• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss-hikaru

ISAAC! ISAAC! ISAAC!

All the other people here saying that they voted Isaac as well make me hope...pls Sakurai/Nintendo ;___;

I never thought Isaac would be a possibility, but he seems fairly popular (on Gaf...) and now that Golden Sun is on Virtual Console Nintendo might find it worthwhile raising the profile of the series? AAAARRGGHHH I want GS4 so much.

Kyzon

Voted for this guy.

tumblr_m0qif22hqu1r47lok.png

yasssssssssssss

Doczu

Is it even possible they would get a third party character into the roster? I mean i'd love to see some Snake ingame, but after the Kojima-Konami fallout (and Hayter not voicing Snake) it looks like it could be hard to get him into the roster again. Nevertheless these are my votes:

- Snake (come on, we all do want him back, right?)
- Isaac from Golden Sun.
- Andy from Advance Wars (or just anyone, it would be great to see some love for the series)
- Simon Belmont? Stretching a bit, but come on he is iconic

Crownjo

Why are people voting for Cloud or Sora? I really don't get it. I rather vote for a Nintendo character or certain third party characters...

Captain Toad would be an excellent rep for both 3D World and his own game. And we'd get a free Toadette recolor. Such a good deal.

Wonder Red is perfect.

What I wrote
Because it's a well proportioned character for the game, he's fast, has a lot of fighting techniques with and without objects. The Wonderful 101 game is also full of things that could be used as assist trophy. Finally a Amiibo Wonder Red would be very nice since Wonder Red has a lot of style ^^

Or Viewtiful Joe maybe... argh :/

Robiin

So, anyone else here from Scandinavia? I bought both versions of the game, but since there's no club nintendo in this region, do we still have to pay for Mewtwo?

Raitaro

Many characters to choose between, but I chose to go for these ones:

m2Jb6XU.png

Ofzworb.png

w8Vm6IGl.jpg

Splatoon could use all the cross-promotion it can get. I also think the Inklings would come with unique fighting moves based around ink shooting to attack and to cover surfaces so they can move faster.

Takamaru was already planned to be playable and turning his assist trophy into a playable version should be relatively easy. Being a classic but obscure Nintendo character from the NES days, I also feel he is very much due for a return to the stage (especially after his series was used in Nintendo Land).

Simon Belmont seems like a no-brainer to me, being one of the most iconic NES generation third party characters. His whip attacks and sub-weapons would offer a unique midrange combat style, his Castlevania stage would be fantastic and on top of that he would complete the Captain N team (with Mega Man and Pit). I very much like his Lords of Shadow incarnation (shown) but wouldn't mind his more classic brown-haired Barbarian version either.

Other characters I thought of voting on were: Bayonetta, Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, Chun-li from Street Fighter, Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus, and King Hippo from Punch-out. Wouldn't mind the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven either.

Why are people voting for Snake. Lucas confirms that Wolf and Snake are back, the gematsu leak was real. Come up with something unexpected!

woopWOOP

Oh, the ballot's open until October 3rd? I read the date as March 10. That's pretty late then, yeah.

In that case I wonder if these suggestions are actually going to be used for SSB4 DLC or if it's mostly a way for them to check who people really want to have playable in SSB6.
..Or maybe both.

Moonlight

Banned
Why are people voting for Snake. Lucas confirms that Wolf and Snake are back, the gematsu leak was real. Come up with something unexpected!
Gematsu never mentioned Snake. I don't even think it mentioned Wolf. Or any veterans besides a suggestion that Lucas was likely to be cut. Which seems kind of contrary to Lucas being announced, actually.

So, anyone else here from Scandinavia? I bought both versions of the game, but since there's no club nintendo in this region, do we still have to pay for Mewtwo?

Maybe email Nintendo europe with both codes you get in the box so they can check and send you a DLC? Or Nintendo Scandinavia if there is offices in this area.

Sad to hear if you can't enjoy this offer.

I put my vote in for Wolf.

• Was in Smash Bros Brawl so doesn't need a major rework
  • Smash for 3DS/Wii U could use more villains on the roster
  • New Star Fox game on the horizon would tie in nicely with Wolf release

Zyrox

I put my vote in for Wolf.

• Was in Smash Bros Brawl so doesn't need a major rework
  • Smash for 3DS/Wii U could use more villains on the roster
  • New Star Fox game on the horizon would tie in nicely with Wolf release

Basically same thing I did. Sakurai pls.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I guess there is no chance that any assist trophies will become playable characters?

Poor Tingle :(

Oh, the ballot's open until October 3rd? I read the date as March 10. That's pretty late then, yeah.

In that case I wonder if these suggestions are actually going to be used for SSB4 DLC or if it's mostly a way for them to check who people really want to have playable in SSB6.
..Or maybe both.

It will be a long, long time before SSB6, for the next couple of years they will focus on adding content to Smash 4.

Anyway I'm sure they are already working on new characters, they aren't going to just sit on their hands until the poll closes in October. No way Wolf isn't in the pipeline already.

Voted for Chibi-Robo, others I'd like to see are Paper Mario, Wonder Red, Inkling, Mallo.

Wild dream: Brighton from Mario Party 6, my avatar. Hehe.

I don't think third party characters will be actually considered at this point...

Doczu

To be honest, when they announced Lucas and told specifically that he's from Mother 3 i hoped they would also announce the game vor VC :(

Raitaro

..Or maybe both.

To me this comes across as if Nintendo/Sakurai already has more Smash 4 DLC plans beyond Lucas in the months up to the closing of the Ballot (going by the time it is taking them to create and release characters so far). Not sure if it will be Wolf and Snake, but I wouldn't mind getting them without having to vote on them first.

Baleoce

Vince from art academy. In terms of movement he's a blank slate so they could be quite creative with it. But also,they could make a stage based around art academy where the arena is drawn in the background at the same time you're fighting.

But even though I like that idea, I doubt it'd get any traction, so I'll probably be voting for Isaac or Shovel Knight.

Merc_

So far the worst votes I've seen are for Roy. Do folks understand that they're basically voting for a 2nd Marth clone?

shaowebb

The Freedom Planet folks are asking people to vote for Lilac. I dig this indie vote in so I made it one I supported.

So far:
  • Dark Samus
  • Ridley
  • Isaac
  • Lilac
  • Skull kid

Im enjoying myself <3

Masked Man

I said wow
Voted for Captain Toad on the English site and Chorus Kids on the Japanese site. Lucas returning to the fray is pretty exciting, so those two are really the only other characters I need!

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Skull Kid as a playable fighter, either. :)

L Thammy

Man, I can't decide who to vote for. All of the stuff that I'd really like are never going to happen. ST Falcon from Battle Clash, Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness, Claus from Mother 3, Wonder Red. Ayumi Tachibana seems like she could be interesting too.

The only semi-realistic ideas I can think of are assist trophies... but I don't think Saki Amamiya or Jeff Andonuts are going to happen either. Takamaru maybe?

Jackano

I voted yesterday for Impa.
I'm shocked that Zelda is under-represented comparatively to Fire Emblem.
Impa is the most recurring character in the franchise outside the Triforce holders and maybe still before Tingle. It's also a female character which is always a plus since that old Sakurai quote about that.

She ain't be a clone aither and have various designs from the games so pick one. Skyward Sword design is maybe the more fit to Smash Bros Wii U.

I can't choose. ;~;
Chorus Kids has been on my hype list since the rumor, but then since they scrapped Ice Climbers for having multiple characters perhaps that's why they got scrapped too. However they could be so hilarious.

Wonder Red and Bayonetta deserve a spot just as well. And then there's Phoenix Wright... .-.

Edit: I just entered all of 'em woop

NateDog

I haven't a clue who to vote for. This is my first Smash game and I'd love to play as Snake but just don't see it happening. Bayonetta and Wonder Red I'd definitely like to see. My girlfriend is voting for Cooking Mama...

I can't choose. ;~;
Chorus Kids has been on my hype list since the rumor, but then since they scrapped Ice Climbers for having multiple characters perhaps that's why they got scrapped too. However they could be so hilarious.

Wonder Red and Bayonetta deserve a spot just as well. And then there's Phoenix Wright... .-.

Edit: I just entered all of 'em woop

Chorus boy didn't get scrapped, they never considered them.
Voted for dark palutena myself
/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom