• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

Wei's VA was Colonel Moon (who subsequently dies and gets plastic surgery to becomes a white English guy) in Die Another Day lawl

moon.jpg

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Wei's VA was Colonel Moon (who subsequently dies and gets plastic surgery to becomes a white English guy) in Die Another Day lawl

moon.jpg

Lee is also the Silver Samurai in the upcoming awesome potential blockbuster superhero hit: 'The Wolverine'.

antitrop

Also I feel the need to mention the amazing soundtrack in this game. Opeth and Trivium along with a ton of awesome music appropriate to the setting? It's wonderful.

DJMicLuv

so damn true. Stranglehold was fun for what it was but SD really nails the HK crime drama feel with its homages and references. hell, i'm still impressed people speak REAL Cantonese int his game. i wish i could sit next to you guys and tell you what the NPCs are saying when you jack them or hit them. it's all pretty hilarious.

If this has already been asked I'm sorry but I heard a commercial on the radio stations which kept saying 'One Eyed Monkey' in English while the rest was in Cantonese. What's that all about?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Yeah, one of the draws of the game was the top notch soundtrack, I found myself listening to Asian Pop, Rap, and herbal music?

The best version I have heard of Air, ever!

The commercials were awesome too! Cambria this, some women going whu-jun-hu, just professional.

Ken

If this has already been asked I'm sorry but I heard a commercial on the radio stations which kept saying 'One Eyed Monkey' in English while the rest was in Cantonese. What's that all about?

Think it's just a commercial for some kind of beauty product.

Ken

Just listened to it. It's for a massage parlor. Basically saying "are you tired all the time and need a good massage? Come to One Eyed Monkey blah blah blah massage."

"Big Paul's" is for cheap shoes.

There's a commercial for a hot pot restaurant and also a bread store with all kinds of breads; curry, coconut, red bean, whatever you waaaaaant!

LiK

Just listened to it. It's for a massage parlor.

There's a commercial for a hot pot restaurant and also a bread store with all kinds of breads; curry, coconut, red bean, whatever you waaaaaant!

Yeet lat lat! aka hot and toasty!

SMT

SMT

Boo. I want the song when I'm chasing fake watch dealers.
I always browse for it, but I can't seem to find it.

I always get Verdi's Rigoletti as soon as I hop into a car. :|

The Karaoke featuring Flock of Seagulls and Aha really got to me. I loved Take On ME

Even better, it was at night and raining when this song came on!

Sweet, for me it was when the sun was setting, maybe on the way back it was raining. Next time it will be raining on my desktop.

There's also a song I like called "The Hard Way" but it has no artist, so I'm guessing it's a Square original or something.
Yeah, it's pretty good too, I'm pretty sure someone will flac the disc in due time.

Ken

I always browse for it, but I can't seem to find it.

I always get Verdi's Rigoletti as soon as I hop into a car. :|

There's also a song I like called "The Hard Way" but it has no artist, so I'm guessing it's a Square original or something.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Boosey & Hawkes for life.

Jezabel

Bailed off a motorbike at high speed and it knee capped a chick walking past. I had a hearty chuckle.

Also at the start of every race the chick with the flairs gets absolutely nailed

I love this game

Arcteryx

Bailed off a motorbike at high speed and it knee capped a chick walking past. I had a hearty chuckle.

Also at the start of every race the chick with the flairs gets absolutely nailed

I love this game

lol

I had that happen a few times. AI just decided to swerve and pin her between some cars; I just scooted around them while giggling.

bitoriginal

I did some awesome move yesterday where I ran up someone's chest like a bicycle kick and then roundhoused them to the face, but I seriously cannot figure out how to pull it off again.

I have just woken up though, maybe I dreamt it. This game man.

Aaron

Accidently jump kicked the lady always gossiping outside my apartment. Still didn't shut her up.

Also slid off a car into jump kicking a thug in the face. Dukes of Hong Kong action.

Lesath

Just listened to it. It's for a massage parlor. Basically saying "are you tired all the time and need a good massage? Come to One Eyed Monkey blah blah blah massage."

The way the Big Rooster Bakery guy says "delicious" always cracks me up.

Also, it's not "Big Paul's" but rather "Big Horse". I wonder if it is some sort of weed pun.

Ken

The way the Big Rooster Bakery guy says "delicious" always cracks me up.

Also, it's not "Big Paul's" but rather "Big Horse". I wonder if it is some sort of weed pun.

Oh, I wasn't sure about the Big Paul's thing so I put it in quotes.

haikira

Anyone know what the change radio buttons are for KBaM? Normally play with the pad, but sometimes flick over. Pretty sure i checked options and couldn't find it. But maybe i'm just blind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's weird that Sagitarrius or whatever is NEVER on any cars that I jack. I have to manually go there.

Daptone is the best station, btw

Jimrpg

I'm going to be honest here, the combat engine isn't as responsive as it should be, but this game was developed at an earlier time, the next Sleeping Dogs installment should be better.

Countering exposes the engine.

You can also do a Robin Shou/Jackie Chan Style wall-jump kick, run towards the wall, then pull the analog back while holding run and pressing punch\kick.

Also, the next game should have separate kick, punch, and grapple buttons. It would so help with stunning a foe.

I'm not saying steal Arkham's button mapping, but STEAL Arkham's button mapping\engine NOW!

25264316.jpg

Also tweak it for Sleeping Dogs.

I think the countering is fine - its pretty responsive. The countering window is a bit narrow with the grapplers but its not impossible.

But what i will say is that the combat should be faster paced - more like DOA series... but really it should be like jackie chan movies but at a playable level - right now its more like a UFC pace.

Finished the game half an hour ago. Great game just like watching a good Johnnie To film. I wished that opened/used collectables would dissappear from the game map though

Jimrpg

Also, entering your home makes all your naughty deeds go away. I guess there's no house-arrest.

To get me prepared, I watched a few Chow Yun Fat Hong Kong Cinema movies, but Hardboiled wasn't on netflix. :(

Next game I get is Stranglehold.

Hard Boiled is on Youtube though if you don't mind the low def quality :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waSTdqwPC2s

The HK movies I would watch as companion pieces to SD would be

any of the Jackie Chan Police Stories, Armour of God series
Better Tomorrow series
The Killer
Hard Boiled
Infernal Affairs series
Election series
and check out some of Johnnie To's films too

and Im ashamed to say I haven't seen Young and Dangerous series but people should definitely watch them.

Aaron

I like this better than Arkham City combat because it feels like something happening in reality instead of super crazy low gravity land. The attacks have some actual weight to them, and you can string together some decent combos instead of just lashing out in all directions like a cyborg Tasmanian devil.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like this better than Arkham City combat because it feels like something happening in reality instead of super crazy low gravity land. The attacks have some actual weight to them, and you can string together some decent combos instead of just lashing out in all directions like a cyborg Tasmanian devil.

It also helps that Wei looks like a martial artist. Batman looks like a Gears of War character, and it looks real goofy when he does any kind of kick in Arkham. Batman's counter punches and backhands look awesome though, but there's one animation Batman does where he jumps up and does a split kick and it's the dumbest looking thing ever.

Top Bottom