• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

J@hranimo

Banned
Voted for Rayman; he was part of that infamous fake leak and I love the series he stars in (Origins is one of my favorite 2D Platformers and I have fond memories of playing through Rayman 2 on my DS a few years back). His move-set has a lot of potential too:

-Can shoot energy balls with his hands and charge them to make them stronger
-Can use his helicopter ears to hover in the air or blow away foes
-Has great reach for grabbing foes due to having no limbs
-Can throw his fists and use his combat moves used in Origins/Legends
-Has the ability to transform into a few different forms shown in Rayman 3

He can be a blast to play as if designed well enough and the Smash team is really talented, so I can see him be a great addition next to Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man (though Simon Belmont, Bomber-Man and Snake should go before Rayman just on a legacy factor alone....).

Heck yes! *High Five*

RK128

Heck yes! *High Five*

Love the Rayman series too man :)? I love the Origins/Legends games as they felt like a great evolution of the old school Sonic games; using momentum and fast movement to explore the whole level and finding all the secrets or higher paths (the running levels really hit this home for me).

Overall fantastic games and I would love for Nintendo to honor Rayman's recent re-birth so to speak through putting him in Smash Bros. as a playable character :).

FZZ

Banned
Voted for Ridley.

Cmon GAF this might be our last chance, Snake had his time and is a third party character. Honestly we shouldn't be voting for any third parties characters that aren't Geno, but I digress.

Hope Ridley wins. Looking at it I expect them to pick one choice from the Male category and one from the Female category.

Medusa is good but I think Hades is still more memorable.

Also there will be only one characters chosen by the players or they will be more ?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Done. Voted for Wonder Red. GET RED OR GET OUT.

I dunno if they could reflect Wonderful 101 mechanism very well for Wonder Red because of Smash 3DS. I meant Smash 3DS cockblocked Ice Climbers from the roster.

The lack of hades here is surprising

I thought he was a more loved vilain

I would love to see Medusa, but I doubt that we would get one more Kid Icarus representative after many meltdowns because of Dark Pit and TOO MANY KI REPRESENTATION!

Berordn

I want you
299px-Jimmy_T._WWM.png

To vote for Jimmy Thang

Remember, a vote for Jimmy T. is a vote for a character that will inevitably use cats as a weapon in Smash Bros.

RK128

....Damnit X(, forgot to vote for him :(.

Loved his VA and character in KI: Uprising and having another villain for Smash Bros. (a brand new one full of character at that) is a great move :D. I can picture his moveset to have some creative liberties as he was only present for the final boss in-game and avoid making him a Capt. Falcon Clone like Gandondorf.

I guess it can work like this:
-He uses one of the Claws as his main weapon; mirrors the rest of the KI cast nicely (Pit and Dark Pit use Bows/Orbitars/Clubs and Paultina uses her staff and godly powers)
-Has fire magic and incorporates underworld forces into his moves (like he can violently throw the eye monsters at foes or summon the Reaper to fight alongside him)
-Is a tank with physical attacks and can take a lot of blows (sorta like Ganondorf and Bowser in a way)
-Final Smash is priceless (he is a funny character, so maybe he can for example, have his 'wish' from the Wish Seed Chapter fulfilled in the final smash and that kills everyone).

"Wonder Red" wouldn't work as a standalone character because he's tied to his color. He is specifically supposed to be red. If he does make it into the game I think the character(s) will be called "Wonderful Ones" with each member being in the forefront with each different color variation, and the rest either following behind or appearing in Special Moves/Final Smash. It's actually a very tricky character to pull off.

Ridley ultimately was too big though... Toad has demonstrated he can jump.
Not with his backpack and gear.

IronLich

I feel like the only person that rooted for a playable Excitebike.

Like the best thing Smash could do with him is that you start out with him riding the bike. And he has an overheat charge move that you can hold down before you blast off but hold it down too long and your bike overheats.

And one of his smash attacks is him getting knocked off the bike, and rolling across the floor a bit. He can fight on foot, or jump back onto the bike.

Just consider Wario's bike as a template and build off that,

But this is my never thing. There's just too much support for more deserving fleshed out characters, but I would just die if the Smash team found a way to make Exictebike into a playable character.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Lucas' Snake and Prince's Snake form scene made me thinking that we are getting Snake announcement at E3 :p

Hey, don't you all go forgetting about the Inklings, you hear?

Well, I would rather to support Inkling and Wonder Red for Next Gen Smash but again it's just my opinion.

I like how Hyrule Warriors made Midna 300% more possible.

She was my vote, but I also want to vote for Jill Dozer:

ZLANwIa.png

I guess the biggest problem is that if you let her function outside of the Drill Dozer (while it's on AI piloting), you hit the issue the Ice Climbers had.

Also, Dr. Eggman, because two Smashes with Sonic without Eggman is kind of awful.

Richie

At least in my experience, regardless of the 5 Stars marketing it got and all its representation in Smash 4, Uprising is nowhere near as popular as one could believe...I remember watching E3 2014's Digital Event while chatting with a dozen friends, all big Nintendo fans, and more than half had no idea who the goddess who ended the event was.

J@hranimo

Banned
Love the Rayman series too man :)? I love the Origins/Legends games as they felt like a great evolution of the old school Sonic games; using momentum and fast movement to explore the whole level and finding all the secrets or higher paths (the running levels really hit this home for me).

Overall fantastic games and I would love for Nintendo to honor Rayman's recent re-birth so to speak through putting him in Smash Bros. as a playable character :).

Oh yeah, I've loved Rayman since Rayman 2 days. Origins/Legends rebirth was awesome and they could do a lot with him as a character. He's #1 especially after seeing Omni make a render that nice for the fake leak lol.

Vuapol

You can vote multiple times, right? Because now that I have the power, I'm not sure I can narrow myself down to one...

Wolf, Snake
lol Konami
, Ice Climbers
lol 3DS Parity
, Paper Mario, Crono, Takamaru, Ridley, Ganon, Isaac...all deserving in my eyes. This is so awesome
until 4Chan inevitably turns this into a trainwreck.

My vote was as follows:

Character: The Witch

Game: The Witch's House

Why I want the character: The Witch is the legless purple haired girl you see in the picture below. The Witch's House is a horror game that has stuck with me and its one of my all time favorite games. I know she basically has no chance, but to see the full story of The Witch's House please see the wiki on the story which will contain major spoilers: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witch's_House And here is a picture of the character I want, The Witch in legless form: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._house__no_stage__by_lilmusicluva-d6dz5w5.jpg

And yes, I know I am possibly the only one voting for this character. I do hope a random indie gets in like Shovel Knight. I hope they post the results. I wanna see if Ridley beats everyone else combined 10 to 1 like I think he will lol.

Also calling it now: If any other third party character gets in its Jack Frost/Atlus character.

Soul Lab

I'm reading through these sites and I'm amazed by all the love Wonder Red gets. This makes me happy. I love you guys!

We can do it!
TEAM! UNITE UP!

Only placed one vote, but I voted for Snake. Even if Konami and Kojima aren't seeing eye-to-eye right now, he was a welcome inclusion to Brawl, and having him back would be awesome.

Also, I want that Dunban Mii.

I still am kinda dumbfounded about this poll and the whole indefinite speak about when more content is coming and what is. I mean, it sounds like Sakurai is stuck with Smash until 2016 at the earliest. That's awesome for us, but I don't know how awesome it is for him.

I mean, I'm fucking euphoric right now because the Smash cycle gets to continue for a little while. I'm riding the high of my boy Lucas returning and how awesome Mewtwo looks. I'm so fucking stoked about how the poll basically guarantees at least one more newcomer and more vets.

But at the same time I cannot help but feel so sorry for Sakurai. Again, I think he's the luckiest man in the world, getting to be in the position he's in, but I also know what toll these games have on him.

I just wish him so much health and happiness while he continues to work so hard to give us this content. I hope this DLC work doesn't have a negative affect on him.

I still am kinda dumbfounded about this poll and the whole indefinite speak about when more content is coming and what is. I mean, it sounds like Sakurai is stuck with Smash until 2016 at the earliest. That's awesome for us, but I don't know how awesome it is for him.

I mean, I'm fucking euphoric right now because the Smash cycle gets to continue for a little while. I'm riding the high of my boy Lucas returning and how awesome Mewtwo looks. I'm so fucking stoked about how the poll basically guarantees at least one more newcomer and more vets.

But at the same time I cannot help but feel so sorry for Sakurai. Again, I think he's the luckiest man in the world, getting to be in the position he's in, but I also know what toll these games have on him.

I just wish him so much health and happiness while he continues to work so hard to give us this content. I hope this DLC work doesn't have a negative affect on him.
They were pretty vague about what the poll was for, ultimately.

They didn't say it was strictly DLC, they indicated it might be for future Smash projects in general. Which could be in concept now or they could be seven years away, who knows.

DooD1234

Hoo boy, I just submitted my vote for Hades of Kid Icarus Uprising and Shantae for my vote. I wonder how they are going to separate the difference between character actually voted once by one person and multiple vote for the same character by one person. I get the funny feeling their are crazy Ridley and Waluigi fans are throwing in their vote as much as they can.

Hmmm, I suppose I can throw in votes for Shovel Knight, Impa, and Wonder Red too...

Clov

I put in a vote for K. Rool. With this poll he might really be able to make it in! It's pretty exciting that there's a chance now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom