• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illucio

Banned
How is this?

tqT37Sa.png

EDIT: Whoops. Left my guideline text in the image.

Replace Snake with Wonder Red and have anyone or anything take Roy's place (even a rock. I'm not picky, even a turd. A turd is a better candidate than Roy.) And then this roster would be perfect.

Personally, I'd ax Captain Toad and replace him with another Wario character. But that's just me. Captain Syrup or Ashley are preferable. Overall, that roster is what dreams are made of.

Neoxon

Personally, I'd ax Captain Toad and replace him with another Wario character. But that's just me. Captain Syrup or Ashley are preferable. Overall, that roster is what dreams are made of.
We still don't know Sakurai's stance on adding characters who are already Assist Trophies, so I'd hold off on the idea for now. As far as the poll goes, IntelliHeath did bring up a good point that Sakurai could refer back to the poll when considering to promote certain AT characters to playable status in the next game.

We still don't know Sakurai's stance on adding characters who are already Assist Trophies, so I'd hold off on the idea for now. As far as the poll goes, IntelliHeath did bring up a good point that Sakurai could refer back to the poll when considering to promote certain AT characters to playable status in the next game.

Oh, I don't disagree, otherwise I'd be voting for Tingle alongside K. Rool. I really, really hope Tingle gets promoted next game. Hyrule Warriors proves that he's a capable fighter. ;-)

Neoxon

Replace the two DK reps with a character that literally cannot function properly? Begone, heathen.
We don't know that for sure about the Chorus Kids. Logically, they wouldn't have been started at all if they were having issues with the Ice Climbers & the Chorus Kids were using the same AI as the ICs.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the Ice Climbers themselves. My mistake. They're sadly never coming to Smash 4, Troubled Bat.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Remove Captain Toad, Dixie and K. Rool. Replacing them:

- Chorus Men
- Ice Climbers
- Wonder Red

How dare you remove my three favorites on that roster lineup!

And yes, I'd love if Dixie got in, even if over K Rool. I actually really like Dixie as a character, in fact the only female Kong I do like (the other options being Candy or Tiny...blech).

My dream though is both Dixie and K Rool being introduced as a bundle with Gangplank Galleon stage (and maybe Cranky Kong assist trophy?)

We don't know that for sure about the Chorus Kids. Logically, they wouldn't have been started at all if they were having issues with the Ice Climbers & the Chorus Kids were using the same AI as the ICs.

EDIT: Oh, you mean the Ice Climbers themselves. My mistake. They're sadly never coming to Smash 4, Troubled Bat.

I know. And this is why it'll never be a perfect roster. :(

How dare you remove my three favorites on that roster lineup!

Because I'd rather have unrepresented characters!

fite me irl (σˋ▽ˊ)σ

I know. And this is why it'll never be a perfect roster. :(

Because I'd rather have unrepresented characters!

fite me irl (σˋ▽ˊ)σ
I tend to agree. The more franchises they can represent, the better. But I'm still salty that there was no DK newcomer in the base game. Just give me K. Rool and I'll never complain about the roster again.

Speaking of DK, somebody on DK Vine suggested that Retro should make a new Ice Climber game and have them fight the Snowmads. That's an idea I can get behind.

Neiteio

Cool thing about Captain Toad is you could have a Toadette alt.

Also, a Wario Bike-style move where you zoom foward in a mine cart... throwing turnips!

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I tend to agree. The more franchises they can represent, the better. But I'm still salty that there was no DK newcomer in the base game. Just give me K. Rool and I'll never complain about the roster again.

Speaking of DK, somebody on DK Vine suggested that Retro should make a new Ice Climber game and have them fight the Snowmads. That's an idea I can get behind.

I never thought about that before. Ice Climbers taking on the Snowmads, maybe if they recruit some Polar Bears amongst their ranks. And instead of bananas they just get eggplants.

Red Devil

As far as the poll goes, IntelliHeath did bring up a good point that Sakurai could refer back to the poll when considering to promote certain AT characters to playable status in the next game.

Well Little Mac got promoted from Assist Trophy in Brawl to playable in this game, so yeah it could happen for next game, like say have Takamaru, etc be playable for the next game.

And yes, I'd love if Dixie got in, even if over K Rool. I actually really like Dixie as a character, in fact the only female Kong I do like (the other options being Candy or Tiny...blech).

She died for our sins.

I believe K. Rool has a better shot than Dixie, I'd have both.

Im not sure whether I would want Dixie or K.rool more, K.rool could be very interesting but its not like dixie couldnt and i think she deserves it more.

Personally wonder red and a DK rep and i am done.

I am happy for wolf though, just cuz my wife wants him so bad, otherwise im totally done with vets and i could care less about ryu.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Well Little Mac got promoted from Assist Trophy in Brawl to playable in this game, so yeah it could happen for next game, like say have Takamaru, etc be playable for the next game.

She died for our sins.

I believe K. Rool has a better shot than Dixie, I'd have both.

I completely forgot about Wrinkly Kong. I am shamed.

sad-frog.jpg

I had a dream last night that Bomberman was playable. I actually woke up upset :( I was even switching colours on the character select screen

SSBRiot_Bomberman_Color_Palettes.png

He had 6 colours plus the golden bomber and a classic look.

And I vaguely remember the moveset. He was able to put down a few bombs and punch and kick them, and also had the pogo and rolling kangaroos.

super-bomberman-3-europe.png

Masked Man

I said wow
Nice. I hope someone translates that entire Famitsu column soon; I'd love to read it. Masked Man, we need you!

If someone can hook me up with a copy of the column, I'd be happy to do it! :D

EDIT: Never mind, found it!

Cool thing about Captain Toad is you could have a Toadette alt.

Also, a Wario Bike-style move where you zoom foward in a mine cart... throwing turnips!

Honestly, I envision Captain Toad as a Bowser Jr.-style character constantly riding around in the mine cart. Please, Based Sakurai, make it happen!

How is this?

tqT37Sa.png

EDIT: Whoops. Left my guideline text in the image.
Replace Captain Toad with Impa/Tingle or with Banjo & Kazooie and you'd have my dream 'plus DLC', even if it's not remotely realistic beyond Wolf and maybe another DK rep. Captain is cool and all but I feel we have enough Mario reps already for this game.

Wow, Mewtwo was close to being promo only

That would have been disastrous.

He also acknowledged the endless hype train lol
Moreover, we decided to release other characters as well because part of the fun of Smash is the anticipation: “Which character will join the fray next!?” If we keep distributing content, we can maintain that excitement, and I think that’s a really great thing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I expect mostly Mii Costumes. I want Isaac badly but not as a costume. Golden Sun really got jipped. Not even a trophy.

NeonZ

I don't think Wonder Red has any chance of being added, even putting aside the game's low numbers. The 3ds seems to be barely able to handle Olimar's Pikmins, there's no way Wonder Red could carry over his "Unite Hand" and other abilities to Smash. Well, I guess he could if they had him somehow using them by himself, but it'd go against his nature so I can't see them doing that.

We might get a Mii costume, but that's it.

Our team may have shrunk in size, but I’m still just as excited as ever to be pouring my heart and soul into my work every day. Given the different types of content we’re producing, it wouldn’t be surprising for the planning of one item to coincide with the development, balancing, and finalization of several others. We also have version updates, online features, and additional modes to worry about. It can be quite overwhelming, but it’s all about making players ha

Are we getting additional modes beyond just Tournament? :O

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't think Wonder Red has any chance of being added, even putting aside the game's low numbers. The 3ds seems to be barely able to handle Olimar's Pikmins, there's no way Wonder Red could carry over his "Unite Hand" and other abilities to Smash. Well, I guess he could if they had him somehow using them by himself, but it'd go against his nature so I can't see them doing that.

We might get a Mii costume, but that's it.

That's what I have been saying for awhile but let them vote for him anyway.

Thank you for the translations! :D

Wow, Mewtwo was close to being promo only

That would have been disastrous.

He also acknowledged the endless hype train lol

Yes, it could be disastrous but thankfully they avoided that! I'm glad that he is aware of endless hype train! CHOOO CHOOO!

Are we getting additional modes beyond just Tournament? :O

Tourney Mode and Tournament Mode, so I guess that's it? Unless they are going to surprise us with Break the Target? (I doubt it)

I'm not a big fan of Captain Toad being DLC, at least not when we have what we can assume to be a limited number of "newcomer slots." Mario technically got nine new characters as well as a returning cut veteran, whereas Zelda's not really had a new character aside from Toon Link since Melee, and Wario has been generally snubbed for the idea. If we got 10 characters in all, I'd like

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Chorus Kids
Toon Zelda (ideally Tingle)
King K. Rool

And after that, my wants would basically be limited to seeing a second rep for Wario and Punch-Out!!. And as for Isaac, I'm not really pulling for him, but I'd be happy for other people if he was in.

(Also I took out Inkling because I felt that she could stand to wait until a later batch of DLC or until a sequel)

Neoxon

I'm not a big fan of Captain Toad being DLC, at least not when we have what we can assume to be a limited number of "newcomer slots." Mario technically got nine new characters as well as a returning cut veteran, whereas Zelda's not really had a new character aside from Toon Link since Melee, and Wario has been generally snubbed for the idea. If we got 10 characters in all, I'd like

Mewtwo
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
Wolf
Dixie Kong
Chorus Kids
Toon Zelda (ideally Tingle)
King K. Rool

And after that, my wants would basically be limited to seeing a second rep for Wario and Punch-Out!!. And as for Isaac, I'm not really pulling for him, but I'd be happy for other people if he was in.

(Also I took out Inkling because I felt that she could stand to wait until a later batch of DLC or until a sequel)
I honestly don't think we should get Toon Zelda. She'd basically be a clone character, & Roy is already pushing it. Not to mention any potential Toon Zelda could have as a unique character was snubbed by the 3DS version. As for Tingle, he's tied up as an Assist Trophy (& we don't know if Sakurai will promote any ATs as DLC).

If we get a new Zelda rep, it'd probably be Impa.

Captain Toad seems like a perfect DLC character to me. Toad really is the last major Mario character I can think of who'd round out the main series. He's definitely separated himself from the species problem people used to bring up before, and since Captain Toad/Toad Amiibos exist you can just integrate those to work with Smash. Could see him being a quick hitter with fast grabs, slightly above average strength, and low aerial viability. Kind of like a Little Mac/Squirtle/Mario cross.

That article kind of makes it seem like he's having a lot of fun making DLC. He's positive about it and he seems happy he's finally able to keep adding to Smash. I think it must have frustrated him he couldn't patch Brawl to be better.

The lack of a real strict deadline and a relatively lighter work load seems good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom