• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Neiteio

I mentioned it in the PC performance thread, but if you're not forcing anisotropic filtering you're doing it wrong. Sleeping Dogs appears to have none. Force 16x through your drivers and it cleans up textures over distance beautifully.
How do I do this? I went under Advanced Settings and I don't see an option for this?

KePoW

Banned
Yep. The console versions don't have any leeway on the stick at all. Have to hold left trigger otherwise you just jog around.

That's weird, I guess that's another reason to get the PC version!

But is the 'jog' speed really that fast to be bothersome? Who wants to walk at slow speed in a game like this anyway

Mik2121

The driving handling has been discussed a ton, and it's just personal preference. Does someone like arcade or realistic handling, there's no right or wrong.

As for pressing a button to walk, I have no idea what you're talking about. There's only a button to sprint, not to walk. (PC version with 360 controller)

I know that the driving is about preference, I'm just a fan of how the GTAIV cars handle, being able to just slowly drive by without it looking awkward when going at low speeds. In this game it doesn't feel as good to me.

As for walking, dunno.. at least on PS3 you press L2 to walk, otherwise the player is sort of jogging rather than walking. I know it sounds like a very small detail, but I like being able to walk around slowly and drive slowly to enjoy the views... :/

derFeef

But is the 'jog' speed really that fast to be bothersome? Who wants to walk at slow speed in a game like this anyway

To walk around like this!

fb580273.jpg

Arcteryx

Personally I just sprinted around the entire game, but it is kind of weird to not have that "variable" speed with the movement stick.

The zoomed-in walk is nice for sightseeing, but you're right that it doesn't really figure into the game other than that.

KePoW

Banned
Personally I just sprinted around the entire game, but it is kind of weird to not have that "variable" speed with the movement stick.

The zoomed-in walk is nice for sightseeing, but you're right that it doesn't really figure into the game other than that.

Yeah I sprinted everywhere too.

But now that you guys mention it, maybe I never really tried to walk slow. So maybe it's true what you're saying about the analog stick.

Mik2121

Yeah. That's why I said the game isn't bad... it's just to me it doesn't feel as good as I expected. For a game with such an awesome environment, it would be great if you were able to enjoy it a bit more by walking slowly and whatnot. It's that and the car handling.. specially when going slow, the camera likes to do crazy stuff :(

Anyway, I'm really liking the rest of the game, so it's all good :)

derFeef

Are you guys saying that the "zoom in and walk slowly" thing only works on PC with controller? I hope that's not a bug and they keep that in because I love it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I guess we can all look forward to people checking in 20+ hours of gameplay as Dennis is yet to make is way out of the market.

Cheers guys, I'll get it whe my backloag's a little smaller, so if any developers are reading this you can add 1 to your sales, as I wouldn't want my backlog to contribute to you guys going under :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I thought it was a nice touch that Vivienne Lu, the singer in the game, also has a song on the soundtrack.

iNvid02

I thought it was a nice touch that Vivienne Lu, the singer in the game, also has a song on the soundtrack.

yeah i hopped in the car and was about to change the station when i noticed she was playing.

some nice little touches in this game, my fav was smashing the windshield to get out when both sides of my car were blocked.

this game is a repeat of last year with saints row 3, great open world game comes out of nowhere and is just enormous fun

edit: i still cant take screenshots yet, god dan

Cloudy

Banned
So I did some walking or just now and I noticed the striped clothing is used VERY often on the NPC ladies. Is this a HK thing or just dev laziness?

anyone else... get a bit frustrated with the gore :p

Like... I spend so much and grinded so much face and i get in 1 fight and my swell suit is splattered in blood T_T.

Wish the game had a portable dry cleaner in your trunk.

buhdeh

God what a shit port this is on PC. Game freezes at splash screen so I have to disable steam community to get it going. Graphics settings are bugged as fuck and don't save so I have to edit the XML files manually. New game freezes at loading. Google searches bring up hundreds of posts with the same problems. Fuck this.

Cloudy

Banned
Been playing about 8 hours and I never really left the first area except for the Amanda picture thing lol. Gonna fool around and see if I can do some drug busts and events elsewhere. Don't wanna finish the main story too quick

ps: LMAO @ the Tiffany favor event

EatChildren

TaaAAAAkkkeeee ooOOOonnNN MmmeEEEEE

TAAaaaAAAKkKkEEE mmEEEe OOoooNN

mxgt

Banned
God what a shit port this is on PC. Game freezes at splash screen so I have to disable steam community to get it going. Graphics settings are bugged as fuck and don't save so I have to edit the XML files manually. New game freezes at loading. Google searches bring up hundreds of posts with the same problems. Fuck this.

On the flip side I have had none of these issues and the game runs and performs wonderfully for me.

M.W.

Been playing about 8 hours and I never really left the first area except for the Amanda picture thing lol. Gonna fool around and see if I can do some drug busts and events elsewhere. Don't wanna finish the main story too quick

ps: LMAO @ the Tiffany favor event

Yeah, it baffles me when people do all the main missions first. I'd rather finish all sidequests before the main quests.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Weird, first time I heard of this problem

Smash88

Banned

Get a better computer.

Darklord

Banned
I think this game is better than GTA4. I'm having so much fun with it. I love the Hong kong setting, the combat is fun, the characters are fun. I hope this sells well because I will buy the hell out of a sequel.

vaelic

Banned

first ive heard of this

NIN90

Lol, that whole thing (minor dating spoilers)
with Tiffany cheating on Wei was kinda weird. Didn't even know they were a couple. They just had had a karaoke session.
They guy was like "Man, Tiffany is foolin' around!!" and I was like "Who is she cheating on?"

Top Bottom