix to the absolutely unusable mouse controls on PC?

I'm trying to like this game, but I do not own a controller for PC and I really like everything else, but I seriously cannot play like this :/

Buy one. I can't imagine people enjoying this type of game with a keyboard and mouse.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Someone tell me if it looks like the HD texture pack is installed correctly judging from these:

It does look it. You can easily tell near the start from the street vendors with boxes of cameras. The text is readable with the pack installed, pixellated and illegible without.

I cant see any SSAO on the confetti, which is weird as it was very obvious to me, but it could be because of the dampness effect.

Either way, make sure you're forcing anisotropic filtering and maximum texture quality via your drivers, as Sleeping Dogs won't do it. If you've got the latest dev drivers there will be a Sleeping Dogs profile. If you don't you'll have to make one yourself.

FStop7

Banned
Dating question

When I confronted Tiffany and she told me off I left, didn't attack her or anything. But ever since then I have not had Tiffany, Amanda, or Not Ping appear on my contacts list. I'm pretty far into the game now, like 3 or 4 missions after The Wedding. I'm wondering if something broke.

Just did my first missiin for
Roland
I cracked up at the end as you're driving and
the girl just jumps out of the moving car screaming "I'm sowwwwwyyyyy. "

That was so fucked up!
When it happened to me she jumped out at high speed and was immediately run over by a truck

owlbeak

Dating question

When I confronted Tiffany and she told me off I left, didn't attack her or anything. But ever since then I have not had Tiffany, Amanda, or Not Ping appear on my contacts list. I'm pretty far into the game now, like 3 or 4 missions after The Wedding. I'm wondering if something broke.
I also would like to know this.

Dennis

Banned
It does look it. You can easily tell near the start from the street vendors with boxes of cameras. The text is readable with the pack installed, pixellated and illegible without.

I cant see any SSAO on the confetti, which is weird as it was very obvious to me, but it could be because of the dampness effect.

Either way, make sure you're forcing anisotropic filtering and maximum texture quality via your drivers, as Sleeping Dogs won't do it. If you've got the latest dev drivers there will be a Sleeping Dogs profile. If you don't you'll have to make one yourself.

What is the verdict? HD or not?

EatChildren

What is the verdict? HD or not?

Wrong store :lol. The little street venders, the ones with blue boxes of cameras. Should be tons in that starting market.

The texture quality there is clear enough for me to believe it is working though.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Been playing this game for a few hours now and I am loving it. Some very frustrating fighting moments (like the martial arts training club) but I kept playing. I don't think I'm super far along in the game yet though, but so far so good :D

Police level 5
Triad level 5
Face level 5 so far... I want to max them all out lol

I totally would want a sequel of this game set in Taiwan, which would be bigger/diversified landscape :)

PS: Anybody know a youtube of the main menu theme music ? Can't find it :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Dating question

after they dump you, you're basically done with that part of the game. that girl won't ever appear again. so if you went out went with notping,amanda,tiffany,etc already, don't worry about it

actually i don't think they even need to dump you, they just disappear after their date mission

Top Bottom