• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayolan

Also Mewtwo was super duper buggy. He literally banned you from online if you used him in a specific mode. His lack of customs was also kind of poorly coded since you could access them anyway.

Yea, I think they needed to get him out because of the Club Nintendo deadline. After a few weeks he was all cleaned up though, although he still doesn't really seem terribly well balanced.

Speaking of Mewtwo. Can we have Pokemon Symphonic Evolution in Smash, please Mr Sakurai?
I will also allow past 2:30 for this song, since you know, 2 minute limit and what not. Grumble grumble johto underrepresented grumble. This song is short enough to be plucked entirely.

Thank you so much for informing me that this is a thing which exists. I mean, I knew symphonic evolutions was a thing, but I had no idea their songs were up on youtube. They're phenomenal.

And while we're on the topic of dream pokemon songs we'd like to be in the game...
Pokemon Origins Champion Battle
Colress Battle Theme (this not being in the game from the beginning is a crime)
Zinnia Battle Theme
A remix of Red's Battle Theme. How Cynthia got a (not all that great) remix before Red or even Blue is beyond me.
Primal Dialga

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, 3rd August is Sakurai's birthday? The same as Honoka from Love Live's?

Scrap all those Haruka predictions, the idol Smash rep to back now is Honkers. It all makes sense now, they are literally pushing them into anything and everything, merchandise is being commissioned up the wazoo so Amiibos are the next logical step, Bandai and Sega both have an interest in the series and finally she shares Sakurai's birthday.

The signs are all there.

EDIT: Please ignore the person below.

After listening to the new music some more, Hyrule Castle actually sort of has two remixes.

The Hyrule Field theme from Ocarina of Time is actually a fairly well done "retro" medley of all of the different field songs, with enemy encounters and stuff. Really nice, everything blends perfectly (as it did in Ocarina of Time).

It's also almost 4 minutes long lol.

Zubz

Banned
After listening to the new music some more, Hyrule Castle actually sort of has two remixes.

The Hyrule Field theme from Ocarina of Time is actually a fairly well done "retro" medley of all of the different field songs, with enemy encounters and stuff. Really nice, everything blends perfectly (as it did in Ocarina of Time).

The real DK Rap is returning. Believe.

I'm pretty sure the Hyrule Field song is just how it's arranged on Ocarina of Time's soundtrack, it's not new to Smash.

Golnei

A shame they were never able to use the rearranged version - would there be any additional licensing issues for putting arrangements like that, the Majora's Mask orchestrations, 25th anniversary Zelda concert and F-Zero X guitar album in a Smash Bros. game?

Golnei

Mother music says otherwise. Snowman and Porky's theme are both from a Mother 3 arrangement Album.

Though in those cases, didn't Shogo Sakai make some minor changes to them himself, compared to the 3i versions? I don't think there's ever been an unaltered transfer from a separately-released arrangement album to ingame music within the series yet.

For some reason they added a choir to the first 5 seconds of Snowman, otherwise it's unchanged other than they cut out some of the album introduction. Oh and RIP wind.

Porky's Theme is a little different since it was part of a larger medley. They took bits and pieces of that medley and brought it together with this medley as one solid Porky song. As you can hear, the introduction of that first song is actually the end of the Brawl version! Otherwise they're identical to the Brawl version as far as I can hear. The 3i song in the second medley is even set up to loop lol.

So yea, I guess they had changes, but they were fairly minor and for Porky's it was only done to pull the song out of a medley so it could be its own theme.

Also the Mother CD version of Magicant is really good. Too bad we didn't get that version as well. It sounds more "weird" which fits Magicant.

javadoze

CLdXi8NVEAA6yPQ.jpg:large

Sakurai's 45th birthday (with Kirby and Pac-Man amiibo).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the Ryu files were originally just low quality placeholders, of course this means anyone can bring low quality SFX files to the table and use that excuse to claim they're real.

Also Chrom is hitting Ridley levels of desperation from fans. Let it go lads.

I've always asked for more My Music customization (particularly in swapping songs between stages), so I'd be all for it.

To address some earlier posts, Peach's Castle has five songs just because and Saria's Song was easily one of Melee's weaker arrangements so I don't miss it too much (I'm more disappointed ALTTP's Hyrule Castle didn't make its Smash debut, but the new arrangement is still really good despite the main theme homogenization, so w/e).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Eh... fake or did they actually leave some stuff on the 3DS version, again?

As far as I know, dataminers didn't bother with the 3DS this time around. I haven't seen anybody whose actually datamined it.

The fact that the voice line is a Shantae assist trophy and Chrom sounds... off... makes this seem kind of fake, but I have no idea because I don't datamine. That Shantae line is ripped right from one of her games as well.
I almost wanna believe in Shantae. Shantae would be cool.

kirby_fox

Banned
Eh... fake or did they actually leave some stuff on the 3DS version, again?

As far as I know, dataminers didn't bother with the 3DS this time around. I haven't seen anybody whose actually datamined it.

The fact that the voice line is a Shantae assist trophy and Chrom sounds... off... makes this seem kind of fake, but I have no idea because I don't datamine. That Shantae line is ripped right from one of her games as well.

This has fake written all over it. Only one video for the account, was data mining himself and had all of those files, but his "team" had the file name for Chrom so he didn't have it to post it, and poor spelling too.

I'll believe it if anyone can verify this datamine...but I haven't the slightest clue how one would do that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
More like it's weird Stunfisk isn't in it since it would be perfect for a Pokéball summon. It would be like the pitfall or motion sensor bomb but instead it would electrocute anyone would trod on it. It could even move around sometimes so it's not even in the same position at all times.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
He's not that important in X/Y and Yveltal doesn't have a Pokeball either. Similarly, Giratina isn't a Pokeball Pokemon in Brawl, but is in Smash 4.
Hoopa got introduced too late probably.

Wonder why they removed Groudon. Still, Giratina did have a trophy in Brawl iirc so Zygarde should've at least had a mention.

KingBroly

Banned
Well the Ryu files were originally just low quality placeholders, of course this means anyone can bring low quality SFX files to the table and use that excuse to claim they're real.

Also Chrom is hitting Ridley levels of desperation from fans. Let it go lads.

At least Chrom got a Mii costume. Ridley didn't even get that.

Neoxon

I wonder if the Fox voice feedback will help us avoid a tragedy with Wolf.

He had one of the best voice's in Brawl. They can't just go and throw that out.
Considering the fact that they're getting the SF643D cast back for Star Fox Zero (the same game that Fox & Falco's English VAs were pulled from for Smash 4), Wolf will likely follow suit if he gets in.

But they brought Pit and Virdi's voice actors in, but not Palutena and brought Charizard, Lucario and Greninja's actors in, but not Mewtwo. And DK's actor in for a goofy song, only.

Wolf having his Star Fox 64 voice would be the furthest thing from tragedy.

Wolf's voice in 64 would sound ridiculous on Smash Wolf.

Savage, feral beast mode Wolf with a subtle fake British accent?

I prefer the Southern gruff Wolf voice, considering how Wolf plays in Smash.

Palutena's VA from Uprising had schedule conflicts.

Still Mewtwo. Also it shows they're not really all that strict with making sure the voice actors are 100% consistent.

Also just thought of another one. Bowser compared to Bowser Jr.

Zubz

Banned
GUYS THEY'RE WATCHING US FOR REAL

Apparently Nintendo watches forums for Smash feedback and specifically mentioned NeoGaf

HI SAKURAI I LUV U

FIX ROB'S EYES

Man I, uh... I hope they weren't here for my Ridley meltdown.

Bring back Bowser's Sunshine voice!

I'd like voice packs that let you change how a character speaks ala MvC3, honestly. Like, you could have the monster sounds Bowser we have, Sunshine Bowser, mainline Bowser (Complete with growls like "SHOWTIME."), etc.

And, of course, we'd need to have the GOAT DK voice from the cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom