• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm kind of shameless and will buy any Smash DLC, and have so far (Wii U only tho)

I actually really like it all and use it regularly though, except for some Mii costumes

I'm looking forward to seeing if they do any more new stages. Returning ones are cool but I need some new ones (I'm aware of the Sakurai stage DLC quote).

There are nothing wrong with buying all characters and stages. I did too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Back in my day you only got new stages and characters every six years. Of course I'm buying all of them. Even the ugly ones like K. Rool.
I bought Ryu/Suzaku Castle and Dream Land 64. I still want to buy Lucas and the other stages.

Roy is meh.
Roy is the best swordsman in the game

Neoxon

I still need to get the recent 2 N64 stages, but that's because money was tight on my end (sans my savings account that I refuse to touch). I'm supposed to be getting my check for my month's work, soon, but most of that is going towards my TE2.

EulaCapra

I'm gonna be stingy with all future DLC now. I really regret buying Roy. Owning both versions, $5 is just too much for a single character especially if none of my friends have enjoyed him. I've enjoyed expanding the stage selection in both versions especially with 8 players so no complaints there. Have not bothered with any Mii costumes either.

Only characters I'll buy for sure are totally new character movesets or any females.

I've already spent over 200 in amiibo. Please don't encourage me.

Amateur
gT866ki.png

Nintendo needs to step up their hat game to play with the big boys.

Masked Man

I said wow
About the Ice Climbers, I honestly think a solo Ice Climber is the future of the character. They were pretty insane in Melee and Brawl, and I feel like Smash 4's increased hitstun would push them into the territory of overwhelmingly broken. I'd love to see Popo and Nana reappear as playable characters, but I don't think they'll return as a duo.

lol Fiora

Why even bother?

I wouldn't be upset at all if Fiora got in.

Personally I see no reason to be stingy with Smash DLC. I play a lot and so do my friends, and I also hunger for new content, so the pricing is fine to me.

Stages are fun but SMM is the first DLC stage I'm super excited for.

The Adder

Banned
Can someone play me?

My internet situation recently changed, My connection feels better on my end, but judging from the For Glory quit outs, I think it actually got worse. Been banned from GAF, so haven't been able to ask someone.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I doubt it since everyone seem realistic about the chance to get more contents.

Can someone play me?

My internet situation recently changed, My connection feels better on my end, but judging from the For Glory quit outs, I think it actually got worse. Been banned from GAF, so haven't been able to ask someone.

Wrong thread?

Dr. Buni

There's going to be so much salt tomorrow evening. I can just see it now.
Yeah, some people really don't want Shovel Knight in Smash.
Personally I see no reason to be stingy with Smash DLC. I play a lot and so do my friends, and I also hunger for new content, so the pricing is fine to me.

Stages are fun but SMM is the first DLC stage I'm super excited for.
I see no reason in buying mii costumes that can't be used in most online modes and in buying a character I dislike.
Did no one make a thread about the shantae backer email?
Could it be related to this?

PK Gaming

About the Ice Climbers, I honestly think a solo Ice Climber is the future of the character. They were pretty insane in Melee and Brawl, and I feel like Smash 4's increased hitstun would push them into the territory of overwhelmingly broken. I'd love to see Popo and Nana reappear as playable characters, but I don't think they'll return as a duo.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Fiora got in.

Actually, Smash 4 doesn't have any more hitstun than Brawl. The difference between the 2 games lies in the fact that you could air-dodge out of hitstun in Brawl, but you can't do the same in Smash 4.

And to be fair to the Ice Climbers, they were insane because of their ridiculous chaingrabs (which are impossible to perform in Smash 4) and I doubt they would be overwhelming in Smash 4 without them.

They could put in any sort of SMW music in the SMM stage and I'd probably be satisfied even if we got nothing else.

One of Koji Kondo's GOATs <33333

Did Kondo compose Mario Maker's new music?

Because the new music for the old themes are all spot on.

<3 Air Ship SMW and Ghost House SMB. Especially the former, it feels ripped right from Super Mario World's air ship levels that it never had.

That reeks of desperation more than anything else. Yacht Club Games, on the other hand, has been silent about Shovel Knight's inclusion ever since the rumor first broke. Possibly under NDA?

Now that's weird. They went from pushing Shovel Knight hard to dead silence about Smash.

Could be desperation

Seems like it. Maybe trying to get at least a Mii Costume or trophy or something.

<3 Air Ship SMW and Ghost House SMB. Especially the former, it feels ripped right from Super Mario World's air ship levels that it never had.

I think he did. Agreed on the Air Ship music, but they HAVE to put in some of the editor music.

Oh can it with that bull sh** I can accept him if he is in but I can not be happy with it too. He reeks of some string pulling behind the scenes and not what will make people happy in places like Japan

Masked Man

I said wow
Actually, Smash 4 doesn't have any more hitstun than Brawl. The difference between the 2 games lies in the fact that you could air-dodge out of hitstun in Brawl, but you can't do the same in Smash 4.

And to be fair to the Ice Climbers, they were insane because of their ridiculous chaingrabs (which are impossible to perform in Smash 4) and I doubt they would be overwhelming in Smash 4 without them.

Thanks for the clarification! The inability to airdodge is probably where I got confused.

And the new grab mechanics admittedly would prevent a lot of the silliness present in previous games. I guess I'm just trying to come up with ways to get IC back into the game without breaking the 3DS, haha.

He did! The topic came up at the Mario 30th Anniversary Concert last week, and Kondo said he was responsible for writing new themes for those stages in the style of the original games. They fit right in—it's incredible!

Damn looks like SK really is in the game, Yacht Club is telegraphin it so hard with their silence :/
Man Retro is really telegraphing that K.Rool is in this game with their silence and mysteriously retweeting the Smashboards K.Rool kampaign. I mean, they can't be fans just like us. There must be a conspiracy.

Dr. Buni

Man Retro is really telegraphing that K.Rool is in this game with their silence and mysteriously retweeting the Smashboards K.Rool kampaign. I mean, they can't be fans just like us. There must be a conspiracy.
The thing is that Yacht Club Games sort of denied the Shovel Knight amiibo, yet they refuse to comment on Shovel Knight being in Smash. I am not saying he is in the game, but...
Man if Sakurai wanted to give me have a heart attack he should add Bandana Dee and Cranky. Spears vs Canes.
Yeah, I would have a heart attack as well if Cranky Kong was added to Smash instead of Dixie or K. Rool :p

With Shovel Knight it's a little different.

For months they were gung-ho about voting SK in the ballot. And then suddenly, they went quiet. Whenever anyone would ask them about it, they'd clam up and give a non-answer or dodge the question, despite basically answering any question people as them. This was basically a sudden change in a matter of a week. On top of that, there was the somewhat reliable leak that SK is coming.

He did! The topic came up at the Mario 30th Anniversary Concert last week, and Kondo said he was responsible for writing new themes for those stages in the style of the original games. They fit right in&#8212;it's incredible!

Oh man, you were totally there, weren't you? Reading this account of the concert made so jealous (MK64 Rainbow Road and Piranha Plant's Lullaby?!?)

Edit: wait omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom