• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

Banned
We need another Donkey Kong character.

grOqTB4.png

Any of these would do.

Would you be okay if she just an alt costume for Peach just like Alph? Or a clone like Dark Pit with minimal differences?

I'd really prefer her to rep the sports series but an alt costume or clone would be fine as well.
I just want her to get some love. At least Waluigi is an assist trophy. Daisy can't even get to alt costume status.

Thorakai

I hope none of the Wonder characters make it. Not because I don't like them, but because I think a more powerful console unburdened by the limitations of the 3DS will do them justice. Picking a single character like Wonder Red would be a disservice to the imagination of Sakurai and co. I am hoping for some brilliant way to incorporate 101 idea into gameplay, rather than putting the spotlight on just one character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope none of the Wonder characters make it. Not because I don't like them, but because I think a more powerful console unburdened by the limitations of the 3DS will do them justice. Picking a single character like Wonder Red would be a disservice to the imagination of Sakurai and co. I am hoping for some brilliant way to incorporate 101 idea into gameplay, rather than putting the spotlight on just one character.

Exactly.

They were pretty vague about what the poll was for, ultimately.

They didn't say it was strictly DLC, they indicated it might be for future Smash projects in general. Which could be in concept now or they could be seven years away, who knows.

Hmm, that's a good point. Though I do feel that they wouldn't mention the poll within the context of upcoming content if they didn't anticipate using the results soon in some fashion. Maybe that's just me though.

Either way, at least maybe it'll give those Miiverse people with their ridiculous requests an outlet.

RM8

Captain Toad would be my pick, but SSB really doesn't need another Mario character. So because I'm not (too) selfish, I'll try to think of a more diverse pick.

EDIT: Nope, after reading the thread I see I'm not alone, so I'm joining my Toad bros <3

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I hope that's not genuinely why you're against his inclusion, lol. I understand if you just don't like him, but him being too "90's"? That's oddly specific.
I just don't like the character design, even after the redesigns. A fat green bumbling lizard doesn't entice me to play him.

I just don't like the character design, even after the redesigns. A fat green bumbling lizard doesn't entice me to play him.

That's completely fine. Just don't vote for him. I just don't see why him potentially making it as a playable character should be a bad thing, when you won't even need to purchase him.

zeioIIDX

Oh damn, I picked Marina but totally should have gone with Shovel Knight. He'd probably play like Mega Man of course but I think he would turn out quite nicely as a Smash Bros. fighter.

MrPanic

Ok, finally decided to go for Isaac. It's just too big of a shame that Golden Sun gets so little recognition in a game like smash.

Clefargle

If you're voting for a character, vote for one that has a chance of actually getting in. In other words:

SNAKE, SNAKE...SNAAAAAAAKE!

Flowmoney

I had to go to a friends house to vote for DMX and the Idolm@ster crew.

DMX was in Def Jam vendetta and you know his goons gotta be in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom