• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fuck you guys, I want Wonder Red the most, but he's going to be lame if they have to make him work on 3DS. Wat do

I can't really see Wonder Red would represent Wonderful 101 very well in Smash 3DS, but here is a hope for him being in Next Gen Smash tho.

But I want Wonder Red (W101) to get the recognition it deserves.

Can you come in SmashGAF IRC since I have something to ask you there?

Zubz

Banned
After what Sakurai said about Ridley, I really think it'd be a wasted vote. He's my most wanted by far, but I'm gonna ride that Wonder Red train into the ground.

Reule

I'd be happy if Wonder Red or Bayonetta got in just because it'd be somebody new. I want new characters for DLC.

But Simon Belmont, guys. It would be so cool. Guy has a whip and an arsenal of weapons to play with. We could get some badass music alongside Dracula's castle as a stage.

DVG

Seeing some of the ones people are suggesting this is both the best and worst idea nintendo has ever had haha. I'm not sure who to vote for though. Gonna take my time with this

trixx

lPCIK5m.jpg

latest

Famicom Wars, you know what to do.

Lin or any other character from Famicom/Advance Wars.
These suggestions are pretty cool. Could have at least made Impa a Sheik alt.

I voted for:

Sceptile (We have a Fire-type starter and Water-type starter, someone has to fill in that last spot
and I just want to see my favorite Pokemon in the game
.)
Wonder Red
Inkling Boy/Girl

J@hranimo

Banned
I had this thought guys, here me out here:

This may have been brought up already but does anyone see the deadline of 10/3/2015 kinda....late?

Like Mewtwo got announced back in early November last year and up to now let's say it took at least 6 months for them to make him. Now we know that they were working on Lucas alongside him too. I think we may get at least one more character
Wolf!!!
before the ballot is locked in on Oct. 3rd.

Ryce

I have a feeling there’s a bimonthly DLC schedule in place for 2015.

April - Mewtwo
June - Lucas
August - Newcomer
October - Wolf (to promote Star Fox U)

October is coincidentally when the character survey ends. If any of the requests catch Sakurai’s eye we might get an extra character or two in 2016, but the survey isn’t guaranteed to play directly into development.

It’s similar to the Injustice approach: 4 predetermined DLC characters and 2 “bonus” characters.

CAR105 3

Voted for Belmonts(Richter as the main) and Metal Sonic.

I dont think either is going to happen but you never know.

Ryce

I don't care what he said about Ridley, it was a stupid excuse, I will never be silent on the matter.
If this was a regular fighting game like Marvel vs. Capcom then Ridley would work without issue, but Smash Bros. is a platform-based fighter, and there are size restrictions. A Bowser-sized Ridley just doesn't look good aesthetically, and it's probably not something Sakurai/Nintendo would be okay with putting in an official product.

At this point, I'm honestly surprised they aren't in the game. Toon Zelda makes sense (or at least Tetra) but Toon Ganondorf may require a completely unique moveset based on his design.
I really want Toon Zelda, but the vast majority of the fanbase would be pissed at having to pay for "a lazy Zelda clone disguised as a newcomer," so she probably isn't in the pipeline.

At this point, I'm honestly surprised they aren't in the game. Toon Zelda makes sense (or at least Tetra) but Toon Ganondorf may require a completely unique moveset based on his design.
That's the point. Using his swords and forms as attacks would be so fresh and fluid!

I'm sure they could figure out Ridley if they really wanted too, should have ditched the stage idea to begin with and just made a design that worked as a character.

I'd also accept a Metroid playable, that would be cool too. Actually the more I think about it that would be more than cool! :D

TDLink

I have a feeling there’s a bimonthly DLC schedule in place for 2015.

April - Mewtwo
June - Lucas
August - Newcomer
October - Wolf (to promote Star Fox U)

October is coincidentally when the character survey ends. If any of the requests catch Sakurai’s eye we might get an extra character or two in 2016, but the survey isn’t guaranteed to play directly into development.

It’s similar to the Injustice approach: 4 predetermined DLC characters and 2 “bonus” characters.

This is exactly what I suspect is happening as well. The bimonthly release schedule makes too much sense. It wouldn't make any sense to have Lucas come out two months after Mewtwo and then have nothing until the Fall or later.

RaidenXZ

Just put in my vote for Django from the Boktai series. He would be a sick character to have in Smash.......but his chances are slimmer than Snake's to get in :(

We need more Kojima characters but when I look at Smash Bros and then look at what Konami is doing with Kojima, it doesn't look so well. :(

Here is what I just submitted.

Bomberman has featured in over 70 different games on numerous platforms (including all Nintendo platforms save for the 3DS and Wii U), as well as several anime and manga. His franchise is one of the most commercially successful of all time.

We love Bomberman, and he deserves to Smash with Mario, Pacman, Sonic and Megaman!

My favorite games growing up were Bomberman on N64 and Bomberman Generations on Gamecube. Me and fans will pay money for him in Smash.

Kriken

Love that Smash-GAF is reconvening.

It's not about the game we have, but the dreams of what can be!

Sorry, I can't stay up late nights again for the chance of getting new info

Edit: while I'm at the top of the page, I'll just say I was never fond of your boot fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom