• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
lPCIK5m.jpg

Did not know who to vote for, but i finally got it now.

Phoenixus

Voted for Wonder-Red, even if part of me feels he'd be better left as a reveal for the next Smash game. Issac would have been a close second.

My votes so far:

Tails Miles Prower
Daisy
Wonder Red

Each with good reasons why and not just lazy posts.

.....there are so many characters I want, im actually thinking real hard who would be a good fit that wont waste a character space to bring in something fresh.

Also I missed all the SmashGAF talk :3c

It'll be a waste of a vote... but I'm shooting for Ridley! (Gotta at least show the character is popular and has support!)

I wish they could just take something like his Melee model and put it in the game.

qTnRTHp.jpg

qxZEvuk.png

gU7aXhq.jpg

If I wasn't voting for Ridley, I'd consider one of the following:

• Wonder Red
  • Inkling
  • Isaac
  • Andy
  • Impa

EDIT: In fact, shameless plugs for both Isaac and Andy.

I really want Toon Zelda, but the vast majority of the fanbase would be pissed at having to pay for "a lazy Zelda clone disguised as a newcomer," so she probably isn't in the pipeline.
That's a good point. Fans did embrace Toon Link but I wonder if that was due to Young Link being in Melee and being replaced but still remaining a character. People already complained about too many Pokemon, which is funny considering how many out of the way too many to count would make sense for Smash and therefore shouldn't matter. Still, I would have thought she'd have been included by now.

That's the point. Using his swords and forms as attacks would be so fresh and fluid!
Oh I agree and would love to see him in the roster. I don't think I've ever had a "who should be in Smash?" discussion with my friends without mentioning this. I said that because poor Ganondorf already doesn't have a very unique moveset and I wonder if they would put in the time to give a new Ganondorf that attention without the other. Unless he were to get an overhaul in the next.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind more Wind Waker reps since I love the hell out of those designs.

I'd prioritize Toon Ganondorf over Toon Zelda though.

At this point, I'm honestly surprised they aren't in the game. Toon Zelda makes sense (or at least Tetra) but Toon Ganondorf may require a completely unique moveset based on his design.
I don't think they're ever going to put Toon Ganondorf as a separate character, but I'd love to have him at least as an alternate costume. I love his design.

Neoxon

Logically speaking, Sakurai knew full well how requested Ridley is yet he isn't in the game. As such, there's a technical reason for his continued exclusion, & Sakurai has attributed this to his size.

I voted for Viewtiful Joe. He'd be perfect for this series.
While I love the Viewtiful Joe series, he has the same issue Bayonetta has. Mega Man beat him to the punch.

Azure J

OK, voted Takamaru, Lip, Mike Jones, Wonderful Ones/Wonder Red (actually made this distinction clear), and the Inklings. Thinking about throwing some down for Anna (Fire Emblem) and Impa (Zelda).

jnWake

Reading Sakurai's twitter (thanks Google translate), I'm half-convinced Sakurai decided to launch the Ballot to have people stop pestering him by e-mail/twitter/other media haha.

J@hranimo

Banned
Smash-GAF is the people that play the game, not the people that sit around and post "what if" scenarios.

Oh, so I guess I'm not SmashGAF anymore? lol

College and a resolve to my internet issue has been a hurdle with playing with people consistently.

Anyway working on my ballot for Rayman...

RagnarokX

I really want Toon Zelda, but the vast majority of the fanbase would be pissed at having to pay for "a lazy Zelda clone disguised as a newcomer," so she probably isn't in the pipeline.

I imagine Toon Zelda with a moveset completely based on Spirit Tracks.

B = Torch Phantom: Spinning fire sword attack.
Down B = Phantom: Shield and counter attack.
Forward B = Wrecker Phantom: Possess a phantom that turns into a boulder. Acts like rollout.
Up B = Warp Phantom: Possess a phantom that teleports you in the direction you hold after.

tkscz

My votes so far:

Tails Miles Prower
Daisy
Wonder Red

Each with good reasons why and not just lazy posts.

.....there are so many characters I want, im actually thinking real hard who would be a good fit that wont waste a character space to bring in something fresh.

Also I missed all the SmashGAF talk :3c

TG2T25o.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Reading Sakurai's twitter (thanks Google translate), I'm half-convinced Sakurai decided to launch the Ballot to have people stop pestering him by e-mail/twitter/other media haha.

That would be brilliant plan to get them to leave him alone. There are good amount of people that have a feeling that the DLC list might be already finalized.

Lebon14

Felix from Golden Sun is happening!!!
Voted Isaac
Isaac from Golden Sun. Too much Fire Emblem and zero Golden Sun? Get outa here. The first two GS games are classic.
Voted Isaac
I'm with you! Golden Sun deserves this chance!

OMG! I love you guys so much! So much that I had to quote some of you who voted for Isaac! Golden Sun needs all of the love!
For me, I'll voting for Jenna because... Well... It's obvious. *awaits obvious avatar quote* Even if I don't play Smash, I think I'd consider buying the game if ANY Golden Sun char gets a DLC just to show that I want a fourth installment so bad.

Oh, this pains me. Waluigi, Rayman, Neku, Isaac, I can't just choose one. :|
Takamaru, Isaac, K.Rool, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, or Snake... This is the hardest decision I've made today.

It'll be a waste of a vote... but I'm shooting for Ridley! [... *snip*...]
  • [... *snip*...]
  • Isaac
  • [... *snip*...]
[... *snip*...]

Thanks for considering Isaac! (Or any Golden Sun Chars)

voted again for Mia. Any of the cast would make me happy though

HECK YEAH. Golden Sun Females Power. Brings the others along for a ride!

Let's not kid ourselves, Nintendo is not going to make the effort to create brand-new characters or work out new third-party deals to bring in other characters. At best we're going to get the return of Wolf, and maybe some clones of established characters (Yarn Yoshi and Kirby, Cat Mario, Toon Zelda)

So much Daisy love ;-;

As doubtful as I might find this but.....I voted for KOS-MOS. She is kind of part of the Nintendo Family now....kinda.

Cody_D165

Banned
im dropping votes everywhere but these are probably my 5 most wanted in no particular order

Bomberman
Ridley
Inkling
Simon Belmont
Geno

Bomberman, Belmont, and Inkling are there for sheer moveset potential

Ridley is there because I can

and Geno is there because I'm a SMRPG fanboy like so many others

Toad.T

Banned
I'll say what I said elsewhere:

Ridley, K.Rool, Issac, Wonder-Red; these characters already have a dedicated legion of fans that would already place them at #1 regardless of the competition.

Bomberman has nearly nobody, because they see him as someone to add 55 votes later after Hatsune Miku, Lanky Kong and Jughead Jones.

Vote Bomberman. Give Hudson Soft's pride and joy a better home.
and a better resting place.

ive been contemplating Cless or Lloyd......leaning towards Lloyd since he was, for many fans, their first taste of a "Tales of" game, including me. <3

Yeah, personally I see Cless as the poster boy/mascot of Tales, but considering Symphonia is sort of the most celebrated game in the franchise and debuted on a Nintendo console, I think it's best to pick Lloyd as he has the best chance at making it in.

RK128

Voted for Rayman; he was part of that infamous fake leak and I love the series he stars in (Origins is one of my favorite 2D Platformers and I have fond memories of playing through Rayman 2 on my DS a few years back). His move-set has a lot of potential too:

-Can shoot energy balls with his hands and charge them to make them stronger
-Can use his helicopter ears to hover in the air or blow away foes
-Has great reach for grabbing foes due to having no limbs
-Can throw his fists and use his combat moves used in Origins/Legends
-Has the ability to transform into a few different forms shown in Rayman 3

He can be a blast to play as if designed well enough and the Smash team is really talented, so I can see him be a great addition next to Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man (though Simon Belmont, Bomber-Man and Snake should go before Rayman just on a legacy factor alone....).

Blues1990

After all is said and done, I had to limit myself to five candidates, and here are my choices:

Issac - Golden Sun series
Wonder Red - The Wonderful 101
Sami - Advance Wars
Female/Male Inkling - Splatoon
Shovel Knight - Shovel Knight

I felt like I have done a good service tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom